Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<

Go down 
+7
vegeta002
Jætte_Troll
Malahite
/Fish/
Pendragon
gwadahunter2222
Nyaha
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Empty
PostSubject: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:05 pm

I first want to say that I haven't completed the total idea as it would be shown anywhere.

I also don't even know if anyone would even be interested in the idea. But wether you interested or not, I'm posting the complete bio of my idea tomorrow if I'm online.

Then again, I guess this post was kinda useless. Sorry...D:
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Name is Nyaha

Race: Neko / Imperfect Vampire
Red hair
Red tail/ear/hand fur
Black eyes
Black coat, Red t-shirt
Black pants
Black boots with Red leather covering around the mouth

Nyaha is a kind neko with a patient attitude who is always ready to help friends. He (yes, he) is also very energetic and constantly cheerful. His friendliness and likability make him very popular among certain Felarya predator groups, and his playfulness makes being around him usually a good time. He is best friends with the equally-energetic fairy Lily, who had once attacked him for his high life energy levels.

Past

Byaha was originally a normal neko, but a vampire snuck up on him and bit him. At the same time, a dimensional disturbance in the area allowed the vampire's 'change-people-into-vampires' ability to work. But before the vampire sucked out all Nyaha's blood, Nyaha reacted and delivered a hard kick, knocking the vampire out. As a result, Nyaha is only part vampire.

Abilities

The transformation to part-vampire resulted in increasing Nyaha's strength, but only in his lower body. This still allows him to throw incredible kick attacks and move faster than most nekos, being able to vanish from sight. Nyaha also gained enhanced magic abilities, allowing him to learn a type of magic which involves making 3-D objects out of shadows (taught by a vampire friend), as well as Size-Changing magic (learned from being with Lily and Temi's pack), which he mainly uses as a defense against would-be predators to nekos. He also knows a little Lightning magic, which he often uses to stop Lily from making dangerous rash actions.

Weaknesses

Being only part-vampire, Nyaha actually is not vulnerable to common vampire weaknesses like crosses and sunlight (he actually loves the sunlight). This is because he's still alive, unlike normal vampires who are 'undead'. This also means he can be hurt using more 'regular' things, meaning guns, blades, and things like that.

Diet

Like normal vampires, Nyaha bites others and sucks their blood and life energy. Unlike most vampires, Nyaha doesn't use any agression against his prey. He either sneaks up and bites them, or bites unwary humans who approach him. But Nyaha is nowhere near as ruthless as many Felaryan predators; just greet him with a simple 'Hi', and start a conversation with him (he loves to talk). Nyaha, being a neko, also loves fish, especially big ones. You can use fish, cookies, or even ice cream to satisfy his hunger. For being only part-vampire, he actually doesn't use his prey's life energy to sustain himself. Instead, he uses it as a powerful fuel for his magic, and can even use excess life energy to heal.

Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Tj_art11
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:42 pm

This thread should be in new ideas section not change suggestion.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Don't nitpick!

But am I really in the wrong place? O.o
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:38 pm

Well, this is technically a new idea. Which isn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:07 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
But am I really in the wrong place? O.o

Yes. If the thread was made for your own character, it would probably best go in Stories Discussion methinks.

Now, what I think of Nyaha:

You already know what I think of daywalking vampires who don't need human blood to survive, so I won't elaborate on that regard.

Quote :
Nyaha is a kind neko with a patient attitude who is always ready to help friends. He (yes, he) is also very energetic and constantly cheerful. His friendliness and likability make him very popular among certain Felarya predator groups, and his playfulness makes being around him usually a good time. He is best friends with the equally-energetic fairy Lily, who had once attacked him for his high life energy levels.

Popular among Felarya predator groups.

You mean the 'they smell neko and sense his high amount of magic, immediately turn to his location and attempt to eat him' kind of popular, right?

Quote :
Byaha was originally a normal neko, but a vampire snuck up on him and bit him. At the same time, a dimensional disturbance in the area allowed the vampire's 'change-people-into-vampires' ability to work. But before the vampire sucked out all Nyaha's blood, Nyaha reacted and delivered a hard kick, knocking the vampire out. As a result, Nyaha is only part vampire.

