Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halfbreed types?

Go down 
+10
Malis
Ironkitty
Goldclaw
ericnthered123
Malahite
Shady Knight
observer88
TheQuantumMechanic
S-Guy
Feign
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Feign
Marauder of the deep jungle
Feign

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:42 pm

While it's well known that humans will screw anything too small to eat them and that has two legs, it's less well known just what kind of half humans are out there...

From what I've seen so far, there are definitely half elves, half-elementals, and half fey, and it makes sense for half nekos, half succubi and maybe half angels to exist...

What possibilities are there for other mixed types? Half nagas? Half Centaurs? Half Harpies? And what kind of humans would be so kinky (and lucky?) to produce such beings?

Oh, wait, Harpies do that kind of thing all the time. Razz And no, those humans aren't lucky at all.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Well, maybe some expanding in the neko area could be necessary, as in different breeds of nekos. Sure, we already have different tribes, but suppose we could have a bunch of different breeds of nekos on top of that? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 12:59 pm

I always figured that tribe and breed were pretty interchangable. (it's pretty much the same way with humans even in the real world.)

Note: I've been up all night studying for a final exam today.
Back to top Go down
S-Guy
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
S-Guy

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:10 pm

Feign wrote:
I always figured that tribe and breed were pretty interchangable. (it's pretty much the same way with humans even in the real world.)

Yeah, I would love to see some interesting breeds of nekos, maybe based off cats in the real world, or maybe not. Dunno, I'll think about it. Most likely staring at my cats' color patterns for several hours.

Feign wrote:

Good luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Feign wrote:
While it's well known that humans will screw anything too small to eat them and that has two legs, it's less well known just what kind of half humans are out there...

Fantasy novels and games are full of human hybrids that can easily be adapted for a Felarya species. Smile

Feign wrote:
From what I've seen so far, there are definitely half elves, half-elementals, and half fey, and it makes sense for half nekos, half succubi and maybe half angels to exist...

Are there half-elemental/half-humans? I had an idea for a human/elemental hybrid, but they're not exactly a crossbreed. ^^ It's difficult to explain, still working on a write-up for them. Razz

Feign wrote:
What possibilities are there for other mixed types? Half nagas?

Maybe a Yuan-Ti sort of species? Snakelike, but with a fully humanoid form.

Feign wrote:
Half Centaurs?

This is somewhat more difficult to visualize, since Centaurs are already half-human in form. Generally, taking the "halfbreed of a chimeric race" idea too far is going to yield creatures which should have less of a resemblance to either parent race.

Feign wrote:
Half Harpies? And what kind of humans would be so kinky (and lucky?) to produce such beings?

Oh, wait, Harpies do that kind of thing all the time. Razz And no, those humans aren't lucky at all.

Again, the possibilities are there, but getting carried away with this would be a bad thing. In my opinion, it would be better to come up with new, original races, rather than continually developing halfbreeds of every chimeric race Felarya currently has.

... But that's just my opinion. Smile

Feign wrote:

It's a bit more complex than that. Basically, there's two loose meanings of "tribe"; the true meaning refers to a social grouping that hasn't developed into a state. In this sense, a tribe can consist of people from different species/races/families. But a tribe can also refer to a clan or lineage, since many "true" tribes are organized by familial lines or kinship anyways. ... That's the short version, anyhow. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Feign
Feign

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:37 pm

S-Guy wrote:
Feign wrote:

Yeah, I would love to see some interesting breeds of nekos, maybe based off cats in the real world, or maybe not. Dunno, I'll think about it. Most likely staring at my cats' color patterns for several hours.
I'm more of a dog-person, really. Razz
S-Guy wrote:
Feign wrote:

Good luck! Very Happy
Thanks!

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
Are there half-elemental/half-humans? I had an idea for a human/elemental hybrid, but they're not exactly a crossbreed. ^^ It's difficult to explain, still working on a write-up for them. Razz
Hmm, I could have sworn there were elemental-humans in a story before, but now I can't put my finger on where... Neutral

I had a rumor of this a while back in the rumors thread... I was curious if I should try to make them cannon

Feign wrote:
Half Harpies? And what kind of humans would be so kinky (and lucky?) to produce such beings?

Again, the possibilities are there, but getting carried away with this would be a bad thing. In my opinion, it would be better to come up with new, original races, rather than continually developing halfbreeds of every chimeric race Felarya currently has.

... But that's just my opinion. Smile
The part about harpies was kind of a joke, as it's cannon that harpies abduct and mate with males of other species. The offspring is always full-blooded harpy.

It's a bit more complex than that. Basically, there's two loose meanings of "tribe"; the true meaning refers to a social grouping that hasn't developed into a state. In this sense, a tribe can consist of people from different species/races/families. But a tribe can also refer to a clan or lineage, since many "true" tribes are organized by familial lines or kinship anyways. ... That's the short version, anyhow. Smile
... I suppose the word I'm looking for in the real world is race more than tribe. As you put it, a tribe can include many different people, but race amongst humans or breed amongst animals is only based on physical characteristics.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Feign wrote:
I had a rumor of this a while back in the rumors thread... I was curious if I should try to make them cannon

Go for it! Very Happy It would be interesting to see what kind of culture beings like that would develop on Felarya, and how they view Humans and Nagas. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
observer88
observer88

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 2:55 pm

Feign wrote:
Hmm, I could have sworn there were elemental-humans in a story before, but now I can't put my finger on where...
I think Sean Okotami's character was a warrior with various elemental forms.

