Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire and Ice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

Fire and Ice Empty
PostSubject: Fire and Ice   Fire and Ice Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 pm

It was another day, as I stirred. My head stuck out from under the blanket as I started to blink away the sleep from my eyes. Finally streaching, I grabbed the little clock that was next to the bed, and looked at the little green lights. It read that it was almost late-morning, local. Crawling out, I went over to my little makeshift sink and began to splash some water on my face in order to wake me up. After checking the level of the reserve, I sighed and started to get dressed. Popping open the door, I noticed a slight chill in the air. "Well...this is unusual..." I said to myself, ducking back in to throw on something a little thicker then just the simple long t-shirt I had on, then slung on my spear and a small pack.

Heading out, I was busy munching on a kiwi-like fruit that was left in a basket for me by a Giant Naga friend of mine, Fiona while wondering what to do with the day when I thought I heard some male voices. Quickly downing the rest of the fruit, I went into the brush, and changed into my humanoid form. Taking a pair of pants and throwing them on, I unslung my spear and started to slowly head to the voices. Though a bush, I saw a large truck, and two armed men, sitting down and joking a bit. "Man...I cannot beleve we managed to find one.." "Yep. We're going to get a lotta money with her..." "Yeah...we would already be halfway to Nagiv if you had remembered to fill that stupid tank. Anyway, I gotta go take a leak. Be right back." And with that, he headed off take care of his business.

I waited a moment or two, tensing up while preparing my strike. As soon as I was sure that had a good shot, I struck. Bursting out, I smashed the guy in the head with the butt of my spear, making him drop agenst the side of the truck. Grabbing him and releaving him of the firearm, I flattened myself agenst the back of the truck, and waited for the other guy to show. While doing so, I noticed that the skin of the truck was oddly cold. "Hey, Larry.....Larry?" I heard, and spun around the edge and thrusted my spear out, catching him in the leg with the tip, and then slamming my elbow into his face. The blow wasn't lethal itself, but it was strong enough to put him out for a good long while. I started searching though their pockets for some kind of keys or something, when it struck me: The back was not locked down. Moving to the side as I pulled open the door, I glanced inside, and was struck in the face by a blast of cold air. "Hey! It's ok! It's safe!" I called out, then upon hearing no responce, I peeked back around, and was struck by what I saw. A pale, frost blue-haired girl with what looked like frost on her hair was bound to the wall.

"Hey, are you ok?" I asked, and she weakfully looked in my direction. "Hey, I'm coming in to help..." I said, getting into the back. I noticed that it was quite chilly as well in there, so I moved fairly quickly. I cut the rope bindings, and put an arm around her as I helped her out. "You're all right, you're safe. I delt with the guys that were holding you." I told her while gesturing to the knocked-out men. "And I can tell that you're not from around here...What's your name?" I asked her, while loading the guys into the cool back of the truck."Cheriess." she said after several seconds of silence. "...You're a flame-user, arn't you?" She said curiously, looking me over as I drove. "Flame-user? That's a new one....but I guess you could call me that...after all, I od use fire magic and skills....and my name's Flare, by the way. How could you tell?" "You give off a lot of heat...and to my people...heat is not good for us." She said, which kinda surpised me. "Why's that?" I asked, looking a bit surprised now myself. "I'm what others call a Yuki-onna...roughly translanted it means snow person." Cheriss said. "Ah...guess that kinda makes sense. I myself am a lamia. This isn't really my true apperance....which I'll show you after we drop off these idiots with a friend of mine who'd love to have them for lunch." I said with a slight chuckle.

About 30 minutes later, I came to a stop in a clearing. "Stay here Chariess." I said, hopping out. "..Ok..." She said, looking a bit worried. I moved over to the back and shifted to my serpentine form, glad to have my tail back, I went to the latch and unlocked it, then went back a bit. The door burst open, and one of the hunters I had captured rushed out, only to be met in the face with my tail. "Ohh no. We can't have you leave yet..." I said, coiling my tail around his leg and dragging him back to me. "Not before you met my friend, who'd love to have you for a bite to eat..." I said, wrapping myself around him. "HEY MASUMI! LUNCHTIME!" I yelled out, while the man in my coils suddonly had a look of sheer terror in his eyes. "The hunter of hunters....the demon..." He said quietly, while at the edge of the clearing, a shape was seen approaching. It soon revealed itself to be a giant Naga, with long, silky-looking purple hair, a strong frame and tail, and yellow and teal scales. "Hiiiii..." Masumi said with a smile. "Oooohh...You brought over lunch!" "Yeah...these bastards attacked a friend of mine. And I owed you a lunch anyway." I said, nodding, loosening my coils just as she reached down to pick him up. "I got one more in the truck...let me grab him." I said, while the guy started pleading, which quickly ended. "Hm. Seems I hit him harder then I thought...Guys still out." After I pulled him out, Masumi picked him up, a happy look on her face. "Well, I gotta get going." "So soon?" Masumi said, looking a little sad. "Yeah...I got someplace I gotta be soon. I'll talk with you later, ok?" I said, sliding up to the truck and opening the door. "ok...See you then.." she said, though any disappointment was soon forgotten as she coiled herself up for a nap, and me and Cheriess were soon on our way again.

Part one. Though it's currentally on a bit of a hiatus as I'm not quite sure what to do on Part 2. Looking at getting a cold place.
Back to top Go down
twilight539
Helpless prey
twilight539

Fire and Ice Empty
PostSubject: nice.   Fire and Ice Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Keep it on moving. I like where it's going so far!
Back to top Go down
http://www.nintendo.com
bigman27622
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
bigman27622

Fire and Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice   Fire and Ice Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:54 pm

excellent beginning i hope that the rest of the tale will be as good..... i am sure it will
Back to top Go down
Flare
Survivor
Survivor
Flare

Fire and Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice   Fire and Ice Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:20 am

Sorry to say this, but I won't be continuing this series anytime soon. I just can't do anything with it. I got a partial chapter up on my DA account, but to be honest I just can't do 3rd person perspective well.

I was thinking about doing a journal thing from Flare's perspective though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire and Ice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire and Ice   Fire and Ice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire and Ice
Page 1 of 1