Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ariformid Adaptations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Ariformid Adaptations Empty
PostSubject: Ariformid Adaptations   Ariformid Adaptations Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:30 pm

Looks like this part of the forum hasn't been touched in a while, but since we already have the herodonti, I thought some other ariformid varieties would be interesting. I'm not much of a writer, so my sentences might seem a bit "choppy".

Tidal Ariformids

Tidal ariformids are a variety of ariformid adapted to living in the Chanossa Mangrove. They're larger than other ariformids, usually reaching three inches tall in height with the queens getting up to twice that size. They dwell in the many cracks and crevasses just beneath the water's surface, and have dug out small chambers of oxygen where they rest and keep their young. Tidal ariformids are very good swimmers and experts at navigating the submerged tunnels of the trees they call home. They have developed fringed, paddle shaped legs to help them swim, and are able to go without breathing for an extended time.

Canopy Ariformids

As opposed to tidal ariformids who dwell in submerged nests, canopy ariformids live at the tops of Felaryan trees. They exhibit green and brown skin tones to help blend in with their surroundings, and lighter, flatter bodies to soften falls and even glide to other trees. Canopy ariformids build their nests out of leaves, which they thoroughly sew together. At dawn, squads of ariformids are sent out to collect food, such as seeds and fruit, to bring back to the hive. Because of their elevated lifestyle, most workers live their entire lives without ever touching the ground.

Desert Ariformids

This variety of ariformid is found in the Akaptor Desert. They look similar to other ariformids, but have much longer legs. Their long legs elevate their bodies above the scorching sands, so that they can forage for food without getting baked. Another interesting ability they have is to keep track of their steps. With the lack of landmarks in the desert they call home, desert ariformids keep track of the amount of steps it takes to reach the nest, which also helps to keep them from wandering too far into the past.

Tidal ariformids are inspired by intertidal ants. Canopy ariformids are inspired by gliding ants and weaver ants. Desert ariformids are inspired by Sahara desert ants and Sahara silver ants.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: Ariformid Adaptations   Ariformid Adaptations Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Water-Nebula wrote:
I'm not much of a writer, so my sentences might seem a bit "choppy".  

Yeah you aren't a veyr good writer. Very Mad ............ cheers  You are a great writer! Seriously I love everyone of these and yay for new tiny blood added to the mix with a species I don't see get much attention really. o.o Even from me and I love all tinies just about. Very awesome! I might have to make some OCs using these sub races as a base now. Keep up the good work, Water!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ariformid Adaptations   Ariformid Adaptations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 1:05 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Water-Nebula wrote:
I'm not much of a writer, so my sentences might seem a bit "choppy".  

Yeah you aren't a veyr good writer. Very Mad ............ cheers  You are a great writer! Seriously I love everyone of these and yay for new tiny blood added to the mix with a species I don't see get much attention really. o.o Even from me and I love all tinies just about. Very awesome! I might have to make some OCs using these sub races as a base now. Keep up the good work, Water!

Thanks so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Ariformid Adaptations   Ariformid Adaptations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:09 am

Adding subspecies to what I would call a minor race is kind of unexpected, to be honest. Nice work on doing that. There's a lot of other areas that could always use attention as well. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ariformid Adaptations   Ariformid Adaptations Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 12:34 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Adding subspecies to what I would call a minor race is kind of unexpected, to be honest. Nice work on doing that. There's a lot of other areas that could always use attention as well. Smile

I like to think of them as more similar to the naga types than subspecies. And thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ariformid Adaptations   Ariformid Adaptations Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ariformid Adaptations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Felarya :: Idea forums :: Change suggestions-
Jump to: