Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Empty
PostSubject: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:48 pm

Well... that's kind of a pretentious title. Sad Going to have to do something about that later.

Anyways, this thread is basically to present some templates for Elementals that physically manifest (build themselves a body on Felarya). I'm going to be posting various ideas along the same lines as the ones I posted in the Nature Elemental thread. People are free to comment on these ideas, use them in their own stories (I don't mind), and/or post their own creations for feedback.

Some of these templates are "common" elementals that you might run into every day, some of them are a bit rarer and found only in certain places, and a few of them will be unique; as in, not really an elemental "subspecies", but a specific elemental character.

Since all of the ideas I posted over in the Nature Elemental thread were the "common" or "rare" type, I'll start this one off with a unique creature in the Pyrale Mountains...
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 pm

Ashlion

A sentient elemental being with an animalistic form, the Ashlion prowls the Pyrale Mountains. Although it is often spotted in the vicinity of Mont Vylkren, the creature has been known to roam about the entire region. This would indicate a wide range even for an entire species; however, the Ashlion is a unique being. Every time you encounter him, you are dealing with the same individual.

The name was given to him by explorers braving the Pyrale Mountains; whatever the spirit calls itself is unknown… it has simply answered to “The Ashlion” for so long, even other elementals address it in that manner. As the name suggests, the Ashlion is a massive Ash Elemental, that has manifested in a form that resembles a lion crafted from smoldering volcanic rock.

His size seems to vary greatly; every explorer that has encountered him and lived to tell about it claims that it is a different size. Some have said that the Ashlion is as tall as a mountain itself, while others insist he is only fifty feet at most. Still others who claim to have encountered the beast swear that it was twice the size of a fully grown human. Whatever the case, there are a few facts known about the Ashlion from those who have lived to tell the tale.

Most of the Ashlion’s body is made of hard volcanic rock; its eyes, teeth, and claws seem to be carved from obsidian. His entire body smolders with the heat of the volcanic region, and embers and motes of burning ash constantly drift from his tremendous mane and the bushy tip of his tail. His claws are keen enough and hardened enough to sheer through the armored plating of a main battle tank like a hot knive through butter, and for a creature of his size (according to the “It’s gigantic!” camp), it is remarkably agile. Tales claim he is capable of moving from one place to another in the blink of an eye, and supposedly so fast the human eye cannot follow him.

When the Ashlion shakes its mane violently, embers fall down around it in a shower of burning ash, flickering to life and becoming minor fire, ash, and laval elemental spirits. These minor spirits are non-sentient and seem to live only a short while before burning out, but they are capable of crafting small physical forms out of the surrounding terrain and causing havoc during a battle.

Especially dreaded is the Ashlion’s roar; when the beast bellows past its bared fangs, he spews forth a torrent of volcanic ash and embers, more than hot enough to sear the flesh from any mortal being. Breathing in even a tiny bit of the cloud can prove deadly, even to a being as large as a giant naga. Finally, the Ashlion seems to be able to come and go as he pleases, vanishing in an explosion of ash which slowly drifts to the ground… only to silently reappear somewhere else, sometimes on the opposite end of the Pyrale range.

The Ashlion is a somewhat enigmatic being; he is definitely an extremely powerful Elemental. Possibly an Elemental Lord, and perhaps one of the most powerful Elementals walking Felarya today. His form is heavily scarred with gouges and obvious signs of battle, including what appears to be an axe wound cleaving through his jewel-like left eye. Despite the fact that he is obviously powerful enough to repair his body, or reform a new one, he seems unconcerned about his physical state. Some veteran explorers believe that the Ashlion has had the same physical body for hundreds, or even thousands of years.

Those who have spoken to the elemental and lived agree that he is ancient; they describe his voice as being a deep rumble, containing enough force to rattle one’s very bones. They describe him as fierce, demanding, and merciless… but also say that he is very honorable, and will not break his word once it is given. He has wiped out entire camps, down to a single survivor, whom he let live for unknown reasons; yet, he has also walked right through the middle of settlements without so much as a glance in the direction of the inhabitants. It is known that he is prideful and never backs down from a battle; anyone who has the nerve to raise a weapon at him or attack him is destroyed with overwhelming force.

