Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya Card Game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SenecaHyde
Naga food
SenecaHyde

Felarya Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Felarya Card Game   Felarya Card Game Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 9:41 pm

When I previously asked about merchandise possibilities, a few people commented that a card game would be cool. If you had to design a game, how would it work? Get creative!

I've got a few ideas, but I wont have the time to jot them down until next week. Basically, each player would have a deck for adventurers and a hand of preselected predator cards. On alternating turns, each player would try having the adventurers solve some kind of objective, and the other player would interfere with the predator cards. But as the game goes on, the predators get full and become less effective at stopping the objectives.
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

Felarya Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Card Game   Felarya Card Game Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 12:29 am

There are three types of cards:

-Prey cards: mostly common classes in RPG like warriors, rogues, wizards... there are also some Felaryan jobs, like Fairy Hunters... Prey cards can fight each other and against pred cards, but less effectively in latter case, except some special cases, like Fairy vs Fairy Hunter. There are cards of tiny folk too, which are immune to normal prey cards and giant-size pred cards. Only human-sized predator cards can defeat them.

-Predator cards: have big stat, but require player to "feed" your own prey cards to summon them. However, there are size-matter in feeding: you cannot feed prey cards that are too tiny to the preds, like feeding tomthumbs to giant naga. While the requirement are troublesome, pred cards can instant kill opponent's prey cards when attacking. Best way to deal with pred cards are using other pred cards and support cards

-Support cards: they do support stuffs, like protect a prey card from being eaten for a few turns, turning a giant-size pred to a human-size one so that human-size prey cards can deal with them.
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Felarya Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Card Game   Felarya Card Game Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 9:18 am

Hmm, Sounds a bit like the Huntik card game (Loved the show BTW) mixed with a little Yugioh and MTG.

If you want to persue it, check out the Huntik TCG. It was a card game where adventures went on quests and had to solve puzzles while being hunted by monsters and other adventures.
Back to top Go down
SenecaHyde
Naga food
SenecaHyde

Felarya Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Card Game   Felarya Card Game Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Sounds like fun. You wouldn't even really need separate card types for the predators/prey as long as you have some kind of indicators on the cards for what type it is and what it can eat.

Thoughts on win conditions? How do you end up winning the game?

I checked out Huntik, and looks like it could be worth a pickup, especially because the cards are really cheap now. It's always fun when you can get a few boxes of a card game for the same price as a board game.
Back to top Go down
Ilceren
Ilceren

Felarya Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Card Game   Felarya Card Game Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 10:41 pm

I would go for a card-and-board type of game, rather than a simple card battle Magic style. If you are humanoid, you win if you find a treasure and make it back to safety (your home village, Negav, or the portal of Ur-Sagol, maybe). If you are a giant, you win if you manage to eat all the humanoids in the board.

That makes it sound like a multiplayer game, though, but I'm sure we could think something to make it a two player game if needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felarya Card Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya Card Game   Felarya Card Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya Card Game
Page 1 of 1