Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living forever

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tfahey2
Tasty morsel

Living forever Empty
PostSubject: Living forever   Living forever Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 pm

I was sitting here thinking about this. I may be wrong tried to look up my facts but I have jetlag out my face. Had a 13 hour flight from Tokyo to Minnesota today.

So, Felarya has properties in the soil that cause cuts, injuries to heal, depending on the severity, overnight. No sickness, and living until you die due to not aging from the soil.

If this is true then most people in cities like Nagev are over 160+ cause if they don't leave they don't die. I could see people longing for adventure and leaving. But if you just stayed there you don't grow in appearance past age 25? How come the population, mostly smart, overran the city to overflowing?

I was also curious on this view. Somebody talked about how humans would go to war with giant nagas, harpies, etc. That giant eye thing that zap everything like a giant death star. Why not build more of them, put them on tanks, or build a fence of them and take over half the continent?

Anyway these were just some thought bunnies I had. Not sure if they have been covered at all.

-T
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Living forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living forever   Living forever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 9:59 am

Well there's more to death than just being eaten by predators, accidents still can happen, I would suspect magical mishaps are quite common with those that are testing new spells and postions. There' also constructional building accidents. Cursed objects can be accidently brought into the city leading to fatal consequances. Murders still can happen too. Negav is still a fairly dangerous place with criminal gangs, rouge mages, terrorists and all sorts of human related conflict.

I would suspect that most of the people that are well over a hundred years old would be the rich who live in luxary in the more secure areas of the city, but they are of course an elite minority. Everyone else's lifespans woulden't be as great and would depend what their jobs involve. So while the population is high, it shoulden't be overflowing and out of control.

As for expansion, the Magiocrats don't want a war with Felarya if they can avoid it, the order of the world (The gurdians) doesn't take kindly to invasion and you really don't want to fight those guys. The gurdians tolerate the city as long as it's not a major threat, so it's a good idea not to become one
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Living forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living forever   Living forever Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 5:28 pm

Quote :
No sickness, and living until you die due to not aging from the soil.

This is a misunderstanding. You do age in Felarya just not past a certain point. Otherwise how could children born there ever grow up? You'd have a major problem. As for no sickness...There is sickness in Felarya when last I looked. There's a thread that addresses these things in more detail but I can't remember were. I think it's "Overthinking Felaryan Topics" or something.

Quote :
Well there's more to death than just being eaten by predators, accidents still can happen, I would suspect magical mishaps are quite common with those that are testing new spells and postions.

XD Yes! More people need to think along these lines. Just because your in Negav it does not mean you're 100% safe from accidents, especially in magical society that's only loosely in control of it's own government and even then it's not all that focused on protecting it's citizens in the first place.

Quote :
As for expansion, the Magiocrats don't want a war with Felarya if they can avoid it, the order of the world (The gurdians) doesn't take kindly to invasion and you really don't want to fight those guys.

That and their was an attempt to build another Isolon Eye but it doesn't work just anywhere. They tried to make on at the Ascalin mines to increase the area of protection for further expansion of the city and safer trade routes but it's not worked so far. Even the mini Eye that the Nekos have in Nekomura requires charging every now and then so you can't go with a bunch of little ones too. Not to mention the political reason for why there's no other city with Negav's Isolon Eye or something like it, outside of the protection device at Ur-Sagol, is because as long as Negav is the only 100% protected place from preds people will flock there and that increases their revenue and influence in the land.

Quote :
That giant eye thing that zap everything like a giant death star.

Nooo that's not how it works. ^_^; I'm almost certain Karbo said this previously, but the Isolon Eye creates a field of discomfort not a laser blast or anything so dramatic. The device at Ur-Sagol zaps stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Living forever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living forever   Living forever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living forever
Page 1 of 1