There is at least one account of the Ashlion appearing suddenly and rescuing an explorer from danger, but most agree that to be nothing more than a wishful rumor. According to the account, the Ashlion saved a rookie explorer from several marauding Fire Elementals. Once the Ash Elemental (easily) defeated them, he asked the rookie several questions, and then departed just as abruptly as he had arrived.

No one is quite sure what the two talked about; according to the rumor, the young woman refused to say a word about it to anyone. Still, rumor and speculation provide a great number of answers to fill in the blanks, from the blatantly ridiculous, to the truly frightening. In general, the Ashlion is assumed to be a sort of urban legend around the Pyrale Mountains, although those who claim to have encountered him swear that he actually exists.

Rumors regarding the Ashlion:

1) The Ashlion is an incredibly ancient and powerful Elemental Lord.

2) The Ashlion is huge; way bigger than the entire summit of Mont Vylkren!

3) Many of the gigantic clefts, fissures, and canyons in the region were created by the Ashlion’s claws. He’s enormous, seriously.

4) The Ashlion is no bigger than a large cougar, but he’s so fast he might as well teleport around. … Hey, maybe he does teleport around!

5) You guys are getting it all wrong! The Ashlion used to be the ruler of Mont Vylkren and the entire region until a few thousand years ago; King Trazix defeated him in single combat and became the new ruler. The Ashlion constantly roams the region trying to become stronger, so he can take back his throne.

6) The Ashlion regularly shows up at Mont Vylkren… and pretty much every other elemental and the Fire Succubi there stay the heck out of his way.

7) Whenever there’s an earthquake in the Pyrale Mountains, it’s being caused by King Trazix and the Ashlion fighting.

8 ) The Ashlion is King Trazix’s brother… or first-born son… or maybe even his cousin… or just this guy that he, y’know, knew.

9) The Ashlion is looking for something. If he asks you about it, lie! It could save your life!

10) I’m serious, man! If he finds it, we’re all better off dead. I’m telling you, dude!

11) The Ashlion has a soft spot for the ladies. Awwwww, yeeeeeeeeeeah.

12) I know what you’re thinking, but no, Virginia; The big kitty is not afraid of water.

13) The Ashlion only has one good eye; if you’ve got to fight him, come at his left side.

14) If the Ashlion asks you a question, be honest! He can tell when you’re lying, and he loves liars. In particular, he loves the taste of liars!

15) I’ve seen the Ashlion three times, and on two of them, he was accompanied by a little girl with dark hair. I wonder what it means…
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 2:16 am

I think it's a gret design Smile
Once again you prove you have a loot of imagination. I especially liked the idea of him shaking his mane to create minions ^_^
He just seemed a bit too powerful maybe ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 7:37 am

Karbo wrote:
I think it's a gret design Smile
Once again you prove you have a loot of imagination.

Thanks! Coming from you, that's a big compliment. lol!

Karbo wrote:
I especially liked the idea of him shaking his mane to create minions ^_^

Honestly, I have no idea where that came from; it just sort of worked itself into the final version, and I liked it so much I had to keep it. Very Happy

Karbo wrote:
He just seemed a bit too powerful maybe ^^;

I thought about that, too... but then I thought that it might be alright; he's supposed to be a very powerful, mysterious figure. He's sort of the roaming badass of the Pyrale Mountains, like a wandering samurai or something. There's also two things to consider, that I think put his power into perspective... Smile

The first is that The Ashlion is sort of an Urban Legend/Tall Tale; not everything that is "known" about him is true. Every time people recount stories in bars in Negav, they embellish it a little more and claim to have seen him do this or that, "with my own eyes, honest!". Laughing He's like the Felaryan equivalent of Paul Bunyon, or something. That's kind of what I was trying to capture with the rumors; there's so many wildly improbably tales about the Ashlion flying around that despite all of what people "know"... they don't really know anything.

It's just as possible that he's the size of a human, and a total pacifist; maybe he's even Felarya's Cowardly Lion (from The Wizard of Oz). Laughing On the other hand, that's not a safe assumption to make, because of all these anecdotal tales of him destroying anything in his path. One can never be sure with legendary figures until you actually meet them. Very Happy

The second thing is that even if we assume that everything in this post (the "legends" and rumors) is true in some form, and the Ashlion has all of these amazing powers (and maybe even more), AND actually was the ruler of Mont Vylkren at one point... how powerful must King Trazix be, if he was able to defeat the Ashlion in single combat? Very Happy King Trazix is "powerful yet peaceful"... but apparently still capable of kicking some ass when the situation calls for it.