If I may quote the movie Antitrust: "You're either a one or a zero, alive or dead. There's no middle ground here."
Granted, I suppose your explanation stems from the issue of vampires and their non-mating practices. I can't really think of a better way to have a half-vampire character, but neither does that seem like a good idea to me in the first place. So far it seems like the only reason he is a vampire (no, half) is so he gets a power boost.

Quote :
The transformation to part-vampire resulted in increasing Nyaha's strength, but only in his lower body. This still allows him to throw incredible kick attacks and move faster than most nekos, being able to vanish from sight. Nyaha also gained enhanced magic abilities, allowing him to learn a type of magic which involves making 3-D objects out of shadows (taught by a vampire friend), as well as Size-Changing magic (learned from being with Lily and Temi's pack), which he mainly uses as a defense against would-be predators to nekos. He also knows a little Lightning magic, which he often uses to stop Lily from making dangerous rash actions.

Part vampire, only affected his lower body. Why not. He's a reverse partial paralysis victim, he gets Flash legs. The shadow magic seems interesting.

Fairy magic. Really? First I'll tell you that's unreasonable. He's half-vampire. Why does he need fairy magic? (Wait, I know. He uses it against predators. Because he is yet another character that gets complete immunity to Felarya's dangers for no reason other than you want an easy way to keep him completely out of danger.) Second, fairies know fairy magic because it is their nature to use it. I don't believe that the kind of size-changing magic that Felaryan fairies utilize can be taught to a non-fairy. You'd have to have fairy blood. So you could either tone down on the powers here or hey, just throw another species into the mix. That would be perfectly reasonable.

Quote :
Being only part-vampire, Nyaha actually is not vulnerable to common vampire weaknesses like crosses and sunlight (he actually loves the sunlight). This is because he's still alive, unlike normal vampires who are 'undead'. This also means he can be hurt using more 'regular' things, meaning guns, blades, and things like that.

Daywalking. Vampires. That seems to be every writer's favorite oxymoron these days.

Good, he's not invincible then.

Quote :
Like normal vampires, Nyaha bites others and sucks their blood and life energy. Unlike most vampires, Nyaha doesn't use any agression against his prey. He either sneaks up and bites them, or bites unwary humans who approach him. But Nyaha is nowhere near as ruthless as many Felaryan predators; just greet him with a simple 'Hi', and start a conversation with him (he loves to talk). Nyaha, being a neko, also loves fish, especially big ones. You can use fish, cookies, or even ice cream to satisfy his hunger. For being only part-vampire, he actually doesn't use his prey's life energy to sustain himself. Instead, he uses it as a powerful fuel for his magic, and can even use excess life energy to heal.

When I picture a neko/vampire, I see a vampire sneaking up in a catlike manner, pouncing, and then going for the jugular like a platter of milk. But that's just me.

I will add that that's a pretty good picture.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:42 pm

Fish, I must say, I really don't appreciate you picking apart my idea. If you don't like it, please just say so. I don't have time for people telling me every little thing that's wrong.

And thanks about the picture. ^.^

And on the popularity note, no, I mean he is liked for him, not for taste. ;3 But think what you will.

And thanks to whoever moved this thread. ^.^
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:55 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
Fish, I must say, I really don't appreciate you picking apart my idea. If you don't like it, please just say so. I don't have time for people telling me every little thing that's wrong.

Somebody can't handle criticism, or someone's opinion on something you designated a thread for on a discussions forum.

Quote :
And thanks about the picture. ^.^

You're welcome.

Quote :
And on the popularity note, no, I mean he is liked for him, not for taste. ;3 But think what you will.

