Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Merku
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Merku

Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe. Empty
PostSubject: Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe.   Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Species: Sub Human
Height ranges: 5' to 6'8"
Diet: Carnivore

The Sar'kal though a Human are actually so different from other Humans they're almost treated like an entirely different species rather then just another race of Humans.

Unlike other Human races Sar'kal are not Omnivore but dedicated carnivores.

Appearance:Pale skin coloration, heavily tattooed due to cultural habits, Large razor sharp Triangular teeth that just manage to not protrude from their lips and a wider range of natural hair colors including green and Blue. They typically wear camouflaged outfits varying from dyed hided with leaves preserved and woven into the fabric to painted body armor.

Sar'kal Magic: Oddly unlike most races including other groups of Humans Magic is very common even young children have a basic grasp of their Tribal Magic however Teleport invisibility and illusion spells are alien to the Sar'kal though their Magic is focused around healing friends and harming enemies and prey they do possess an unique spell that allows them to climb and grip almost any surface flawlessly among the most powerful of Sar'kal spells is a mind control spell allowing the caster to control the actions and thoughts of another person for as long as they desire however the spell is limited to only persons lacking in both will power and intellect with most village idiots not quite weak of mind to be affected it's unknown rather it could be used on an Giant.

Sar'kal temperament: Though the Sar'kal are an intelligent cunning tribe that can be reasoned with they are dangerous to all those around them including their own tribe members. They known to without warning attack and cannibalize other Humans or Human sized races due to what's called by the Tribe "Black hunger." Having been enslaved in their home dimension to serve as soldiers they are amazingly organized with an intimidating level of experience in the subject ingrained in their very culture.

Sar'kal Technology: Most wouldn't know it by merely looking but the Sar'kal are quite skilled with fairly advanced technology with aircraft, submarine expertise and even space craft experience. However they are by culture a practical people who were always adapt to Jungles. Looking at the Tribe in Felarya they look more like cavemen with assault riffles.

Sar'kal Black Hunger: The Sar'kal are a cannibalistic species since arriving on Felarya they found new prey among the local life from animals, to adventures and even each other. Sar'kal will sometimes enter at random an blind feeding frenzy where they will attack kill and eat the nearest prey sized being. They will bite the neck to tear it open and feed should you find your self the victim of such an Black hunger your best hope is to fight with all your might protecting both your face and neck.

However Sar'kal will actively hunt other same sized species from Naga to Humans, with Human adventures focusing so much on avoiding the giant predators the tribe sees the opptunity to exploit their lack of a thought the intelligent same sized predators. Adventures have ended up in cages by merely stumbling blindly into an Sar'kal man trap. Though the Sar'kal use these traps to catch Humans to eat once in a while the trapped victim will be discovered by a giant predator first.

It's not unheard of for an Giant predator to leave an Sar'kal hunter alone merely to empty the seccuessful traps first after they've been laid.

Sar'kal Danger level, Low to high.

The Sar'kal are dangerous to the reckless adventures but also to the large predators. The Sar'kal have no natural fear instincts so the threat of death is not a deternt to them. Sar'kal hunting parties will sneak to an sleeping giant and strike at the neck and face together all at once in an attempt cause an fetal injury to their prey. Depending on the skill and size of the group the results of these giant hunting parties have ranged from an annoyed somewhat fed giant to massive feast back at their home. Since the Sar'kal Wards against the predators and magic of Felarya requires the bones of an giant to restore potency the motivation to hunt an Giant predator is always present. Thankfully they never attack prey that sleep close by other gaint predators.

Sar’kal Home in Felaya: The Sar’kal poured into Felaya in large numbers though such a situation is normally bad they Sar’kal were able to still in great numbers have plenty of their fellow people escape the feeding frenzy and establish a hidden underground city they call Go’baneshu which translates to Giant’s fall. Go’baneshu though a fairly small city in both size and population it’s just as secure as Nagav if not more so from the predators and Giants outside it’s entrances however the same cannot be said from the locals within. Go’baneshu is protected by powerful Magic Wards and the natural layout as well, with countless razor sharp spikes lining every entrance way into the city it’s a literal death trap to any Giant predator trying to squeeze in for a snack but also it’s dark narrow paths have proven to be just as bad towards the overly bold Fairies who attempted to hunt inside only to end up as prey to the locals with better night vision and better understanding of the city’s labyrinth like layout.