I really tried to imply that the Ashlion is far from unbeatable, between his defeat at the hands of King Trazix, and the numerous battle scars he carries (with pride); some truly great warriors from all races have fought him and survived... they just don't go around boasting about it like the stupid rookies telling tall tales in taverns, because they don't really need to impress anyone. The fact that they "won" against such a powerful opponent is all the validation they need. Very Happy

I guess I sort of see the Ashlion as a carryover from before King Trazix's time; an ancient, proud warrior who was defeated by a young upstart. He currently roams around, claiming that he's trying to "become stronger" so that he can go take his throne back from the new king, but in the back of his mind, he knows that his time is done. All that's left is trying to relive old glories, and maybe find something new and interesting to occupy himself with during his "retirement". Laughing He's never actually going to overthrow King Trazix, and if he were totally honest with himself, he'd admit that King Trazix is doing a better job than he did. But that doesn't stop him from putting on a show about it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:36 am

May I post some idea about elementals in this thread to avoid to start another thread Question
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:10 am

TheQuantumMechanic wrote:
People are free to comment on these ideas, use them in their own stories (I don't mind), and/or post their own creations for feedback.

Very Happy

Just please try to keep the ideas focused along similar lines; they don't neccessarily have to be beast-like or humanoid in form, in fact if you come up with something that looks pretty wild, go for it.

But stay away from generic "living element" style elementals; rather than simply being a moving mass of water, a Water Elemental posted in this thread should have something that makes it visually and functionally distinct from other types of Water Elementals. Feel free to let your creativity flow. Very Happy

That's more or less the concept behind this thread. So, let the ideas fly! Laughing

Edit: If it's a general discussion about Elementals you want, then that purpose is best met by starting a seperate thread; this one is for specific ideas. Smile
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:34 pm

Ok here we go Very Happy

Myrna and Pazu

Pazu is gigantic and colossus Earth elemental he has an humanoid shape with a large open mouth where lava can't be seem, his eyes glowing and some flamme pop out his head. Although he an sinister look his size he is very peacefull. One his back many plants grows and some birds live on his head.

Pazu is a very slow creature he is moving slowing, and have no particuliar destination, this guy is a wandering ling rock. It happens it stop to take nap, sleeping the mouth open. Many days and many years may happen before he awake, he can be easily confuse as volcano with his open mouth.

Myrna is a lava elemental, she the complete opposite of Pazu. If Pazu is calm and peaceful, Myrna is chaotic and opportunist. The reason why Pazu as the mouth widely open and his sinister look is the fact Myrnal is living inside him. When a creature fall inside Pazu's mouth it's Myrna which swallowing and digest it. Pazu don't have the necessity to eat because Myrna eats for two.

The origin of this odd couple begins many millenias ago, Pazu was a very peaceful he lives to see the plants grows on his body and see the from feed from them. The situation change until a young lava Elemental erupt in front of him, it was Myrna. Myrna attack and devour everything she finds. The fact she is destroying many plants upset the earht elemental.

A brief battle happen between them, Myrna was stronger and destroy Pazu's body but Pazu was older and wiser. He know many things as the relation between Lava and Earth. Myrna body start to solidify and turn in rock the leftover of Pazu's body form a mass of earth with engulf Myrna's petrified body to form the Pazu we know now.

Pazu had sealed Myrna inside him at the price of shape and voice, he can not speak it's Myrna who speak for him. With the time both start to appreciate each other, and become inseparable Very Happy

What do you think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:46 am

I think this is really an excellent idea ! I love how it has a tale feel to it Razz
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:10 am

I like this as well, it is a pretty creative and interesting creature... creatures... organism. Very Happy

I like how they eventually got over their mutual dislike of one another, and now appreciate each other... it's good, since they're stuck together. Laughing

On a side note, if this idea is possible the way you describe it happening, it raises some very interesting possibilities about the ways elementals battle among themselves. Smile Definitely worth thinking about and exploring further. study

The symbiosis concept is interesting and well done; the only suggestion I can really make is adding a little more detail and fleshing the idea out a bit more... but you've got a very solid start. Smile

Personally, I would like to know more about each being's personality and history (even a little more is fine), both before they became joined, and how they have changed since then. Very Happy

Hmm... not really sure what else to suggest; this is a creative and well-done idea. Definitely the sort of thing that I was hoping for when I created this thread. cheers
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:23 am

I will try but I'm not sure how to describe it in english but I will try.

