Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Fairy Hunters

Go down 
+3
gabpistolero
Ponyboyace
Bug Boobz
7 posters

You must be eaten by one. Choose.
Subeta
So Fairy Hunters Vote_lcap60%So Fairy Hunters Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Melany
So Fairy Hunters Vote_lcap40%So Fairy Hunters Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Lucilya
So Fairy Hunters Vote_lcap0%So Fairy Hunters Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Bug Boobz
Tasty morsel
Bug Boobz

Location : Stomach of a slug girl digesting slowly and wonderfully.

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2019 11:06 pm

How you think they get the misguided idea that a small net will help them to capture Felarya's most dangerous predator? Also what good is it to capture a fairy I have to ask.
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/boe-weevil
Ponyboyace
Helpless prey
Ponyboyace

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:00 am

I doubt that any seasoned hunter would simply go out with a net to hunt a fairy.

As to capturing a fairy, this topic was discussed before:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t2256-how-to-stop-a-fairy?highlight=fairy+hunt

By capturing a fairy, humans and nekos can study them and learn of any weaknesses they have. That's a typical reason though; it's really up to the writer as to why someone would capture one.

Anime-Junkie brought up a very solid point in that topic I posted though. It is much easier to simply kill a fairy than to try and capture it, which I'm sure nearly all fairy hunters are more interested in doing.
Back to top Go down
gabpistolero
Tasty morsel

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 7:03 am

Thank you very much, I had no idea that you had already discussed this topic in the forum.
In any case, I always believed that fairies were sold as slaves for a high price. But it makes perfect sense for me that killing a fairy it is much easier than capturing one, mainly for the safety of the fairy hunter.
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Fairy hunters are only safe when they are not hunting.

Fairies are worth more money if they are alive, and whole. Fairy hunters want to be paid more, so they have to catch fairies without killing them, and without breaking their wings. It is harder to catch a fairy than it is to kill it: hunting fairies with nets is more of a joke.
Back to top Go down
Bug Boobz
Tasty morsel
Bug Boobz

Location : Stomach of a slug girl digesting slowly and wonderfully.

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 am

Astounding! This whole time I never knew some of those methods existed and thought a butterfly net was a real way to hunt fairies! Thank you for opening my eyes everybody. I now see the perfect way to capture a fairy and can finally work on my fairy hunting OCs. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.deviantart.com/boe-weevil
jedi-explorer
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer
jedi-explorer

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 10:10 pm

Huh in all the fairy huting threads I saw int he day I don't remember this one. Some of this advise is still pretty useful, as much as the insane advice of madmen wanting to capture fairies i alive int he first place can be. XD
Back to top Go down
opt4bootay
Helpless prey
opt4bootay

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2019 4:41 pm

Ponyboyace wrote:
I doubt that any seasoned hunter would simply go out with a net to hunt a fairy.

As to capturing a fairy, this topic was discussed before:
https://felarya.forumotion.com/t2256-how-to-stop-a-fairy?highlight=fairy+hunt

By capturing a fairy, humans and nekos can study them and learn of any weaknesses they have. That's a typical reason though; it's really up to the writer as to why someone would capture one.

Anime-Junkie brought up a very solid point in that topic I posted though. It is much easier to simply kill a fairy than to try and capture it, which I'm sure nearly all fairy hunters are more interested in doing.

But is a dead faiy's value worth more than a live one? Minions are expendable and easily replaceable in a greed gripped world such as this, live fairies aren't.
Back to top Go down
Gamma
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Gamma

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2019 6:34 pm

Stabs wrote:
Fairies are worth more money if they are alive, and whole. Fairy hunters want to be paid more, so they have to catch fairies without killing them, and without breaking their wings. It is harder to catch a fairy than it is to kill it: hunting fairies with nets is more of a joke.
(Emphasis mine)
I'm not sure a live fairy is worth the trouble; trying to keep one even in a jar is a fragile proposition at best. I think Stabs has the main part here: fairy wings are worth their weight in...quite possibly ascarlin. Getting them off the fairy intact, however, is anything but easy, and I think for the full wings, you'd need to capture the fairy alive and relatively unharmed. It's an unfortunate fact that the best ways of dealing with a fairy generally involve targeting those same wings; both the fairy duster shotgun and Vishmital oven guns are better at shredding wings than hurting the rest of the fairy. I'm not aware of any other parts of the fairy that would be worth much money. Say what you will about the butterfly nets, but at least those are designed specifically for capturing fragile-winged creatures without damaging them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So Fairy Hunters Empty
PostSubject: Re: So Fairy Hunters   So Fairy Hunters Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Fairy Hunters
Page 1 of 1