Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya-specific chimeras

Go down 
+5
gwadahunter2222
Feadraug
/Fish/
Jætte_Troll
GREGOLE
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Felarya-specific chimeras Empty
PostSubject: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:54 pm

A thought occurs.

Felarya is full of alien animals, totally unlike anything we know.

So why are all the animal-people based on Earth creatures?

Is it not possible - neigh, probable, that Felarya could also be host to things like tonorion-taurs or kensha-people? Hell, who WOULDN'T think a Gorudan behemoth-chick was hot. XP

Now, I know, logically Felaryan chimerae would be derived from humans, so they would link up with creatures native to their environment. But the thing is, a lot of these creatures DO seem to be natural inhabitants of Felarya. Note how there are humans from all sorts of realities, and the animals there are all different.

It's an idea that I think is at least worth exploring.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Good idea, but a lot of the animals on Felarya are based off earth animals to some extent. A "Kensha-person" would probably manifest first as a Wolf Person. A Tonorion-taur is most likely to appear as a Centi-taur. However, you do bring the cool idea, maybe what you were getting at, from the title, of "Chimera" species - like the Gorudan which would be a turtle-frog-taur Very Happy. Some of those could be cool to explore into.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:05 pm

Actually, there has never been any indication that kenshas look even remotely like wolves, save the head, which was described as being jackal-like.

Their wiki entry says "Essentially enormous wolves" with no descriptive text. Ok, to me at least, that implies that they have an ecological niche analogous to wolves, not necessarily that they look like them.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:11 pm

Well, I'll consider that a vague statement and a seperate argument until an explorer returns with a good taxinomical description of a Kensha Best. Smile And who wants to make some Wolf-taurs? : D

I think as long as the Felaryan species is unique enough to not instantly start drawing comparisons to earth animals, this idea would work very well. Not to say these species wouldn't work well otherwise, though.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm

I hate you with all of my being for beating me to the punch on this one, since this has been an idea roiling inside my mind for quite some time.

Also, for putting the prospect of a kensha hybrid out there before I could use a kenshataur in a story. Go to hell. Very Mad

The basis of making hybridized Felaryan creatures presents the fact that Felaryan fauna often possess superior traits, powers and abilities to off-world creatures, that most Felaryan 'taurs are based off of.

A kenshataur would possess poison claws, for example, while a wolf-taur would obviously not.

Escalnai slug-girls would be cute, and harden like funky-looking lawn gnomes.

Muristaur could help tinies take the war to nekos on their scale.

Based on Shadow Fish, Shadow Mermaids are a cross between the Boogeyman and Jaws.

I think tonorion-taur is a pretty cool guy, eh hunts Felaryan fairies and doesn't afraid of anything.
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 3:55 pm

Thinking of the whole chimera makes me wonder: and how can they appear in Felarya? I mean, there has to be an origin for them or at least something vague so people can have a basis for thinking of 'logical' hybrids. Something like genetics or magic or the like.

I know many won't even care of how a chimera is created, but I just felt like asking it.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:41 pm

Why not this specific chimeras can be subspecies or characters which developed ability similar to some faunas in Felarya instead of new abilities which can be hard to balance. It can allow possibilities in creation of new characters Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:43 pm

Feadraug wrote:
Thinking of the whole chimera makes me wonder: and how can they appear in Felarya? I mean, there has to be an origin for them or at least something vague so people can have a basis for thinking of 'logical' hybrids. Something like genetics or magic or the like.

I know many won't even care of how a chimera is created, but I just felt like asking it.
my first thougt is, that they get created kinda like how anna turned into a naga.

what i mean is something like this: the moment a human person(most likely a human anyway) got in contact with a felaryan creature, some wierd time/space thingy would happen, and fuse the two together.....
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:34 am

But for that, some circumstances should met. It isn't like every human who mets a Felaryan pred or the like will become a chimera. Just imagine it... xD

That's why I ask it, because I think there can be some ways for a chimera to be created, not simply something that randomly happens.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:33 am

Feadraug wrote:
But for that, some circumstances should met. It isn't like every human who mets a Felaryan pred or the like will become a chimera. Just imagine it... xD

That's why I ask it, because I think there can be some ways for a chimera to be created, not simply something that randomly happens.

Transmutation like in a Full Metal Alchemist, or genetic manipulation, or a spell which goes wrong or self alterations. Or like in the manga Devilman humanoids who had the ability to fusion with other living forms. You have an infinities of possibilities Razz
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 am

Feadraug wrote:

well there is that dimensional guardian, that makes wierd things happen everytime she apears^^

on that note, i've been wondering if that's also the reason anna turned.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 am

Magic is one of the easiest (but most groan-inducing) ways to cause the change. Polymorph spell failed? Flaw in some spell component for an "Alter Self" spell? Teleporting while partially inside another being? Magic can be tied to all those.

Slightly less "Magic did it", though still magic-reliant are things such as experimentations by a Mage on other people to turn them into Chimeras (similar to D&D Broken Ones), a subset of the Traveler's Sickness I worked on earlier that causes only a partial change for each party, a curse that was cured but left a permanent 'mark' on the person, etc.
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:34 am

Reptillian wrote:

Doesn't Anna's wiki page mention that that guardin as a suspect?
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:56 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
Transmutation like in a Full Metal Alchemist, or genetic manipulation, or a spell which goes wrong or self alterations. Or like in the manga Devilman humanoids who had the ability to fusion with other living forms. You have an infinities of possibilities Razz

That's what I was looking and asking for: more than one possibility/explanation for a chimera 'to be born'. That could also make a chimera a bit more unique not only because of the kind of hybrid, but also because of the technique used.
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:24 am

It could be something similar to what Akahoshi Rezo did to Zelgadis in Slayers. Granting someone power, but tricking them and turning them into a combination of several creatures.
Back to top Go down
http://one---winged---angel.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:33 am

vegeta002 wrote:
Reptillian wrote:

Doesn't Anna's wiki page mention that that guardin as a suspect?
oh you mean this?

Felarya wiki wrote:
Anna Demorah is a special character. She was a human prey of the naga Crisis, but survived in her stomach because of a strange and extremely rare event (which may involve the chimera Notys, one of the Guardians). Basically Anna jumped back a few minutes in time and turned into a naga herself.
as it states: the guardian MAY have been involved in that. I have churned my head ever since i read it but that seems like the most likely situation. If you ask me anyhow.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:32 am

Feadraug wrote:
That's what I was looking and asking for: more than one possibility/explanation for a chimera 'to be born'. That could also make a chimera a bit more unique not only because of the kind of hybrid, but also because of the technique used.
I'm glad it could help Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felarya-specific chimeras   Felarya-specific chimeras Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya-specific chimeras
Page 1 of 1