I have an idea about two odd couple of elemental lord very strange, and another about another Earth elemental.

I based many of my ideas from this link:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Elemental_Lord
http://www.wowwiki.com/Ragnaros
http://www.wowwiki.com/Therazane
http://www.wowwiki.com/Al%27Akir
http://www.wowwiki.com/Neptulon

You should read this story they are very interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:46 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I will try but I'm not sure how to describe it in english but I will try.

Go ahead and try; as always, if you want to run something by me, I am happy to help with it. Smile

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I have an idea about two odd couple of elemental lord very strange, and another about another Earth elemental.

Sounds intruiging... Can't wait to see what you come up with. Smile

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I based many of my ideas from this link:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Elemental_Lord
http://www.wowwiki.com/Ragnaros
http://www.wowwiki.com/Therazane
http://www.wowwiki.com/Al%27Akir
http://www.wowwiki.com/Neptulon

You should read this story they are very interesting Very Happy

I'm a huge WoWtard ;D, I already memorized much of the storyline, including those bits... which are mostly based off a mix of traditional tales and D&D style higher-class Elementals, with Blizzard's own spin. Laughing

WoW can be a pretty good resource, even if it's addictive like drugs. (Which is why I stopped playing; almost 9 months clean! Laughing ) Razz

Seriously, though; those entries do make a good guideline for "Noble" Elementals- the higher, more powerful categories of elementals, all the way up to Elemental Lords (which can range in power between being on par with Demigods... all the way to being Greater Gods in their home realm/territory). Smile

The Elementals most people (except the extremely misfortunate) encounter will never reach that level of power, though. High-class Elementals are typically unique characters and beings, rather than generic creatures. If a Fire Elemental is the equivalent of a tank or fighter jet for a Summoner, then an Elemental Lord of Fire is the equivalent of a several kiloton nuclear weapon; not the sort of thing you casually throw around, even if by some miracle you are powerful enough to do so.

Combined with the fact that they're typically ancient, highly intelligence inhuman sentient beings with their own goals and motivations... making the mistake of thinking that they serve you has been the downfall of many Summoners and Thaumaturgists. No
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 9:21 am

I don't want to make Felarya a WOW-like universe the games has many flaws in my opinions.

But I admit one quality about Blizzard, they know how to create an universe and make it very alive with many interesting characters, and unusual situation. I quote Diablo,Starcraft and warcraft each of them have a solid background.

Seriously, though; those entries do make a good guideline for "Noble" Elementals- the higher, more powerful categories of elementals, all the way up to Elemental Lords (which can range in power between being on par with Demigods... all the way to being Greater Gods in their home realm/territory).

The Elementals most people (except the extremely misfortunate) encounter will never reach that level of power, though. High-class Elementals are typically unique characters and beings, rather than generic creatures. If a Fire Elemental is the equivalent of a tank or fighter jet for a Summoner, then an Elemental Lord of Fire is the equivalent of a several kiloton nuclear weapon; not the sort of thing you casually throw around, even if by some miracle you are powerful enough to do so. Smile

Yeah, I agree with you if I quote the elementals lord it's because they are the one who has a stories. I don't want to make elemental lord= powerfull entites No

In that case they will become very classical and it's not that I want Sad

For me an elemental lord is a very old and wise among the other elementals, they are very respected or hate, they are not feel superior to the other but they fascinate many young elemental.

That's how see them Very Happy

Combined with the fact that they're typically ancient, highly intelligence inhuman sentient beings with their own goals and motivations... making the mistake of thinking that they serve you has been the downfall of many Summoners and Thaumaturgists. No

It can give interesting situations, but I think any normal elementals can do that Razz
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 3:43 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I don't want to make Felarya a WOW-like universe the games has many flaws in my opinions.

Not suggesting that, although RPGs do make excellent points of reference on several things. Smile

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
But I admit one quality about Blizzard, they know how to create an universe and make it very alive with many interesting characters, and unusual situation. I quote Diablo,Starcraft and warcraft each of them have a solid background.

This is true, they are pretty good at worldbuilding and creating things that have a unique flavor. One of my friends hopes to work for them someday. Smile

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you if I quote the elementals lord it's because they are the one who has a stories. I don't want to make elemental lord= powerfull entites No

In that case they will become very classical and it's not that I want Sad

*nod* This is true, although you can certainly have less powerful elementals who have stories and personalities. The only reason I started off with something as powerful as the Ashlion was because the concept had been sitting in the back of my mind for a while, and I wanted to do it before I forgot about it. Smile

Most of the creatures I create in this thread will definitely not be anywhere near that perceived level of power, even some of the unique ones. Very Happy Being extremely powerful is part of the Ashlion's concept; he's supposed to be something like a legend to mortals, and a heroic figure to elemental beings. If he was an encounter monster in Dungeons and Dragons, you would have to be epic level to even take him on if he was fighting seriously. Fortunately, as the rumors imply, he may not necessarily be that powerful, or if he is, he isn't that powerful all the time. Nobody really knows. Laughing

I've got a few more concepts that are close enough to finished that I'll be posting them soon, and one of them is a fairly low-power elemental who is also a unique character. She has it pretty rough, always getting summoned by stupid mortals who expect her to be able to do all this stuff she just isn't powerful enough to. No Laughing

Need to finish the writeups for a couple more Beholders first, though. ^^

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
For me an elemental lord is a very old and wise among the other elementals, they are very respected or hate, they are not feel superior to the other but they fascinate many young elemental.

That's how see them Very Happy

I have a pretty similar mental image of them. Very Happy It becomes very interesting, when you consider that elementals might not have a concept of time in the same way we do, so "age" could mean something very different to them. Smile What exactly that might be, I have no idea. scratch ^^

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
It can give interesting situations, but I think any normal elementals can do that Razz

Yes, but normal elementals might have a power level comparable to or less than the mage summoning them. Many elementals summoned by mages don't really have an option of breaking free through sheer power alone, unless the mage is really weak or too stupid to know how to use a proper binding/protection circle. Which sometimes happens, of course, but... No

An Elemental Lord, though? I don't care how many wizard levels you took, chances are you don't have the power on your own to bind or protect yourself from one on the physical plane... and just forget about doing so when you're in their domain. No It just isn't happening, Gandalf. Laughing
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Yes, but normal elementals might have a power level comparable to or less than the mage summoning them. Many elementals summoned by mages don't really have an option of breaking free through sheer power alone, unless the mage is really weak or too stupid to know how to use a proper binding/protection circle. Which sometimes happens, of course, but... No

An Elemental Lord, though? I don't care how many wizard levels you took, chances are you don't have the power on your own to bind or protect yourself from one on the physical plane... and just forget about doing so when you're in their domain. No It just isn't happening, Gandalf. Laughing
I think if the elemental is as intelligent as Menyssan I think she can turn the situation to her avantage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 4:42 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I think if the elemental is as intelligent as Menyssan I think she can turn the situation to her avantage Very Happy

Laughing The weaker elemental character I mentioned is somewhat like that, only not at Menyssan's level of genius. She's more "above-average" intelligence, and usually has to think her way out of the trouble she gets into rather than relying on sheer power. She's still a fairly "young" elemental, as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:01 pm

I think the difference about the elemental will be their personnalities than their power.
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 5:06 pm

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I think the difference about the elemental will be their personnalities than their power.

I think it's a bit more complex than that. It depends on the elemental, really...

