Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felaryan Specific Weapons

Go down 
+17
dragonjaj
Asuroth
Jasconius
gwadahunter2222
tkh1304
Sehoolighan
Riverman
Malahite
Running Scared
alliance
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
CauldronBorn24
Jætte_Troll
VenomX3000
Pendragon
Archmage_Bael
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felaryan Specific Weapons Empty
PostSubject: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 pm

So diverting from the other thread involving why people use swords I'm going off of Silent_Eric's suggestion about making a topic for weapons unique to felarya.

Judging by the fact that the situation in felarya is FAR different than Earth's weapons would be quite different.

This thread is for anyone who has weaponry ideas. Some weapons would still be effective in Felarya, but take into account that most preds are incredibly massive, or incredibly fast.

Please, NO arguements on weapon rivalries, this is for the ideas for specific weapons, not about debating which weapon is better than another.

Last edited by Archmage_Bael on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:18 pm

Biodegradable tranquilizer needles.

Yes, there's no logic to them whatsoever, but they're the perfect defensive weapon. Shoot them at a predator or angry beast, then it knocks them out or at least slows them down, giving you time to leave. (note this tranq is enough to take down a bull elephant so it should at least slow down a naga) The needles then degrade and dissolve, so the predator doesn't have a nightmarish scar for life and thus go on one of those quests of vengeance that ends messily. It's mainly for the researchers who want to study Felarya without being gung ho about killing everything left and right. A certain character in one of my stories uses it and it works wonders in packs of kensha or nagas with large stomachs. Not everyone can use it successfully, but in the right hands, it gets results.

Spoiler:

Still working the kinks out when it comes to fully armored beasts. :/

If you're asking for realistic weapons, however, then I got nothing.
Back to top Go down
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Biodegradable tranquilizer needles.

Yes, there's no logic to them whatsoever, but they're the perfect defensive weapon. Shoot them at a predator or angry beast, then it knocks them out or at least slows them down, giving you time to leave. The needles then degrade and dissolve, so the predator doesn't have a nightmarish scar for life and thus go on one of those quests of vengeance that ends messily. It's mainly for the researchers who want to study Felarya without being gung ho about killing everything left and right. A certain character in one of my stories uses it and it works wonders in packs of kensha or nagas with large stomachs.

Still working the kinks out when it comes to fully armored beasts. :/

If you're asking for realistic weapons, however, then I got nothing.

starting a story myself involving a researcher, this would be a very useful tool. my only thing is that, usually when you see someone gettin a tranquilizer, its the size a basic syringe. now i havent seen what they use to bring down an elephant or anythin else large, but i was thinkin that to bring down these large predators, we would have to have a big ass needle and/or dart. whatever you wanna call it, I dont care. we gotta think of the dosage and what we can carry it around in. also, if i remember i may go back to Lost World: Jurassic Park to see what the hunter used to get the T-Rex. Though it wouldn't be accurate, its at least something to go off of.
Back to top Go down
http://venomx3000.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 pm

VenomX3000 wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
__

starting a story myself involving a researcher, this would be a very useful tool. my only thing is that, usually when you see someone gettin a tranquilizer, its the size a basic syringe. now i havent seen what they use to bring down an elephant or anythin else large, but i was thinkin that to bring down these large predators, we would have to have a big ass needle and/or dart. whatever you wanna call it, I dont care. we gotta think of the dosage and what we can carry it around in. also, if i remember i may go back to Lost World: Jurassic Park to see what the hunter used to get the T-Rex. Though it wouldn't be accurate, its at least something to go off of.

Well, think of it like the Needler weapon from Halo 2. It fires constant needles filled with this solution, so eventually the dosage would be large enough.

Of course, the only downside is that the needles would run out, and buying/making them isn't an easy task.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:07 am

One cross post, cuz I'm lazy.

The Vishmitali Pike

Named after the people it was developed by, the Vishmitali Pike is a close combat weapon designed specifically for the Felaryan Jungle. It's is based on "flip pikes" carried by many of the native tribes, especially nekos.

A flip pike is a long spear that is able to be folded in half. When unslung quickly from the back and put in front of you, the momentum causes the folded half to extend and then lock into place. This means it can be carried in a smaller form, but still used as a long spear when needed.

The Vishmitali Pike is an improvement on this design. Designed by the Vishmitals it appears to only be a smallish, average tube. However, by activating it, it can extends from both ends into a long, metal pike - sometimes as long as 20 feet, although smaller versions are more common. This pike is more durable then the wooden flip-pikes and is easier to "disarm", with a separate control. The pike ends are extremely sharp, serrated and nearly always coated in some sort of irritating poison.