I was hoping you'd get the hint that it's unlikely for anyone's character to easily go from food to friend with any predator, let alone a group of them, however high their charisma is. Take that as you will.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:59 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
I was hoping you'd get the hint that it's unlikely for anyone's character to easily go from food to friend with any predator, let alone a group of them, however high their charisma is. Take that as you will.
To be fair /Fish/, he may have been confused when he saw this happen in nearly every other roleplay / story starring a 'prey' species in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:07 pm

Yeah, that is a cliche. But sort of an almost unavoidable one if you want both pred and prey in your story. Usually the prey the preds choose to eat aren't peoples main characters. That would end character development rather quickly. Smile

More often than not, the prey does not make friends with the pred. We just don't hear about it as much as we don't care and the subject is dead.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:14 am

/Fish/ wrote:

Somebody can't handle criticism, or someone's opinion on something you designated a thread for on a discussions forum.

Nyu, I can handle criticism, I just dun have the physical patience for that much of it in one sitting. ^.^ Sorry. ;3
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:16 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:

More often than not, the prey does not make friends with the pred. We just don't hear about it as much as we don't care and the subject is dead.

*waves arms around chibi-style* Nyaha is not prey!!! >.<
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Nyu, anyone got any questions about Nyaha?

I also forgot he seems around to be young adult / teenage years, but his aging process is slowed down, but not completely stopped.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 12:55 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
*waves arms around chibi-style* Nyaha is not prey!!! >.<

Yes he is.

In a roleplay environment, probably not if you don't want him to be.

In REAL FELARYA no one gets immunity to the nature of the world.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 3:00 pm

No! I refuse to give in to seafood!

The chibi arms with defeat you!! >.< *tackles Fish while waving arms*
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 5:45 pm

If you're small enough to be put into a mouth on Felarya, you're prey. He may not always be considered prey...but simply due to size he's always technically prey.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:11 pm

Not always. ;D Remember? Nyaha knows size-changing magic basically from being around fairies so much. ^.^ Curious cats collect curious commodities.

The point of this idea is that there is no male character, as in findable on the Wiki, that can interact with the other characters on an above-food level except for Alvar. >.< There should be at least one contender with the generally silent and overly honest and serious Alvar, something along the lines of being Lily's best friend. >.< That's all. I suppose my character ideas not the very best, but It a thought.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:20 pm

The issue is you're working around the "Most Predators would see him as food" issue... by having him hang around Predators. To re-scenario what you're proposing: It's like trying to get a good mine detector, by running across a field laden with mines and stealing it from those on the other side.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:54 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
Not always. ;D Remember? Nyaha knows size-changing magic basically from being around fairies so much. ^.^ Curious cats collect curious commodities.

I just told you fairy magic doesn't work like that. Nyaha cannot know fairy size-changing magic. He's not a fairy. That's why he cannot. Neutral

And I still don't see a plausible reason for his predatory immunity.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:30 pm

Okay, Think about Lea for a sec. Y'know, Crisis' human friend. ;D Now do you catch my drift?
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:33 pm

FurryKurry wrote:
Okay, Think about Lea for a sec. Y'know, Crisis' human friend. ;D Now do you catch my drift?

That protect's Lea from Crisis' friends. No-one else.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:41 pm

!!! Hold on, I got it!! ^.^ Okay, Fish, scratch that Nyaha has size-chnaging magic, and so you know, you're right, Nyaha can't learn size-changing magic from fairies, 'cause it natural for fairies, so they couldn't teach it anyway. ^.^ However, hanging out with Lily and other fairies, they could change his size for him. ;D Oh, and about him hanging out with preds, that'd be through Lily. Lily attacks Nyaha for whatever reason, Nyaha basically be's himself and talks to her, and she ends up really liking him. Smile It all about Nyaha's social likability.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:46 pm

I don't think Fairies can make people grow, and that if they could they wouldn't. Reason for this being that any person a Fairy did make grow Giant, would be stuck as a giant permanently.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Fairies can alter people's size. Was it ever said that they are limited to making them smaller? That would be a kinda unusual limitation.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:36 pm

I'd say fairies would be able to grow people as long as it didn't overdo their shrinking limit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<   Lack of a more unique male predator! >.< Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lack of a more unique male predator! >.<
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next