Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do Negavians View Independence

Go down 
+2
jedi-explorer
opt4bootay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
opt4bootay
Helpless prey
opt4bootay

How do Negavians View Independence  Empty
PostSubject: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Today is the Fourth. Most Americans celebrate this by lunching explosives into the air and detonating them. A phenomenon I find very vexing as to it's origin and now I am curious how Negavians view it in your opinion.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 pm

Well the people of Negav now, and pretty much have for the majority of their lives, lived in a Totalitarian Government. A pretty benign one from the human perspective so I'm not sure they would have much of a concept of 'independence' let alone a holiday on it. Looking in the wiki on the Calendar article this day would be...

Da Wiki wrote:

Tatal, derived from the goddess Thatalia. The original name is "Tali-Thataliae", meaning "Thatalia's exultation". A time for being bold and daring, pushing forward toward the goal ahead or victory. Many wars were declared during Tatal by elves.

So as you can see the elves have had a few skirmishes in their past and may have a day for it but humans likely not and don't get me started on demi humans. They likely would think you quite cruel for trying to implying there was a day when oppression was ended.
Back to top Go down
ozymindas
Helpless prey
ozymindas

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 10:40 pm

It's true Negav's people have been oppressed so long they see it as normal but it's not true they all feel that way I think. Especially because Negav's population is made up of many different people from across a multiverse or muliverses. :study: In a universe where there are shadow earths, other worldly planes and things 'beyond knowing' that can end up in Felarya and Negav, especially since it's a one stop shop for refugees and treasure hunters, you have to concede that they not only have a concept of independence but prehaps ones beyond even what your little mind thought was bloody well possible.

Ofcourse that being said those who look humanoid are usually the ones who do the most influencing in Negav. They likely do enjoy the status quo of Lesona's ban on demi-humans taking up permanent residence in the city. So I will say that if there is an Independence Day it is in fact, like Dave posited, a neko or Inu holiday.
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 12:53 am

ozymindas wrote:
It's true Negav's people have been oppressed so long they see it as normal but it's not true they all feel that way I think. Especially because Negav's population is made up of many different people from across a multiverse or muliverses. study In a universe where there are shadow earths, other worldly planes and things 'beyond knowing' that can end up in Felarya and Negav, especially since it's a one stop shop for refugees and treasure hunters, you have to concede that they not only have a concept of independence but prehaps ones beyond even what your little mind thought was bloody well possible.

Ofcourse that being said those who look humanoid are usually the ones who do the most influencing in Negav. They likely do enjoy the status quo of Lesona's ban on demi-humans taking up permanent residence in the city. So I will say that if there is an Independence Day it is in fact, like Dave posited, a neko or Inu holiday.

That is actually a point of view I've seldom seen before in this forum. o.O It is a good point that to say "Negav believes" doesn't always work because Negav is mostly made of many parts of the multiverse which in turn means it's beliefs are multiversal as well. Though we can infer that Negavians probably don't value the SAME freedom I would say. To a Negavian the concept of freedom likely isn't seenin the form of govermental oppression but in fact is more predator based freedom. IE: Lesona is a jerk but because of Magiocrats like her there's an Isolon Fist and Eye to protect everyone. True that may be more of a human or elf view commonly BUT I think anyone who's survived the wilderness of Felarya and made it back to Negav is suddenly like "Freedom? Screw that! I want safety from the man eating wiafus of death and destruction! Long live Lady Lesona!"
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2019 6:26 am

For starters, as most Negavians know only Negav as far as governments go, independence would be a little of a foreign concept. Negav has faced dangers, but it has never been subordinate to any other government, despite Sineria's best attempts- and those are too far back in the past, too many catastrophes ago, to celebrate. If anything, it's the kittehs in Nekomura who might be getting odd ideas about independence.

Furthermore, Negav isn't as afraid of predators as you both seem to present it. The Great Destruction was because people completely lost track of the threats outside the walls in their frenzy to drop the government, so we know they do trade safety for liberty, even if accidentally. Heck, even before magiocrats gave them the evil eye, they used to beat off predators the old-fashioned way.

Da Wikis wrote:
They form a hardened and rather fatalistic people, practical and quite cynical. They frown upon wastefulness and will often try to take what is apparently broken or damaged and either repair it or turn it into something useful. They are not very easy to impress and difficult to cow. Wise magiocrats know their rules on Negav cannot be too tough and must remain bearable, unless they want to have their heads on a pike. Negavians have revolted many times in the past, and have gone trough many catastrophes but, like their city, they are still there.
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Ninja
Tasty morsel
Mysterious Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2020 2:10 am

Negavians sound impressively tough!
Back to top Go down
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 12:18 am

Mysterious Ninja wrote:

Most of those who choose to settle anywhere in Felarya and are bellow a certain size have to be tough XD
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 4:10 am

jedi-explorer wrote:
Mysterious Ninja wrote:

Most of those who choose to settle anywhere in Felarya and are bellow a certain size have to be tough XD

Or sneaky. That works too. Why fight when you can just run and hide XD The hard part would be hauling the loot back to Negav or Safe Harbor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do Negavians View Independence    How do Negavians View Independence  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do Negavians View Independence
Page 1 of 1