These weapons have met with large success when used properly. Even a predator attacking a caravan armed with these will think twice when suddenly faced with a hedge of these. Their concealable nature also allows for surprise maneuvers - there are reports of soldiers who are picked up too fast to react activating their pikes inside the throats of predators, often to great discomfort on the part of the predator.

0-VM Hot Rifle

Another weapon used by the Vishmitals, the 0-VM is a modification of existing laser rifles. It is a short, portable rifle, more the size of a carbine. It fires a short very focused blast of microwaves. Although it does little impact damage, it burns very, very hot for a few seconds on impact. It is hot enough to give predators some serious, though small burns. The pain is usually enough that a whole troop using these could drive off a predator or enough that one good shot could cause a predator to yank back their hand. It also is pretty effective against fairy wings with their thin membranes. Soldiers jokingly refer to the gun as "Oven Guns" or "Stovetop Rifles".

Amazon Rifle

The Amazon Rifle is a bolt-action rifle made and distributed by the Amazon warrior cult, almost always with a built-in silencer. Instead of bullets, it fires a hollow syringe like projectile which has a powerful paralyzing agent. These weapons are usually used offensively from areas of cover. The poison works totally on most types of predators but can take awhile to act, thus running the risk of the predator escaping or finding it's attackers in the meantime. Still, when used with other weapons in a team it can be very effective.

Nekosian Blade

A style of one handed sword that is used mostly by native inhabitants, not necessarily only, but often, the scattered neko tribes. It is best described as a cross between a cutlass and a machete, being a short sword with a heavy, reinforced blade, perfect for cutting vines or any carnivorous plant wrapping around your ankle. The back sides of these blades are almost always serrated, a distinguishing feature of the weapon, allowing it to be used in a pinch as a saw.

Fairy Duster

This is a shotgun designed as a last ditch defense against fairies, though it's wide barrel makes it look more like a blunderbuss. Basically, it shoots out tons of small explosive fragments, which further detonate forwards while in mid air. It's not the most forceful gun but it has a wide arc of spray and creates tons and tons of shrapnel, the hope being that you manage to rip up a fairies wings. Against small fairies the idea is that there is too much shrapnel for them to dodge and against large fairies it's pretty hard to miss. You only really get one try at this as the fairies usually only get caught off guard by this once.

Psi'ol Dragon Gun

Though flamethrower effectiveness is controversial among adventurers, many groups swear by them. As well, they are undoubtably useful in certain situations, most noticeably when facing dryads. The problem here being the fact that one must carry a comparatively large tank of gasoline which will run out unless one brings backup tanks, which starts to become a burden. The Psi'ol Magiocrats created the Dragon Gun for use by the Isolon fist and the design has since become very popular. Instead of a gas tank, the gun is charged by a magical crystal on the actual gun, which has a large amount of power and will recharge itself simply by being out in the sun. The Dragon Gun, more commonly just called a "Negav Flamethrower" has thus become quite popular as of late.

Vishimtal V-EH5 Rocket Tube

The Rocket Tube is a smaller, simplified version of the larger Rocket Launchers that the Vishmitals would have used, in the past, to fight enemy armour of the like. The Rocket Tube is smaller, with a shorter range - however, it is easier to reload and fire, being designed for closer combat situations in the jungle. The most popular feature of the weapon is simply the variety of ammunition types available - armour piercing, explosive, flame rounds, gas rounds, shrapnel rounds - being such a simple model it's even fairly easy to make your own ammunition for it. Reliable, rugged and versatile, the more experienced adventurers tend to prefer the Rocket Tube over bigger, heavier and flashier sorts of explosive weapons.

Treerunner Axes

This style of axe is supposedly named after tree-dwelling elf tribes, who were the first to use it. Essentially, it is a well crafted hatchet, with a distinctive curved blade and with an ice-pick like protrusion opposite the blade. These are traditionally wielded in pairs by agile and skilled adventurers - reversed, they can be used to quickly scale trees and then have weapons available to deal with whatever is in the trees. They are a commonly traded item in Negav Markets.

Thoughts? I'm trying to think of more but tired. Specifically, sort of stuff to defend against other sorts of threats, like Kenshas and other bigger beasties...

Last edited by Jætte_Troll on Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:32 am

Pendragon wrote:
VenomX3000 wrote:
Pendragon wrote:
__

Well, think of it like the Needler weapon from Halo 2. It fires constant needles filled with this solution, so eventually the dosage would be large enough.

