Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Janev

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Janev Empty
PostSubject: Janev   Janev Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:59 pm

This character of mine has been around for quite some time. She's been in stories, but really only as a secondary/side character. Someone who's just a friend of my main character so I haven't gotten around to redoing her bio. So I'm motivated to fix it up a bit, modifying her while still trying to keep her beauty, because I'll admit - she's my one character who's there for sex appeal. (Believe it or not, Mara's not around for that)

----

Name: Janev
Species: Giant Naga
Sex: Female
Height: 120
Length: 300s
Skin colour: Pale/Pinkish
Top scale colour: Green and Black
Belly scale colour: Light Green
Hair colour: Black
Eye colour: Blue
Other characteristics: Rocky green scale pattern outlined in black; Arboreal Naga
Predation: Opportunistic
Food category: Smaller than her

Janev was born amongst a group of Nagas just a short ways to the east of the Giant Tree. She was left to take care of herself in the tribe without much parenting, only brief guidance and advice. The problem however lay not in an attack on her family or getting lost, but the fact that she grew up to be an incredibly beautiful woman. Those who lived with her paid it no mind, but those people she met both tiny and giant sized usually would stare or compliment her, making nice. Even though these compliments had good intentions Janev began to see it as a way for people to try and get close to her when she didn't want anything to do with them. As a result she learned to deal with it by admitting her attractive physical appearance, but condemning those who focused on it.

She became highly judgemental and manipulative. Those who complimented her appearance she often saw as weak willed and easy to manipuate, which she'd use to her own ends. People who didn't stare or compliment her appearance she would grow to admire quickly for their "ability to see more than skin-deep". However, although she hates being called pretty and admits her own beauty she does not flaunt it - or spend hours making herself up to look pretty. Janev's beliefs also cause her to look beyond ascetic appearances herself, even if looking for a lover. Though she is cold and judgmental she will always be the first to admit to her faults without hesitation and accepts the responsibility for the results of her actions whether they be positive or negative. This goes for all species as well, even a normal sized human she may apologize to if she recognizes her judgement was premature.

Janev also believes in knowing her surroundings, and so in her spare time when not hunting she is most often studying herbs and plants, getting to know what kinds of plants and animals are in the area, and even trying to find their strengths and weaknesses. Her combat strength is little to none save her intelligence and manipulation, so she'll try and use her surroundings to her advantage. Janev is venomous, and practiced decently in her natural magic as an Arboreal Naga. So when in practical combat she favors blending in with her surroundings via magic to confuse her opponent's optical senses, and quickly lunging in to strike with her fangs, or improvising with her surroundings. When she's not busy studying her surroundings or mixing herbs she may also be seen sleeping or reading one of her friend's books.

----

So there you have it. As a brief recap: She's pretty, but cold and judgmental, preferring people including herself to see beyond skin-deep manipulating those who are shallow, using magic to blend in and confuse her opponents, injecting venom, or improvising. She loves to explore and gain knowledge of her surroundings so she may use it to her advantage in combat. She is also calculating.

I thought it would be needless to say she values her friends highly blah blah blah. Comments and critiques welcome. I find this difficult as I'm trying to make a previously shallow and for the looks secondary character a deeper person.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EvilGenius
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle

Janev Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janev   Janev Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 am

Couldn't really find anything to correct, so i'm just going to sit here and say good job. I especially liked your take on the dazzling beauty thing, it is an interpretation i have not seen before. I'm also going to feel bad for being unable to do more, so present you with this link in an attempt to atone. My apologies. https://felarya.forumotion.com/t3025-voral-alignment
Back to top Go down
Amaroq
Great warrior
Great warrior
Amaroq

Janev Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janev   Janev Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:15 am

About your question for the mentioning of predation level, it can be found here:

http://www.felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Characters

Predation Tier:

Safe: Just doesn't see humanoids as a food source.
Unwilling: Needs a good reason to eat humanoids. Would usually eat other available food first.
Reluctant: On the line. Preference is not to eat humanoids but does have a stomach to fill...
Opportunistic: Tends to see humanoids as a delicious treat before a person.
Specialized: Humanoids make up a solid part of a balanced diet. You're in deep troubles if you're in their food category.
Highly Specialized: Goes out of way to hunt humanoids before other available food.

The color of a character's predation tier shows what that means for humans. Black and green are what you'd hope to encounter if you're human, while your danger rises significantly as you get into orange and red.
Back to top Go down
http://xxamaroqxx.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Janev Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janev   Janev Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 am

Ah, I remember this character. She's quite a firecracker.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Janev Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janev   Janev Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Heh thanks.

Yeah I was unsure about the predation level, since she eats humans but generally doesn't care either way, I cannot say whether or not she sees humans as food before people. I want to think its somewhere between reluctant and opportunistic...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Janev Empty
PostSubject: Re: Janev   Janev Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Janev
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Character discussion-
Jump to: