Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Light Elementals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:51 am

A rare race of Elementals. Light Elementals are elemental spirits who binded with ambient like, just like Dark Elementals binded with ambient darkness. They are about as rare as Dark Elementals, and no less dangerous. Two types of Light Elementals has been discovered so far: Solar Elementals, and Lunar Elementals. The former is born from sunlight, while the latter, from moonlight. Both are quite similar, except one is active only during the day, and the other during night. Their powers are similar, and both of their strength fluctuates depending on the phases of the sun and moon respectively. The sunnier outside, the stronger Solar Elementals become. The closer to full moons outside, the stronger Lunar Elementals become.

So this is my shot at Light Elementals. Moonlight counts as a type of light by the way. In my book at least. Ideas to help flesh them out is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 am

The sunlight and the moon light it's the type of light because the moon reflect the light of the sun. And Felarya there are different suns and moons so they are not affected really by the problem of sun or light or if it's the case their activity is unstable. A solar can be active a night because the moon reflects the light of the sun and Lunar can be active the day because the light of the sun is different from

Light can be considered as a positive energy, an opposite of the darkness which can be considered as a negative energy.

So a light elemental can be find in a kind of tenebra maze but make ok light by example.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:55 am

I hate the cliché Light = positive Dark = negative.

I just thought there would be two phases of Light Elementals, one at day and one at night.

And the phases of the moon, I thought the total moons that are present. For example, if there were two full moons, one half moons, and three crescent moons, the Lunar Elemental would be stronger than if there were four crescent moons, one half moon, and one full moon. Same goes for Solar.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:24 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
I hate the cliché Light = positive Dark = negative.

The Light/Dark positive/negative duality is only a cliche when used in spiritual terms. If "Dark" always means "Evil", and "Light" always means "Good", then yeah, it's a cliche. However, if you're talking purely about physical properties, then applying "positive" as a trait to Light and "negative" as a trait to Darkness makes sense.

In any closed dynamic system, energy flows from positive to negative, "higher" dimensions to "lower" dimensions. Thermally, heat flows into colder regions; electrically, molecules lacking electrons will pull them from molecules with a surplus number of electrons. I believe this is the kind of positive and negative gwadahunter meant, which is perfectly valid for applying to the concepts of Light and Darkness; ambient Darkness will absorb a lesser amount of Light, while being diminished by a greater amount of Light.

The only way to argue against calling Light positive energy in these terms, and Darkness negative energy in these terms; is if you say that these properties are not true. If they are, then Light is positive, and Darkness is negative, by simple virtue of what these things are.

Sean Okotami wrote:
I just thought there would be two phases of Light Elementals, one at day and one at night.

And the phases of the moon, I thought the total moons that are present. For example, if there were two full moons, one half moons, and three crescent moons, the Lunar Elemental would be stronger than if there were four crescent moons, one half moon, and one full moon. Same goes for Solar.

When dealing with light from different sources as a spiritual concept, it is totally possible to treat Sunlight and Moonlight as two seperate things for magical purposes. Heck, you can go even further and divide them into Sunlight, Starlight, and Moonlight; regardless of the fact that the Sun is a star. If you are emphasizing different properties of each, then they effectively become different "elements" for the purpose of magic.

I know of at least two fantasy stories/role playing games that had systems of magic based on different constellations; each constellation was a completely different and seperate source of magical power. In that effect, each was a different "element" for magical purposes. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:11 am

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:

In any closed dynamic system, energy flows from positive to negative, "higher" dimensions to "lower" dimensions. Thermally, heat flows into colder regions; electrically, molecules lacking electrons will pull them from molecules with a surplus number of electrons. I believe this is the kind of positive and negative gwadahunter meant, which is perfectly valid for applying to the concepts of Light and Darkness; ambient Darkness will absorb a lesser amount of Light, while being diminished by a greater amount of Light.

In this a kind of idea I see more or less the relation between darkness and light.
I just show they are the two opposite of a same force, like north pole and south pole in magnetism.
Or like the ying and the yang which symbolise all the necessary opposition:
light/shadow
North/south
positive/negative
right/wrong
mobile/immobile
fast/slow

You can not define shadow without talking about the light, to know something is right you need to know what is wrong

I'm not telling about the concept of good and evil which are more metaphysical terms and completely subjective.

As I said if you want to define a light elemental you'll need to define it in relation of a darkness elemental. If you try to take them separetely denying the fact they are physically linked.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:13 am

Well, I kind of envisioned Light Elementals to be opposite to Dark Elementals.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:54 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Well, I kind of envisioned Light Elementals to be opposite to Dark Elementals.

There you go. Functionally, they're opposite ends of the same scale. "Negative morality" and "Positive morality" don't need to have anything to do with it; but because they are in diametrical opposition, they have the same relationship as any other pair of opposites. Many of which gwadahunter listed.
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:05 pm

so do light and dark elementals blend in with different types of light then?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:51 am

I guess they would. I mean, they are made of light.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Light Elementals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Light Elementals   Light Elementals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Elementals
Page 1 of 1