Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Manga do you read?

Go down 
+6
Feadraug
Malahite
The Nordic Ninja
Lynk
TheQuantumMechanic
Tankmasterxyz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tankmasterxyz
Marauder of the deep jungle
Tankmasterxyz

What Manga do you read? Empty
PostSubject: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:38 am

It's kind of obviouse that alot of people here read it so I was just wondering what some of your favorites are?

Ones that I read:
One Piece
Bleach
Deadman wonderland
Fairy Tale
Franken Fran
Highschool of the dead
Historys strongest disciple Kenichi
Hellsing
Hellsing the dawn
Immortal Regis
Jack Frost
Kurohime
Rosario+vampire
Rosario+vampire 2
Superior
Lives (has vore in it but it's hard vore)
Back to top Go down
http://tankmasterxyz.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:40 am

Tankmasterxyz wrote:
It's kind of obviouse that alot of people here read it so I was just wondering what some of your favorites are?

Waaaaaaay too many to list. Very Happy Although, I do read quite a few that you listed. Laughing I can read kana and an extremely small amount ( far less than I'd like Sad ) of kanjii, so I occasionally follow some manga, novels, and light novels that aren't very popular. Starting classes again soon, so I hope to start taking college-level Japanese courses. Smile

Tankmasterxyz wrote:

Ones that I read:
One Piece (Girlfriend loves this one, so I have to read it, but it's not really my thing)
Bleach (I like some of the characters, concepts, and tropes in this, story is kind of hit-and-miss for me. Smile )
Deadman wonderland (Brilliant! Very Happy )
Fairy Tale (Also very good; I'm not always a fan of Hiro Mashima's art- very similar to Torimaya's style, which I don't care for either- but the story is interesting!)
Franken Fran (Twisted and Brilliant! I love this! Very Happy )
Highschool of the dead (Pretty decent "survive the zombie horde" story; but it's the characters and moral/ethical issues that arise that really bring this one to life for me. Smile )
Historys strongest disciple Kenichi
Hellsing (I like some of the concepts and characterizations in Hellsing, but I stopped following it regularly.)
Hellsing the dawn (Same as above.)
Immortal Regis
Jack Frost
Kurohime
Rosario+vampire (Funny, "Cute Monster Girl" story set in a school for supernatural creatures. What's not to like? Very Happy )
Rosario+vampire 2 (See above; although both Rosario stories go over the top sometimes. ^^)
Superior
Lives (has vore in it but it's hard vore)

In addition, Liar Game, Lucu Lucu, Double Arts, and Sekirei are some favorites currently being scanlated that I follow. I have the feeling that you would like them, since we seem to have somewhat similiar tastes. Check them out! Smile

I also was following Mx0, which is fantastic. Unfortunately, the mangaka (Yasuhiro Kanu) ended all of his current projects abruptly in May. Sad Still, he brought it to a nice close at 99 chapters(!), in a way that allows him to easily continue the story in the future. Mx0 is something I just can not recommend highly enough; read it for a few chapters, and I'm almost certain you will enjoy it. Smile

Edit: Believe it or not, I don't really consider myself much of an anime or manga fan. Laughing Simply put, I enjoy a well-told story, regardless of the form it is in. Very Happy A lot of times, even if I don't really like a particular story overall, I will like certain parts of it or characters in it... so even things I don't like are sometimes well worth the effort. Smile

My policy is to watch at least two or three episodes of an anime or read two or three chapters or issues of a book, manga, or comic book before I make my mind up about it. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
Lynk
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:46 am

Not that many here... No real selections of mangas in Norway, and I HATE mangas and animes which are transelated into Norwegian... So, I read mine online...

Bleach
Hellsing
Hellsing: The Dawn
Fullmetal Alchemist

That being said, I do watch a lot of animes
Back to top Go down
Tankmasterxyz
Tankmasterxyz

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:49 am

Yea I read alot more then the ones that I listed those are just some of my favorites. Very Happy

I'll have to look at the ones you suggested. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tankmasterxyz.deviantart.com/
TheQuantumMechanic
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
TheQuantumMechanic

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Since you like Franken Fran, Deadman Wonderland, and Rosario + Vampire, I would recommend checking out Lucu Lucu first. It's a very easy, accessible story; Cute, Bizarre, Funny, and sometimes Disturbing. Laughing You'll like it.

This...

What Manga do you read? Lucu10

... Is Lucu, the cutest, quirkiest little Demon Princess you'll ever meet. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://the-quantum-mechanic.deviantart.com/
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:04 pm

I've only just recently really started getting into comics, manga, and anime so there isn't much to list but:

Yotsuba&! - Laughing
Azumanga Daioh
Warcraft: The Sunwell Trilogy

Though I'm hoping to check out Hellsing, Highschool of the Dead, and, after seeing the above post, Lucu Lucu. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Don't have the money to really 'read' many Manga's (And many don't interest me anyways), though I am interested in a few.

I want to get some copies of Bean Bandit, Berserk, Hellsing [This I have been able to read online, but not quite the same as a hand-held copy], and if I can I'll try out the nBSG Manga when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 5:15 pm

Currently reading? Hmm... I wish I had the time and the money and interest in new mangas currently, but for now the only one I'm reading is 20th Century Boys and I'm waiting to have the two issues of 21st Century Boys so that damn story ends. lol!

Anyway, I've been reading quite a lot of manga in my lifetime, since the typical Dragon Ball to something less common, like Phoenix by Osamu Tezuka.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:55 am

generally I start seeing a anime serie and when i finish all the episodes i continue the story with the mangas.
for the moment I'm reading:
-Bleach
and
-One piece (always when i hear one piece, it reminds me a very good AMV about it, maybe some of you know it, it's very well done
http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=Lluz2thNf1g )
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Just started reading Hellsing today. Pretty freakin' awesome.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:39 pm

The Nordic Ninja wrote:

If you dig through it, you can find most [if not all] of it on ATU-BOTI. You have to dig in the pictures section though and it gets annoying at times.
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:54 am

Malahite wrote:
The Nordic Ninja wrote:

If you dig through it, you can find most [if not all] of it on ATU-BOTI. You have to dig in the pictures section though and it gets annoying at times.

Thanks! Very Happy If I can just find Volume 2 on there I should be good. I think my library has the rest.
Back to top Go down
Raetsu Lord Pichu
Raetsu Lord Pichu

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:25 pm

-Keroro Gunsou (Sgt. Frog)
-Azumanga Daioh
-Rozen Maiden
-Shaman King
-Battle Vixens (Ikki Tousen)

I seriously need to find more BV Manga but the store that sells them are too far away so bleh on long distance travel. I don't even know what's going on with Keroro Gunsou anymore being after I got the 13th Volume I haven't seen much of it since...
Back to top Go down
http://pimpdaddypichu.deviantart.com/
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 am

I don't read that much...Though I do read Trigun, Hellsing, and Rangarok.
Back to top Go down
ericnthered123
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
ericnthered123

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 12:12 pm

There are to many to count. Very Happy

But my top five would have to be.
1.Negima
2. School Rumble
3.Pastel
4. Eiken
5.Kanokon

By the way did anyone else start off by just watching a single anime and it snowball into a big mess of reading mangas and wathcing hunderes of animes?
Back to top Go down
http://ericnthered123.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Manga do you read?   What Manga do you read? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Manga do you read?
Page 1 of 1