Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Floitari

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilceren
Ilceren

Floitari Empty
PostSubject: Floitari   Floitari Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:00 pm

I had this in my ideas thread, but it was suggested that I posted it here, so here it is. It's an idea for a new subspecies of Dryads:

Floitari
[word is both singular and plural]
An extremely rare subspecies of Dryad that sprout when the mother Dryad's seed has been pollinized not by a tree but by a little ground plant. The Floitari are very small, normally not exceeding twice the size of a Tiny, but they also are one of the most beautiful races of Dryads. They have a green, fibrose trunk and tend to feature a single flower at the top of their heads, enormous for their size, while in other cases their human halves appear in place of what would have been the pistil of said flower.

These Dryads are relatively safe. Of course, they pose no threat to human-sized or tiny-sized creatures by themselves, and doesn't predate on them, their diet being mainly insects. However, when they sense they are in danger, they expel a powerful and utterly pleasant smell. This has two functions, first reduce the risk of being attacked, and then attract human-sized predators and critters to fend off the threat.

The Floitari can connect to the Dryad network, but unfortunately, they don't have the presence to make themselves heard among the giant Dryads. So, Floitari can only listen to what others say and, if the network is relatively silent, they may be able to talk to other Floitari. Other Dryad traits like uprooting, camouflage and sharing a single link with another creature are possible, though their usefulness is hindered due to the Floitari's size, so they don't use them often.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Floitari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floitari   Floitari Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks for posting it here. I look for this every so often, and I keep forgetting you're the one who created it ^^: (I'm sorry!) and now I can find it easier Razz
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Floitari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floitari   Floitari Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Thanks for posting it here. I look for this every so often, and I keep forgetting you're the one who created it ^^: (I'm sorry!) and now I can find it easier Razz
You're welcome. And don't worry, I don't mind not getting credit. As long as people don't pretend to own my idea, that is.
So you look at this often? Do you have plans for them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Floitari Empty
PostSubject: Re: Floitari   Floitari Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Floitari
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Ideas discussion :: Dryads and Fairies-
Jump to: