Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Megalodon's tooth (retake)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Empty
PostSubject: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 pm

The 60-foot-long Meg swam through the water, searching for food. It's nostrils smelt the faint trail of blood above it, and senses disturbances in concentric layers: the rapid rise of th humpback whale's pulse. The electrical disturbances of it's prey's swimming muscles, the scent of it's fight or flight amino acid secretions. It sees the dying whale a hundred yards in front of it, dives down deep, and circles its prey below. Rushing upward toward the whale, the Megalodon pumps its tail faster. Then, it opens its mouth and its upper jaw jutting forward and away from the skull. Just as it is about to bite its prey, a flash of light blinds it, and it veers to the right.

Confused, it swims slowly through its new surroundings which seem to be teeming with large objects that are possibly prey. It swims toward the closest disturbance in the water, rising its dorsal fin out of the ocean so that it's fin is now 6 feet out.
Back to top Go down
http://Michael-son-of-goku.deviantart.com
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Jetting just beneath the waves along the same trajectory was Y'lmeleh, a cecaelia of some sixty feet from head to base, her eight shorter tentacles and her longer and more powerful main pair, along with her pointed mantle, streaming behind her humanoid upper body. Though she lacked the "predator sense" common to many Felaryan predators, she could smell the strong odor of food in the water somewhere ahead, which would lead her to a great meal, she was sure of it.

Then she felt a notable disturbance- the vibrations caused by another large creature... Competition? With any luck, it would be a mermaid, she thought, her large eyes with their rectangular, sideways-slitting pupils seeming to grin along with the parting of her wide-stretching lips, glimpsing a smile of two sets of fused teeth reminiscent of a dulled beak. Changing course, she headed towards this new arrival to intercept them, peering with optical precision through the murk to see it... Coming directly towards her?
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:05 pm

The Meg saw it's possible new food source, and swam quickly toward it, and once close enough, opened it's mouth while its upper jaw jutted forward toward one of the creature's tentacles.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Y'lmeleh was surprised at the fish's ferocity and its quite large maw- with little time to react, she quickly combined two chemical compounds in her mouth and mixed it with the surrounding water before spurting a huge, pitch-black cloud of ink ahead of her, momentarily blinding her opponent, she hoped. Simultaneously, her jets pushed herself backwards, away from the hungry maw, her trailing tentacles retracting the best she could. Her upper humanoid half was pushed in the opposite direction as her bulbous and more streamlined mantle provided her with more speed; her flexible neck bent back at an extreme angle to better see the cloud just behind, watching it intently.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 4:09 pm

Shaking its head violently in the ink,The Meg swam out of the murk and spotted the creature. A head-on attack was no good. Descending into the depths, it swam underneath the creature, then turned its nose toward the surface and pumped its pectoral fin hard as it charged from below.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Y'lmeleh readied for the massive shark's second strike, undulating her fins while jetting in an arc back towards her attacker, splaying her squid half's arms out wide, her two main tentacles lined with sharp spines swung out at the Meg. If they hit, then the suction cups on the tips would allow her to hold fast.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:10 pm

The Meg bit down on her lower half, shooting straight out of the water in a massive explosion of water. It managed to grab onto some of the creature's tentacles.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:35 pm

In that instant Y'lmeleh thrashed in the Meg's grip- there was not much one could do to make a cecaelia genuinely angry at you, but damaging one of their main tentacles was a surefire way to invoke their deepest ire.

The beast's momentum carried her out of the surface of the water, but as it held her limb, she was able to maneuver herself closer; as the two crashed back in the water, she grappled at the Meg in fury.

As the tentacle was then ripped off, her blue blood spilling into the open ocean, four of her tentacles now were wrapped around the top half of the shark's back, while four more around its belly, just behind the gills. Her one remaining main tentacle surrounded the shark's girth, embedding its row of spines into its flesh, holding fast by its suckered tip.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 5:43 pm

The Meg thrashed, letting it's natural tooth-like skin to help loosen the creature's grip. It barrel-rolled, leaped out of the water, anything to get this pest off of it. It then surfaced, hoping to get the creature to have lack of breathing ability.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:08 pm

In the Meg's thrashing throes, the cecaelia's multiple limbs held tight, even as the shark charged upwards, dragging her own massive bulk with it. On breaking the water's surface, she opened her mouth wide, easily rivaling the Meg's own jaw-stretching bite, just before sinking her beak-like rows of fused teeth into the shark's thick skin, clenching with pain and fury as her venom-saturated saliva entered the incision, a mild paralytic venom working its way into the shark's bloodstream. It was not as concentrated as a chlaena's, and would require more bites to cause the full intended effects.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm

The Meg spazzed out, and thrashed it's head once more. Something snapped it its head. Agh...got to...get control! It realized who it was...It was Michael, a teenaged boy who lived in a world full of magic and wondrous creatures, including prehistoric sea animals. Michael dove underwater again, and headed straight for the shore as the venom started to take effect. He decided to play dead, becoming limp.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:46 pm

She bit again, sending more paralytic venom into the shark, and expected she would have to make several more incisions when the thrashing stopped abruptly, its body becoming still. She knew that her venom wasn't strong enough to have such an effect. Rolling beneath the shark's body as it rolled belly-up, she adjusted the position of her tentacles, wrapping several pairs around the snout, keeping its serrated teeth locked inside while several more tentacles kept her steady on the shallower seabed here. Then the voracious taurian squid began to open her mouth, the skin stretching freakishly wide with ease. Unlike a chlaena, which could consume prey larger than itself, cecaelia's inner skeletal structure, what there was at least, kept prey to their own size or smaller. She was just beginning to slide her mouth over the shark's own maw and bite again so as to to administer yet another dose of paralytic venom to prevent the prey's struggling.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Wait....wait....NOW! Michael suddenly thrashed again, getting right-side up, and quickly got out of the creature's maw. It raced toward the shore, leaped out of the water, and while in mid-air, shape shifted into a 17-year-old boy with short dirty-blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, a blue jacket, black undershirt, brown pants, and dark brown boots. Arund his neck was a necklace with a Megalodon's tooth. Michael landed in the beach sand, still wet from the water, and looked back toward the water where he had just escaped the squid-like creature. He felt extremely weak from the toxins inside him. He keeled over, and vomitted into the sand.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:12 pm

The water churned as Y'lmeleh's tentacles groped after the suddenly very alive shark. In her experience, mere fish didn't feint a death. She gave chase until the shark disappeared from the water somehow. Lifting her head above the surface of the water, she beheld nothing but a human on the shore, her quarry seeming to have disappeared. She was hurt, tired, and still very hungry, and would settle for this.

Disappearing back beneath the waves for a moment, all was still. Then- tentacles crawled up onto land, hefting the cecaelia's massive form awkwardly onto the beach. Her body moved unnaturally, while her upper portion barely held itself upright, wobbling like jelly under the weight of gravity. Inside, her blue blood, much of which she had lost prior, was being pumped throughout her body with much effort by her four hearts, while still more colored the sand blue behind her. The bright sun drying out her skin, her blood loss, hunger, the weight of gravity and tiredness weren't immediately evident. However, she knew she needed to return to deep water very soon.

She continued to steadily crawl towards the human.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 pm

Michael watched in horror as she saw the creatre crawl toward him. He panted from exhaustion, and was too weak to move fast enough to get away from it. He weakly stood up, keeping his eyes fixed on the predator. His muscles suddenly had spasms as he fell to the floor once more from the venom, screaming in agony.
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 5:26 am

As Baras walked through the forest, he checked his gauntlet to see if it had plenty of manipulative energy, and glanced to see a human being chased (well, if you call it a chase) by a giant squid hybrid thingie, and knew that she was going to eat him. Not wanting the poor fellow to be eaten by her, he ran up to Y'lmeleh, yelling "WAAAAIIIIT!!"

He stopped for a moment to catch his breath before looking her in the eye, saying, "Listen, from what I can see, you've had a pretty rough day, and I'm sure you just want to get something to eat, but please...eat me instead of him. If you do, I promise that I'll give you as full of a stomach as I can, I'll heal those wounds of yours, and I'll do my best to heal your broken off tentacles."
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Michael looked up weakly at Baras, stunned at what he had just said to the creature. "N-no...please...don-agh!" He grabbed his sides in pain as he gritted hdi teeth and closed his eyes tightly. "Don't...do this....Antivenom...now!"
Back to top Go down
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
Clown Prince of Crime
The Joker

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:11 pm

Hearing the person beside him say he needed anti-venom, Baras replied, "I can do better than that." He then materialized a blue orb, which floated towards him, and absorbed itself inside him. The blue orb that Baras had materialized was actually nanotechnology made specifically for healing human ailments. As they entered Michael's body, the nanites immediately went to work, destroying the venom inside him, and repairing his destroyed tissue.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:33 pm

"Thanks." Mordal said as he stood up, glaring at the squid creature. "Now before you eat me, I wish for you to know that the monster you fought earlier was me." He said as he held up his necklace. What it was was a Megalodon...A prehistoric Great White shark, which is one of the most dangerous predators on my world. He held up his hands, and water formed around the,. "I am also a powerfull mage, swordsman, and marksman. I lost control over my Megalodon form, thus attacked you out of agressiveness and hunger." He washed Y'lmeleh with tons of wwater as blue glowing lines magically appeared all over his body. She was no longer drying out, and would stay that way for a while. He then healed her wounds, and her tentacles reformed. Michael then stopped, and the glowing lines faded away.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Y'lmeleh was just reaching out several tentacles to envelop the human when a shouting came from nearby. Turning her head, she looked down to see another human, this one addressing her. What an odd offer to sacrifice oneself for the other, she thought. Unfortunately, cecaelias have no real notion of a 'full stomach'.

She listened to the first human now, who proclaimed that he was in actuality the shark she had fought- and at this, her tentacles curled up in a constricting manner around him in rage- this was personal again. Just before she could grab him, though, a splash of water washed over her refreshingly, surprising her. Then, her lost main tentacle regenerated before her eyes, which she couldn't help but smile at. Her tentacle reformed, her anger abated, as cecaelia hold no grudge once an action has been taken back or otherwise been paid for.

Glimmering in the light, her chromatophores in her skin changed, from an angry red to a calmer blue. She looked at the two humans again- one that could become a huge creature like herself, another that could heal. Each could be a Valuable asset to her.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Michael smiled at Y'lmeleh, and bowed courteously. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Michael Leonus." He looked at Y'lmeleh as he stood straight again. "Can you speak English?"
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:35 pm

"I speak" she said, "My name is Y'lmeleh, and you look delicious. You looked tastier as a... Megalodon, though." she said with utmost frankness and honesty.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 4:38 pm

"Well to tell you the truth, I will happliy oblige to be eaten as long as I end up alive." Michael joked. "I apologize about earlier."
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Having no qualms with his willingness, she suddenly reached down and picked Michael up, beginning to Study him. She poked and prodded at him a few times, before tossing him into her mouth unceremoniously, where he landed behind her two solid rows of fused teeth. Her tongue sloshed his form around in her wet maw, savoring his taste, judging by a complex mix of several factors what his Value was to her.

Knowing the shark would be more filling than the human, she then spat him back out into her hand. "I will not eat you." she told him simply.
Back to top Go down
mikeimp
Hero
Hero
mikeimp

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:56 pm

As Michael was in her mouth, he remained calm. Soon h was spat back out. Once he heard Y'lmeleh's remark, he figured that she would rather eat him as a Megalodon. He decided that it would be best to become a Meg in emergencies or when she wasn't around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Megalodon's tooth (retake)   The Megalodon's tooth (retake) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Megalodon's tooth (retake)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next