Feign wrote:
The part about harpies was kind of a joke, as it's cannon that harpies abduct and mate with males of other species. The offspring is always full-blooded harpy.
Selective heredity? I've just made up that term for the semihumanoid (read hybrid) species inhabiting the world I'm working on.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:12 pm

observer88 wrote:
Feign wrote:
Hmm, I could have sworn there were elemental-humans in a story before, but now I can't put my finger on where...
I think Sean Okotami's character was a warrior with various elemental forms.

Feign wrote:
Selective heredity? I've just made up that term for the semihumanoid (read hybrid) species inhabiting the world I'm working on.
It's not forms, different Elements, he doesn't change in appearance, only color. I changed "Form" for "Element" because of that confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
observer88
observer88

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 3:19 pm

OK.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:30 pm

While the concept of Half-Breeds IS interesting, odds are they'd either be sterile or an impossibility beyond genetics [in my opinion] due to the genetic issues. What's to say human sperm is any more effective with an angel's egg then a boar, or a Neko's egg to a faerie sperm then a wild cat?

If it were possible, however? The biggest problems would come from the actual process of fertilizing the other species. I mean, it's mind boggling to even try to think how a humanoid would mate with a Naga actually capable of producing offspring. Faeries can likely get around this, as can maybe a few of the other species known not to grow THAT big, but it'll still pose a problem for most relations...

Enzyte purchases?
Back to top Go down
Feign
Feign

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 10:35 pm

I figure that humans, nekos and elves at least are close enough genetically to reproduce.

It would be unlikely for a half elf or half neko to be fertile.

Fey don't care about such silly things as genetics. Razz Half fey may even have a pretty good chance at being fertile.

For nagas, I figured it's possible because they have enough human body to include the human-style reproductive organs, superficially, at least. The thing in my mind that makes half-nagas unlikely is the unlikeliness of the two courting each other. Genetics are definitely too different to produce fertile offspring.

As for centaurs... Well, there are people into that sort of thing... I would think they fall into the same category as nagas for unlikelihood...

Dridders are a solid no.

Elementals, I suppose are a no as well, unless there is crazy magic involved.

NOTE: I'm obviously thinking of members of the species that are of similar scale... Vivian isn't going to get preggy from playing with her food. Surprised Do consider though that there are occasionally giant humans and more often giant species of elves.
Back to top Go down
ericnthered123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ericnthered123

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Well considering where they are (Felarya).
I suppose anything is possible.
Back to top Go down
http://ericnthered123.deviantart.com
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:30 pm

what about Dragon half breed? they exist in Felarya but don't appear in many stories ither
Back to top Go down
http://daren-blackfang.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:35 pm

Goldclaw wrote:
what about Dragon half breed? they exist in Felarya but don't appear in many stories ither
See my above post. There's still the issue of infertility and someone sleeping with the other. While I guess it's true Dragons have it easier due to human forms, most of the time they're used just to fit in with humans so as to make whatever it is they're doing easier.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:41 pm

AH! but the way i see it is that some dragon breeds can mate with humans*I.E. Claire and me(this is only fictional so dont get all uffy about it) me and claire "can" produce off spring of human dragon half breeds *shes an alagesain dragon* so we can have children and they do look like humans but with wings and a tail and even with small pointed fangs, but thats about all that would happen.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:52 pm

There's problems with it, but not knowing just how much one would get from each parent means I cannot comment on just what they'd look like. For all we know the Dragon halfbreed could be a human with a scale on their right cheek, they could be a Dragon with a tiny flesh patch under their left nostril, or anything in between.
Back to top Go down
Goldclaw
Survivor
Survivor
Goldclaw

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:59 pm

i understand that but since claire can turn into her human form and stay as a human for extremely long periods of time. but i still understand what your saying*p.s. in one of my new stories im writing will have mike(my character) met his children from his future and they are all half dragon but have small details on them, like short fangs, unnoticable curved nails, eye color is different along with eye shape, sense may be enhanced, slightly pointed ears, and so on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
Ironkitty
Tasty morsel
Ironkitty

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 10:58 pm

Hmmm. Well, if we're going to get technical and scientific about Felaryan critters, hardly any of them would end up working. A giant naga would kill all its prey and starve to death in a month, as the world is based around smaller creatures, and its body weight would probably crush its own organs, and it would have a mix of warm and cold blood, which is impossible and... Well, I could go on and on, but you get the point.

Human crosses with the more exotic species are an interesting idea, and it'd be interesting to see how people show traits from both parents. I can imagine a naga hybrid would have a tail, and maybe stubby legs too, and a half-Drider would brobably have two legs and some spider legs coming out the side. Seeing as most Harpies, nagas, centaurs, ect are made with their naughty bits roughly where a humans would be, I'd say that the actual process of making a hybrid wouldn't be too different from making a regular kid, except a few feathers/scales/bits of fur might get in the way. XP
Back to top Go down
Malis
Naga food
Malis

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:26 am

My naga, Malis, is a half-breed. :3 She's actually half naga, have dark elf.
Back to top Go down
http://xmalisx.deviantart.com/
Rade
Naga food
Rade

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 7:56 am

Malis wrote:

So that what you are Surprised Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rade.sheezyart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 8:23 am

Malis wrote:
So if she pisses Sineria / Lloth we might have a Naga/Dark Elf/Dridder?

That'd be an interesting mix up, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:54 pm

How about a Ipotane Question
(a crossbreed of a human and a horse)
Back to top Go down
zelda31
Roaming thug
Roaming thug

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 7:52 am

centaurs are basically half horse half human unless there's something I am missing
Back to top Go down
Irritus
Naga food
Irritus

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:21 pm

zelda31 wrote:
centaurs are basically half horse half human unless there's something I am missing

They are simmilar to centaurs in a way however instead of having four legs, it only has the rear two.... thats the only difference i can see in them Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halfbreed types? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halfbreed types?   Halfbreed types? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halfbreed types?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next