Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

life elemental

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Thywolf
Great warrior
Great warrior
Thywolf

life elemental Empty
PostSubject: life elemental   life elemental Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 4:45 pm

A elemental that consists of life energy. Its shape consists of some form of wildlife, and size varies on the amount of living creatures or planets in the area. If in an area without life it size well be in relation to its age and power. Creature who end up eaten by it normally go through some form of reincarnation, taking on partial appearances of the elemental chosen shape normally. this elemental are rare as the magic of the world that is required to create them must saturate the every essense of life.

Life elementals are easily befriended during the right times for their day, the elementals enjoy changing the cycles of life and creating new forms or recreating other forms of life, due to this fact they are extremely voracious of creatures smaller then they are during their wandering cycles. But during the cycles of their daily lives they take the time to enjoy the thing that are living around them. To the point of bringing life back to dead thing. If a elemental is encountered during this time, instead of finding you as something to fuel it's recreation of life, it well enjoy the presence of your company that it well take a liking to you. The elementals take to this people as their friends, and might even grant them the ability to communicate with it, or emplace a part of its power into them.

The elementals are strong enough to effect spirits, people who are eaten by the elemental find their souls entrapped within the elemental until the life elemental decides to place the soul into another body, a form of reincarnation. The elementals can grow plants from a seed in a matter of seconds, or accelerate the process of growth around it. Normally, a life elemental has plants grow in its tracks or around there it stands. A single life elemental can turn a desert into a massive establish jungle in the time it takes it to walk across it.

in felarya life elemntals can be found in green hell.

(still working on this idea myself, random ideas sitting there may not make much sense to others)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

life elemental Empty
PostSubject: Re: life elemental   life elemental Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 1:55 pm

I'm going to go through this paragraph at a time. Every post deserves a comment, and I'll try to be as respectful as I can. Given that this thread is like 5 weeks old, I apologize for any frustrations.

Quote :
A elemental that consists of life energy. Its shape consists of some form of wildlife, and size varies on the amount of living creatures or planets in the area. If in an area without life it size well be in relation to its age and power. Creature who end up eaten by it normally go through some form of reincarnation, taking on partial appearances of the elemental chosen shape normally. this elemental are rare as the magic of the world that is required to create them must saturate the every essense of life.

1) Life energy. Elementals are supposed to be a spirit that possess some kind of matter. Though this is tricky, because you say "life energy" which is some kind of magic? What would life energy be, excess magic? Then it'd be a magic elemental, or anywhere where there's life?

With Darkness elementals its the absence of light, or light particles/wave. Though it'd be just as difficult to grasp a shadow as grasping life force, whatever that'd be. Or anywhere where life is concentrated? It'd still need some matter to possess.

Does it get more powerful where there's more life concentrated? With the abundance of life in Felarya, I fear that this elemental would be too OP anyway.

2) Planets? Felarya is a plane of existence isolate from planets.

3)Reincarnation is best left to the realms of heaven and hell, speaking of which, that'd be a better place to put this thing, after editing.

Quote :
Life elementals are easily befriended during the right times for their day, the elementals enjoy changing the cycles of life and creating new forms or recreating other forms of life, due to this fact they are extremely voracious of creatures smaller then they are during their wandering cycles. But during the cycles of their daily lives they take the time to enjoy the thing that are living around them. To the point of bringing life back to dead thing. If a elemental is encountered during this time, instead of finding you as something to fuel it's recreation of life, it well enjoy the presence of your company that it well take a liking to you. The elementals take to this people as their friends, and might even grant them the ability to communicate with it, or emplace a part of its power into them.

1) Befriending and Voracious. So what is their outlook on the food chain? humans, nagas? who do they eat, who do they avoid eating? how do they eat? (given being life essence, legitimate issue) You might want to rethink the "eat" prospect and try to make sure it fits your idea. They may not have/use mouths.

2)Why would an elemental give you some of its power? what kind of power would that be anyway? Bringing people back to life? Once people are dead in felarya, they are dead, and cannot be brought back.

Quote :
The elementals are strong enough to effect spirits, people who are eaten by the elemental find their souls entrapped within the elemental until the life elemental decides to place the soul into another body, a form of reincarnation. The elementals can grow plants from a seed in a matter of seconds, or accelerate the process of growth around it. Normally, a life elemental has plants grow in its tracks or around there it stands. A single life elemental can turn a desert into a massive establish jungle in the time it takes it to walk across it.

1) your focus on reincarnation here would just make me repeat myself: leave that aspect to heaven and hell

2)I like the idea of being able to grow plants and such quickly and well, but the same could be done with a nature/forest elemental.

All in all, its either too powerful, doesn't make sense, or isn't consistent with canon. "Life" is too abstract an idea to nail down, just as air is too common. or soda and pollution aren't pure elements.

If you want to go through with this, and keep it as a life elemental, try to adapt it to something that lives in either heaven or hell, as those realms are more mysterious. Though I would still try to find some kind of material that a spirit could possess. However, that would be difficult, given any spirit in heaven or hell would be given their body, not be made to possess something.
Back to top Go down
hhhat09
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
hhhat09

life elemental Empty
PostSubject: Re: life elemental   life elemental Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Reincarnation and Necromancy in general is not possible on Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

life elemental Empty
PostSubject: Re: life elemental   life elemental Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

life elemental
Page 1 of 1