Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Evergreen Dryads

Go down 
+8
nksrocks
Karbo
GREGOLE
Pendragon
The Rev
Spykeofkonoha
gwadahunter2222
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 8:47 am

I noticed that there's an entry in the wiki for a variety of dryads that reside in the colder regions of Felarya and would like to suggest another species for that environment.

A Dryad with the properties of an Evergreen tree would fit right in; just imagine a really tall dryad with a thick trunk and waves of pine needles for hair.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:15 am

You mean a kind of catus dryad Question
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 9:24 am

That's not quite what I had in mind, although I agree that a cactus dryad would be an interesting species.

I was actually talking about evergreens; pines, spruces, that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Spykeofkonoha
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Spykeofkonoha

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:23 am

Indeed, I can see what you mean. Hmm... cactus Dryad would actually be for a more semi arid to a desert area than a colder region.
Back to top Go down
http://Spykeofkonoha.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 10:46 am

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:
That's not quite what I had in mind, although I agree that a cactus dryad would be an interesting species.

I was actually talking about evergreens; pines, spruces, that sort of thing.

I never see a dryad is a type of tree in particular and their coloration depend more of her environnment.
Explain more you point of view please, it's confuse for me.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:23 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I never see a dryad is a type of tree in particular and their coloration depend more of her environnment.

Well, think about it; Bramble dryads are designed with thorn bushes in mind, Swamp dryads have properties of vines and other marsh plants, Shadow dryads are bioluminescent, every creature is designed specifically for the environment that it lives in. Therefore, it stands to reason that a dryad in the colder regions would have the properties of a tree that can photosynthesize year-round. And besides, their coloration could be based on that of a blue spruce.
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:40 pm

That would be an interesting idea, especially the part about the cactuses. Sorry, cacti Suspect
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 pm

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:
gwadahunter2222 wrote:

Well, think about it; Bramble dryads are designed with thorn bushes in mind, Swamp dryads have properties of vines and other marsh plants, Shadow dryads are bioluminescent, every creature is designed specifically for the environment that it lives in. Therefore, it stands to reason that a dryad in the colder regions would have the properties of a tree that can photosynthesize year-round. And besides, their coloration could be based on that of a blue spruce.
Maybe but there is already a subspecie of Dryad which live in the cold place as frost peak.
I understand a bit more, but is it really important this ability in the end Question
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Actually, I enjoy the ideas of these Dryads. The Pine needles or hair would be an incredibe thing to see.

After all, variety makes Felarya all the more tasty.

Too bad their can't be any types of seaweed Dryads, since there are certain trees which are underwater (but I think they go by different names.)

Anyway, what about the idea of a mangrove dryad? Her roots would spread across the rivers and swamps, and she would be glistening with water on a daily basis.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Pendragon wrote:

Anyway, what about the idea of a mangrove dryad? Her roots would spread across the rivers and swamps, and she would be glistening with water on a daily basis.
Why not it's very interesting as Idea Very Happy
but for the swamps there is already swamps dryads maybe you add this particularity to them
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 6:55 pm

Quote :
Too bad their can't be any types of seaweed Dryads,

Who says?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 2:23 am

I think these are really interesting design idea ( I especially loved the mangrove one ^_^ )
But it's mostly aesthetic... to make really a new species of dryad, I think they need some sort of particularities to them ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 7:07 am

Karbo wrote:
I think these are really interesting design idea ( I especially loved the mangrove one ^_^ )
But it's mostly aesthetic... to make really a new species of dryad, I think they need some sort of particularities to them ^^

Hmm.... sounds interesting. What exactly did you have in mind? What would classify it as a new species?

Perhaps dryads with natural camouflage on their skin. (you'll never see it coming)
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 9:47 am

Pendragon wrote:

Hmm.... sounds interesting. What exactly did you have in mind? What would classify it as a new species?

Perhaps dryads with natural camouflage on their skin. (you'll never see it coming)

dryads are already master of camouflage, their skin color changes in function of the place they were Razz
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 10:43 am

A good idea for a new race of dryads... mmmh...

the human part could come out from giant flowers... with more flowers coming out from a single body, quite like hidranagas.

A multi-dryad!
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:00 pm

nksrocks wrote:

the human part could come out from giant flowers... with more flowers coming out from a single body, quite like hidranagas.

A multi-dryad!

you mean a Hydryad?
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
nksrocks

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 12:18 pm

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:
nksrocks wrote:

A multi-dryad!

you mean a Hydryad?

yeah, somekind of... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Xeno-the-Hedgehog
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Xeno-the-Hedgehog

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 5:27 pm

I think I would call something like that...Audrey.
Back to top Go down
melancholy-melody13
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
melancholy-melody13

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:19 pm

Xeno-the-Hedgehog wrote:
I noticed that there's an entry in the wiki for a variety of dryads that reside in the colder regions of Felarya and would like to suggest another species for that environment.

A Dryad with the properties of an Evergreen tree would fit right in; just imagine a really tall dryad with a thick trunk and waves of pine needles for hair.

I think this idea is really cool, I even drew a little sketch of a pine dryad, when I get to a scanner that doesn't hate me I'll put it up on DA
Back to top Go down
http://melancholy-melody.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2007 8:32 pm

Moonlight-pendent wrote:

I think this idea is really cool, I even drew a little sketch of a pine dryad, when I get to a scanner that doesn't hate me I'll put it up on DA

I'd love to see that. Pine dryads are quite intriguing.

Infact, I think I'll head onto DA right now and see if I can watch you.
Back to top Go down
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2007 3:18 am

Pine Dryad you say? Sounds delightfully sprinkly.
Back to top Go down
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:30 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me, I think it would look cool.
Back to top Go down
http://iakos.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:11 am

The people have spoken! Make it so *slams fist on table*
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 4:52 am

Mhh but then they could be snow dryads now that I think about it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Rythmear
Survivor
Survivor
Rythmear

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 5:48 pm

Snow is pretty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Evergreen Dryads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evergreen Dryads   Evergreen Dryads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Evergreen Dryads
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next