... Oh. Razz

Okay, you win this one, gwadahunter. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:26 am

I think the Myrna and Pazu idea could make a fine legend in the lore section ^_^
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:58 am

Karbo wrote:
I think the Myrna and Pazu idea could make a fine legend in the lore section ^_^
I imagine them more like that, they are not specially powerfull, but their story has always fascinate the other races Razz
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:15 am

Okay, sort of neglected this thread a bit; it was only because I've been busy with a lot of other things, not because I ran out of ideas! Laughing

Ninaril

Widely known among Elementals across the known universe as "The Unluckiest Elemental in Existence", Ninaril is a Ice Elemental of incredible power who is capable of granting any wish her summoner desires... or so the legends go. Unfortunately for her and the hapless mortals who summon her expecting awesome feats of magic, those legends are completely wrong.

You see, Ninaril is a fairly "young" Elemental in terms of power and experience, and is actually weaker than most mages who summon her! Unfortunately for her, she has met with a huge string of misfortunes, sort of like a snowball rolling down a hill becoming larger and larger along the way.

Ninaril typically takes a human-like form when she physically manifests, greatly resembling a nude human woman made entirely out of crystalline ice, with very long hair that falls down to her ankles and sways around her. Her size varies somewhat, but she typically manifests in a physical form that is around average height for a human female, a little more or a little less depending on the circumstances; however, once she has taken a physical form, she does not change her size at all. It is possible that she is incapable of it, unlike the average elemental; however, it seems to be a sore point with her, and she refuses to answer questions of that nature.

Ninaril is a bit... odd, for an Elemental; She seems to genuinely like humans, and does not seem to prey upon them at all, unlike the typical Elemental. She is fairly enamored of human society, literature, cultural trends, and unusual (to her!) objects that humans create or use; often times, she will create a physical body that includes such objects as glasses, a wristwatch, or items of clothing made out of ice (non-functonal, of course... they are only for appearance's sake). She is pretty friendly, during rare 'accidental' encounters with non-magical humans, and can even be pretty helpful, if you don't mind a constant deluge of questions regarding anything that catches her interest... which can sometimes verge on the inane.

However, magic-using humans are an exception; Ninaril loathes mages of all sorts, particularly those who summon her. Unfortunately, there often isn't much she can do to vent her displeasure, as from a magical standpoint, she is a very weak elemental. This means that it is pretty easy for mages to control her. However, she is very intelligent and clever, and often finds indirect ways to lead her "masters" to their doom.

According to rumors among her fellow Elementals, most of whom are amused to no end by the predicaments she finds herself in, Ninaril was a young and naive minor Ice Elemental with an strange obsession with humans. She eventually befriended a human mage, and after several adventures together, established a pact with him that allowed him to summon her at any time; although she was weak, she vowed to assist her friend to the best of her abilities any time she was summoned. Things went great at first, and Ninaril and her mage friend had several adventures together, with Ninaril's clever mind often providing unusual insight into perilious situations.

Unfortunately, being naive, she did not think out the terms of her pact very well; she had vowed to assist whoever summoned her to the best of her abilities, any time she was summoned. Eventually, her mage friend told his friends the secret of summoning his helpful friend, and they told their friends, and they told their friends...

After a mere century, and various mistranslations and exaggerations, it seemed as though the spell to summon Ninaril was known to every mage in Felarya or other worlds; now, she just can't get any rest at all! What makes it worse is that the idiot mage who betrayed her trust apparently didn't do a very good job of describing her to his friends, because now, people think she's some sort of genie or Elemental Lord or something! It is possible to find "5,000 year old ancient tablets" that were chiselled just a decade ago, describing in great detail how to summon "The Great Lady of Frost, Ninaril" to grant the desires of the summoner.

This has been both extremely embarrassing and extremely painful for Ninaril, despite some sympathy from other Elementals (most of them, however, think that it's funny as all hell!). She has been 'destroyed' more times than any other Elemental in the known Universe, as some of her "masters" made the mistake of thinking that it was okay to piss off beings like King Trazix or Crisis, and then summon "The Great Lady of Frost" to protect them... only to gape in (very short-lived) surprise as she was turned into powdered snow with a single shot!

Ninaril typically goes through more physical bodies in a single year than the average Elemental does in a century! As one might expect, this hasn't done her self-esteem or sense of charity towards others much good; while she gets along fine with the average human, she hates magic-users with a passion, and will try her hardest to ensure that any mage who summons her meets a horrible end. Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, Ninaril hasn't been destroyed for real yet... but it's probably only a matter of time. She does get a bit of sympathy from other Elementals she winds up having to face due to the power her "masters" exert over her, so they tend to take it easy on her... somewhat. "Taking it easy on Ninaril" pretty much means one-shotting her and destroying her physical form, leading to all sorts of hilarious "water cooler" stories being traded among Elementals.

