Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Silly Questions

Go down 
+4
Ffoulkes
DarkOne
Lockheed X-17
Archmage_Bael
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 4:15 pm

So I'm figuring I'll give this a try.

Its not really a game or anything, but I want to open this thread for any possibly really silly scenarios or questions you can think of for characters, concepts, or anything in between. Say, for example, you wanted to know what it would be like if Dridders could learn Jiujitsu or something, and thought it could make for an interesting discussion. Post it here.

On that note, I wonder how it would be like if Dridders really did learn Jiujitsu. I don't doubt their lack of martial arts, which would be fascinating for a creature with so many legs to use, since they're a warrior culture. Do they just relate everything in the world to their fighting techniques? Like, if you have a serious Dridder character, and she trains all the time, but is bad with people. She tries to flirt, but since she has no idea how to interact with people, so she flourishes her weapon at people, and wonders why they constantly run from her. XD
Back to top Go down
Lockheed X-17
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Lockheed X-17

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm

What if the Imperium of Man found out Felarya? Probably will turn very grimdark in moments...
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 11:33 am

Lockheed X-17 wrote:
What if the Imperium of Man found out Felarya? Probably will turn very grimdark in moments...

Why would you WANT them to find felarya is another question?
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Survivor
Survivor
DarkOne

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 12:31 pm

how much nagging can a Giant-Naga nag?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 8:51 pm

DarkOne wrote:

This one made me laugh. XD

I imagine Crisis nagging Anna now to use one of her toys LOL
Back to top Go down
Ffoulkes
Naga food

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 9:14 am

It's rather easy to just sit back and delve into ideas, even without much remaining interest.

How do Felarya's children of predators play? What variance exists between the children of 'wild' / asocial predators and the ones that are eusocial or social? For example, would the children of Gerridis have dart and music competitions? Maybe even water racing to some degree, though that feels more like a teenager / adult sport. Maybe not for a Razias though given their state of being. How often do Dridder children wind up untangling themselves from the webbing tricks of their siblings?

Species delineation is another area that offers multiple ideas. Can a mermaid choke? For example, if fluid goes down the breathing tube - is this a problem for them? Obviously constricting or blocking the passage would be, like with solid food, but would a liquid present a problem? And another one of those pesky reality scenarios - if you're a denizen of Felarya that's about to be eaten by a predator why not make for the trachea instead of the esophagus? Since it's difficult to move around with the slickness and muscle, one would instead work with these disadvantages to eject themselves from their foe. One might hope for parachutes though, given how violent coughing can be. Maybe there's a group of daredevils who, like FOOD, intentionally attempt to agitate predators so that they can get ejected with a coughing fit and fly like a harpy above Felarya on cloth wings? Or maybe they just use Rock Harpies, 'cause you know, living vacuum cleaners.

Could an Achigate create a moving city? We have the giant turtles, but they're not that friendly or really sapient for that matter. Sentient, sure, sapient? Eh I doubt it. Achigates are both friendly and sapient and more importantly herbivores. If the shell were truly giant, could you build upon it? Could you build INTO it without hurting the Achigate? If so you'd have one heck of a platform to live on. Safety would be relatively well assured and the entirety of a thriving community could exist there. We have the 'joke' already of a pirate-ship mermaid, but there were always other examples waiting in the wings.

And this is just from brainstorming while pausing over this thread. As above, I'm not maintaining much of an active interest these days, but there is plenty of material to go with for those that remain. Like most things Felaryan, Felarya suffers from a lack of imagination with it's own treasured ideals.
Back to top Go down
Mr. I
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
Mr. I

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Didn't Karbo say he was going to put out a free tome if he hit a certain Patreon goal?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 2:16 pm

DarkOne wrote:

That is pretty funny if you don't pronounce it Nah-Gah. =P

Hmm alright I'll play along why not? I wonder what would happen if Demecrhelle had been a Light Elemental instead of a Darkness Elemental. <.< Still evil though!
Back to top Go down
dragon808tr
Survivor
Survivor

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 4:28 pm

What would Happen if a well known pred (or a lot of preds) were overcome with guilt and went Vegan or Vegetarian?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:22 pm

Mr. I wrote:
Didn't Karbo say he was going to put out a free tome if he hit a certain Patreon goal?

That's a good question, and I'm not sure.

Also, Demechrelle being a light elemental would have been blinding. XD I mean, okay that's a good one! haha, does anyone have speculations on this? lol.
Back to top Go down
Sovsan
Tasty morsel

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 7:25 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:

Because some of us want to see Xenos being purged

Also, what if a Suggsverse character decides to take a vacation in Felarya?
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2020 10:45 pm

Sovsan wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

This is necroposting, I mean almost anything is at this point considering the community moved from here, but non-the-less when you do a necropost you make the community look at you with less respect. Please look at how recent a topic is. A year old should be the absolute limit and even then try not to do it more than once per month.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2020 11:11 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Sovsan wrote:
Archmage_Bael wrote:

This is necroposting, I mean almost anything is at this point considering the community moved from here, but non-the-less when you do a necropost you make the community look at you with less respect. Please look at how recent a topic is. A year old should be the absolute limit and even then try not to do it more than once per month.

I still post ideas from time to time, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silly Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly Questions   Silly Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silly Questions
Page 1 of 1