Friendly relations, Faries, Mercenary groups, organized criminal groups and occasionally the giant predators on a case by case basis.

The Sar’kal do not hate or love any particular race more so then any other. And though they’ve found them self’s as prey to fairies and other Giant predators they also find friends in them too. Their reasoning being that in the lands of this world everything is on the menu. Even the Giants we merely have to hunt harder and smarter to bag one.

Sar’kal tribe culture: The Sar’kal have no social class system however the concept of trade isn’t alien to them. They have farms in their underground city that use enchanted light granting crystals in place of the sun to raise livestock to eat however the Sar’kal aren’t very adapt at producing quality animal feed so it’s not uncommon for the Sar’kal to carefully trade with remote farming villages and even fairies to get the supplies they cannot produce on their own. The tribal tatoos of the tribe happen to be the closest thing to a rank system in their culture, they get their first tatoo when they become an adult and each tatoo after represents an great deed from hunting, to farming to safe guarding the tribe. Any skill an tribe member can wield is honored but one tatoo does grant more respect then any other, an purple skull with an broken assault riffle under it represents the accomplishment of successfully hunting a giant and bringing it back to Go’baneshu. Since the Wards are powered by the Bones of a slain Giant and need to be renewed at least once every thirty years this is considered the greatest of accomplishments. But one important enough to bear repeating.

Rate of Giants hunted by the Sar’kal tribe? Two the three over the course of twenty to fifty years. Successful Giant hunts do occur however they are infrequent.

Where are the Sar’kal found? The Sar’kal are Jungle adapted people however they have been seen in almost every type of climate from Artic to swampy. The only climates that Sar’kal haven’t ventured are desert and open plains since they lose their most important advantage cover. Sar’kal don’t fear death or even the risk of being eaten however they aren’t stupid they know that open plains hunting has more risk then the rewards are worth.

((Note to Karbo: This race profile is Non Cannon unless Karbo likes the idea. I have no desire to edit or downplay this race. They're skilled somewhat overconfident hunters and cannibals. IF Karbo doesn't like it Cannon wise then I'll be fine it being Non Cannon.))
Back to top Go down
parameciumkid
Hero
Hero
parameciumkid

PostSubject: Re: Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe.   Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

It's creative but you have long run on sentences where you just continue from one point to the next and that makes it hard to read so I get distracted and have to read really slowly to understand what you're talking about which is a tragedy because you have such good ideas so maybe it's worth it to take a moment and read back over your post carefully perhaps aloud in your head so you get an idea of how it would sound in a conversation and whether it would be easy to follow the speaker's point or you'd get lost in the veritable vichyssoise of verbage venting from their very verbose mouth and thereby be unable to understand their point if you know what I mean though I understand if I lost you somewhere because I tend to do that kind of thing sometimes especially when talking to people I don't know and consequently they tend to not want to talk to me anymore but that's a subject for another time because this post is supposed to be about your ideas which long story short are nice but slightly tarnished by grammatical faults to which I'm particularly sensitive and for that I apologize but still stand by my point though I worry if I went too far illustrating it.
Back to top Go down
http://helia.net63.net
Merku
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Merku

PostSubject: Re: Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe.   Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I'm glad you like the idea. ^_^

However I cannot deny your point. I have chronic sleep issues so I'm rarely rested and am on a few proscriptions.. So I'll often proof read about three or five times and not find even half of my own mistakes. sweatdrop

I'll probably try hunting down my mistakes and cleaning it up some but I can't guarantee I can really get it looking that good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe.   Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sub Human Race idea Sar'kal Tribe.
Page 1 of 1