In this sense, Ninaril has acheived an odd sort of fame; she's something of a minor celebrity among Elementals, rather than the mover and shaker the mortal mages think she is. This of course infuriates her to no end, but there's not a whole lot she can do about it; the knowledge on how to summon her is so widespread that it's impossible to destroy all copies of the spell.

Power-wise, Ninaril has the typical range of Elemental abilities, including immunity to her own element. She has never been witnessed merging with ice and increasing her size, but it is not known if this is a matter of personal choice, or she lacks the ability altogether. She does have the ability to slowly freeze objects that her 'hair' touches; this allows her to create more ice simply by spreading strands of her hair out and having the ends come into contact with water.

In addition, this freezing ability works on living things, but typically only at the surface level; Ninaril is capable of encasing someone in a layer of ice, which prevents them from moving, but it would take her several hours to be able to freeze even a small living organism solid. She is not much of a spell-caster; while she knows some minor magic, she is only capable of overwhelming novice mages- any magic-user with the slightest amount of real skill or experience is more powerful than she is.

Ninaril does have a very sharp mind, and excellent analytical abilities; she's capable of remaining calm even in a disasterous situation (she has been in them many, many times before!), and providing great advice or assessments of a situation, even while on fire, being melted, chopped apart, or crushed (again, it has happened many, many times before Sad ). Unfortunately, if she does not like you, she is often cynical and a smartass; and if you summoned her, she pretty much hates your guts and wishes you'd just die. More than just wishes, in fact- she'll do everything in her power to try and make that happen, before she gets blasted into ice cubes (which will happen, inevitably).

Ninaril quotes:

"I can't do that." Mad
"... Are you serious? You expect me to fight that?!" Sad
"Come on, do I look like a fething Genie to you?!" Very Mad
"Not in the face! Not in the fa- *sound of ice shattering*" sobsob
"Die in a fire." Very Mad
"Yeah, well... I have wishes, too." Rolling Eyes
"... Looks like they came true!" Evil laugh
"Hey, what's that thing? What does it do? That's neat!" Shocked "Can I see it? Tell me everything about it!" Very Happy

Here you go, the low-level Elemental character I promised. Ninaril is sort of a cross between Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and that person that everything just seems to go wrong for; no matter what happens, she just can't seem to catch a break. Laughing It's made her a bit jaded, but she hasn't become fully bitter and hateful yet... although it sure might seem that way if you're a mage. lol!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:33 pm

That's a very interesting bio ! she is really intriguing and with a solid and unique bakstory ^_^
Do you plan to write stories about her perhaps ? Razz
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Karbo wrote:
That's a very interesting bio ! she is really intriguing and with a solid and unique bakstory ^_^

Hehe, thank you. Laughing Ninaril is one of those concepts that just seemed to come together by itself, and by the time it was done, I loved what I had. Very Happy

Karbo wrote:
Do you plan to write stories about her perhaps ? Razz

You know, I haven't really decided yet. She seems like too interesting a character to let "go to waste", but I don't really have anything specific in mind for her. Sad

At the very least, I would like to write a short story describing how she came into her run of perpetual misfortune. ^^;

And she might wind up becoming a mascot character of sorts for me, and make minor appearances or get mentioned in various stories, but I haven't really decided yet. Smile

If I were to do something like an anthology series of short stories set in Felarya, Ninaril would probably be the main character/narrator, if only for the hilarious commentary. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:47 pm

This is two couple of elementals you need to think twice before to deal with them.

Kelard the flamme maker:

Male fire elemental.

Kelard is an old fire elemental who spend most of this time to study the different type of fire.
He is known to be hot-heated and explosive person when he is appear it's always by an explosion.
His laboratory is deep inside the Pyrale mountains where he devotes his life to study the different properties of the different type of fire. Kelard is first a researcher and his knowledge are well-appreciated by anyone who wants to knows and are enough crazy to deal with him. Kelard knows how to create any type of fire even the coldfire in coddition he has the materials. His favorite quote is "We can make fire with everything but this fire will never compete with the fire born from the life of itself." I think you will understand the raw material he uses is mostly the life of living being but it will greatly depend on the type and the power of the fire has to create. But all Kelard's creations have this little particularity the newborn fire is living,wild and untamed fires after all he has just turn a living being into fire. It's so dangerous it can burn its own master even if it's a fire-based creature. To control the newborn you need the help of Kelard's wife Anzu.

Anzu:

Female water elemental.

Anzu is an old water elemental, she's a calm and playful person a bit lazy sometime. It's difficult to know where she is. Anzu can be made of pure, become ice in the cold region or cloud of mist, but she has the shape of a woman with a curvaceous body. It's rumored her chest are so ample than Vivian loos flat next to her. It's the advantage to be made of water you suffer of backpain lol!
In general only Kelard knows where to find her, but since the moment you come to see her she will know it's Kelard who send you. Anzu hates everything involving his husband and his creations when she sees them she always wants to destroy them once for all. She has the power to do it, and it's the same power to control the Kelard's fire. As Kelard she will ask you some lives but not for the same reason, using her power makes her hungry and she is very voracious.

Umrod the Earthseeker:

Male Earth elemental.

Umrod is an old Earth elemental friend of Kelard, they both share the same passion for their respective elements. Umrod is more calm than Kelard and he is his own laboratory. He lives mostly underground and rarely go to the surface, his appearance is ver similar to an humoid mole due to his two long clawed-arm he uses to did the ground. His mouth is hidden under his long beard which looks like to roots, it's very difficult to understand what he says and in addition he speaks very slowly. So a simple deal with him can take many hour, days or years, the biggest deal someone did took one hundred years. Umrod dig the ground of Felarya in quest of different minerals,stones and the different earth. As Kelard he can create any type of minerals, stones or earths but in condition he has the material. His personal quote "If the earth feed you, it's normal you feed it in exchange." as Kelard he uses life as raw materials but as Kelard his creations have a little flaw, they turn in dust when they are brought to the surface. As Kelard you need the help of Umrod's wife.

Saeko:

Female Air elemental

Saeko is an old air elemental,contray to Anzu her body is more aerodynamic Laughing
Saeko is a very energetic and childhish person. She speaks very fasters and like changing the tone of voice, she can speak normaly before to suddenly shout and after mumur many people becomes deaf after to meet her.Contrary to Saeko she is very happy people comes to see about her husband, after all she is the one who knows where he is exactly and you need her help if you want to use his creations on the surface. Even if she look like physically developped as Anzu, she is more voracious than her and her rate at the highest. You need to pay her to know where is her husband, you need to pay to use her husband's creation on the surface.

What do you think Question
Back to top Go down
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 6:37 pm

I think they can be interesting, but need a bit more background development; we don't really know anything about where they come from, or why these two couples of opposing Elementals got together and 'married'. It also does sort of take some of their uniqueness away, having two sets of Elementals of opposing elements involved in relationships, too.

Maybe put more detail into them, as far as how they came to be involved with each other? You could even make one of the pairs siblings instead of a couple; maybe they were both identical 'twin' spirits, but each wound up manifesting as a different type of Elemental?

There's a few directions you could take with these characters to make them more distinct from one another. Smile

EDIT: Now, what do you think Question about the last creation I posted? Laughing
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 8:24 pm

The problem with me when I create a character I always a vague ideas about him or her and it's through the different stories I start to have an idea about them.

They are couple because before they become elemental. They know they are married, their actions are the remainder of their former life. The fact they are old, I prefer to not develop about their background and let people speculate about who they were before. Their past are a riddle for themselves, by example Kelard knows and Umrod knows many things about their respective elements if you ask them about their past they will just answer "Ask to my wife." because they were so focused about their research they forgot their past. It's the same case for Anzu and Saeko.

Their life as elementals are influenced by their former lifes were but with the time they have no idea about who they were before to be elementals. They know they have some link between each other

We know their present and future but we don't know their past, they are elder elementals so old they forget who they were before, I want to give them a nebulous past. I want to develop them more as historicals characters of Felarya.

Their existence are known by many race but few knows who they are really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium   Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quantum's Elemental Creature Compendium
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next