Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

on psionics

Go down 
+6
Darth_Nergal
Ilceren
French snack
Stabs
Shady Knight
Thywolf
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilceren
Ilceren

psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 3:28 pm

I think we could use some "word of Karbo" here. Even though working with speculation is good for development purposes, some information is needed to reach an agreement. Namely, what can a normal person do to resist a psion? What can a mage do for the same thing? And how serious are those "serious drawbacks" supposed to be? I kinda have a "mage < psion, psion < normal person, normal person < mage" type of thought right now.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:08 am

Well as I see it Psionics are powerful and there is not a lot of protections against them. But in the same time they are very vulnerable to counter-attacks and unexpected effects. After all they perform their art by letting their mind very wide open.
I think Darth_Nergal put it right that the more powerful a Psionic is, and the more vulnerable they are as well.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 am

I believe that perhaps psionics who focus on psychokinesis (also known as telekinesis) have the potential to be extremely deadly, especially when they know how the living body (such as that of a human or naga) works. Simply focusing their minds to produce the pressure or constriction they need could easily kill someone, such as by cutting off the flow of blood to the brain or heart by pinching off a few key blood vessels, or even bursting one or two in order to induce an aneurism in the brain. Even just putting a slight squeeze on an opponents heart would be enough to induce a heart attack. While this would make psionic assassins extremely deadly, it also has the potential for making powerful psionic doctors who are able to work on microsurgery without even having to open up a patient's body.

I will admit that the drawbacks to even this is that given the size of large predators, focusing on cutting off even blood flow will be much more difficult given the comparative size of blood vessels and such will be much larger. Also focusing during such an event like when one is being hunted would be extremely difficult.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 10:07 am

And also the fact that you're focusing on a very specific organ in the body, which you can't see yourself. No doubt it would take a hell of a lot of concentration than just pick up a guy and throw it.

By the way, this is extremely minor, and it's just something I do, but I refer to telekinesis as picking stuff up with your mind and throwing, and psychokinesis as launching nondescript energy attacks with your mind.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Black Hole Fragment
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Black Hole Fragment

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:49 pm

While I may not be an expert on psionics, I have looked into the subject myself on many occasions in the past. It's always good to actully to know and define what psionic ablities are exist in Felarya, so I'm going to make a suggestion list of many psionic ablities that I believe could be found in Felarya, with short discriptions. Some of these I already know for sure are in Felarya, but I just cant help it.

Anomalous Cognition: Term used by parapsychologists to reference awareness of information without having to specify or theorize a particular means by which that information was transferred.
Apports: completely solid objects can materialize out of thin air through a physical medium.
Astral Projection: The out-of-body experiences achieved via lucid dreaming,deep meditation or astral travel techniques.
Aura Reading: This is the ability for a psychic to see in and around a subjects Aura.
Automatic Writing is sometimes done in a trance or psychic state but sometimes with the writer’s awareness but the message is not from the writer’s mind.
Channeling: Is when a separate intelligence enters the mind and or body of the psychic and then uses that body/mind to communicate messages directly to the audience. A psychic is not interpreting the information. In a channeling situation the message passes through as if the intelligence was using the body and mind of the psychic to hear you and to speak to you directly.
Clairvoyant Reader: A person able to see spirit or see future and conduct a reading.
Clairaudience is the psychic ability to hear things that are inaudible. Meaning a psychic hears beyond the natural sense of hearing.
Clairempathy is to be able to feel emotions from beyond natural realms
Clairtangency is sometimes used to describe a psychic’s ability to touch beyond the physical.
Empath: A psychic empath (sometimes called a Sensitive) takes on other people's feelings of pain or pleasure, actually feeling the emotions of others.
Levitation: Objects, people, and animals are lifted into the air without any visibly physical means and float or fly about.
Medium: A psychic who connects with and acts as a communication conduit for spirits in the after life and/or guiding entities such as angels.
Psychic Morphing is the ability to move from normal to paranormal dimensions and return at will.
Precognition: Knowledge or awareness of the future, obtained through extra sensory perceptions.
Psychometry: Psychic sense of touch. A Psychometrist will obtain intuitive impressions and information by holding or otherwise connecting with an object or person.
Pyrokenisis is the ability to start and control fires with the mind.
Remote Viewing: the projection of consciousness to remote locations.
RetroCognition: Ability to see the past by touching an object that had to do with the event.
Telekinesis: The ability to move objects with your mind.
Telepathy: communication between minds over distance or though any barrier obstructing recognition from normal sight, speech or reading body language.

Note: This is not what I think is in Felarya, but what could be in Felarya (save for those that nearly everyone here already knows that are in Felarya, so there really no need to meantion those ones unless its about the advantages/ disadvantages of those ablities).

Well thats my two cent on this subject for the moment, so I'm just going to let you guys talk.
Back to top Go down
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 pm

So I came up with an interesting Psionic ability to add to Black Hole's list. Also, if you're curious where I got the name, I made it out of two parts. Vis, which is a Latin word for Energy, and Kinesis, which means Movement. ^_^ Not bad if I say so myself. Razz It's also known as Kinetic Mirroring. And I thank Sanion for coming up with that name. ^_^

Viskinesis: The ability to manipulate and redirect forms of energy through the body and into another object or substance. this is almost purely a combat technique.

Viskinesis More Info:

Last edited by Darth_Nergal on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:17 am

I heard Nergal's idea before. It's a cool one. :3 Also, I didn't realize there was an actual word for what my OC Brine is - an empath! ^_^ I'm gonna' have to write that into her bio so I can remember.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Darth_Nergal
Hero
Hero
Darth_Nergal

Location : Someplace north Tonorian Hive, south of the Chordoni Waterfall, east of the Kuwuni bridge, and west of the Lataran Temple

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 8:50 am

Yeah, we need to take that list and move it to it's own thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.sithlordnergal.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: on psionics   psionics - on psionics - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

on psionics
Page 1 of 1