Of course, the only downside is that the needles would run out, and buying/making them isn't an easy task.

dammit son thats fuckin genius. i didnt even consider it could fire multiple shots. i just figured that since it was a researcher it would be better not to try and make too much noise like that. then again he dont have to be the one to use it and can hire someone to aid him. teamwork is great!
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:06 am

V-FMSf

The V-FMS is the standard Vishmital semi automatic assault rifle, resembling the French FAMAS in appearance but firing a larger calibre bullet. The bullpup design made it easy to use in close quarters however the design had several drawbacks. A new model the V-FMSf was introduced for use in the Felaryan jungle. Internal workings were modified to give the option of fully automatic fire; the barrel was made heavier with an integrated silencer while a heavier recoil dampener was added to the stock to compensate for use under full auto. This did make the rifle both slightly heavier and longer, but it is still shorter than most carbine designs using the standard layout. The most drastic change however came in the form of a new cartridge, while retaining the same calibre and overall length of the standard cartridge the full metal jacket ball was replaced by a hollow cavity bullet which was designed to both expand and fragment upon entering a target; greatly increasing its wounding potential and stopping power, at the expense of armour penetration.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:16 am

See my posts on MUST Inc. (Magical and Useful Survival Tools Inc.) It's a MUST see. Razz
(Speaking of which, I need to develop them more).
Jætte_Troll wrote:
It fires a very focused blast of superheated energy.
Last time I checked, Oldman40k was still off doing something or other, so it's up to me to insert physics into this.
Energy can NOT be superheated. Simply because energy = heat. You can't heat up heat, or electromagnetic waves.
I suggest instead of using lasers (which are refracted by the air), use masers (like lasers, but with microwaves). They deliver heat more effectively in these situations (There are microwave ovens, but have you seen a laser oven? I didn't think so).
A short, intense burst of microwaves would burn predators and have the advantage of piercing the flesh causing more than just a light surface burn. Much more of a discouragement in my opinion.
Also, they would use less energy since microwaves are less energetic than light, and microwaves aren't reflected.
EDIT: Maser tech was also developed on Earth before lasers, so the technology required for a basic microwave emitter is less advanced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:34 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
See my posts on MUST Inc. (Magical and Useful Survival Tools Inc.) It's a MUST see. Razz
(Speaking of which, I need to develop them more).
Jætte_Troll wrote:
It fires a very focused blast of superheated energy.
Last time I checked, Oldman40k was still off doing something or other, so it's up to me to insert physics into this.
Energy can NOT be superheated. Simply because energy = heat. You can't heat up heat, or electromagnetic waves.
I suggest instead of using lasers (which are refracted by the air), use masers (like lasers, but with microwaves). They deliver heat more effectively in these situations (There are microwave ovens, but have you seen a laser oven? I didn't think so).
A short, intense burst of microwaves would burn predators and have the advantage of piercing the flesh causing more than just a light surface burn. Much more of a discouragement in my opinion.
Also, they would use less energy since microwaves are less energetic than light, and microwaves aren't reflected.
EDIT: Maser tech was also developed on Earth before lasers, so the technology required for a basic microwave emitter is less advanced.

Haha, good point. I hath been defeated by sciency talk. I was more having difficulty describing how the gun works. Any other change suggestions?

Now, to go built my laser oven...
Back to top Go down
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 am

damn science and everything always havin to have a specific way to make it work correctly with all its....SCIENCE! why can't things just simply be, and make things easier for us hahaha. i myself havent figured out a good to to explain how a laser gun works. i end up tellin myself, "well if i could explain it, don't you think we'd have already made em by now?"
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:51 am

Trazix's Breath

Devices dubbed Trazix's Breath or ash guns have been described as last ditch defence weapons for isolated human communities in Felarya's jungles. The weapon is nothing more than a large metal or clay tube with a bellow or piston at one end fixed to a pedestal. The tube is filled with a burning substance usually a mix of charcoal and sulfur, when fired by pushing down on the bellow it acts like a primitive flamethrower, expelling a noxious burning cloud to a distance of almost 50ft.

Last edited by CauldronBorn24 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:55 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 2:55 am

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
Vulcan's Breath

Devices dubbed Vulcan's Breath have been described as last ditch defence weapons for isolated human communities in Felarya's jungles. The weapon is nothing more than a large metal or clay tube with a bellow at one end fixed to a pedestal. The tube is filled with a burning substance usually a mix of charcoal and sulfur, when fired by pushing down on the bellow it acts like a primitive flamethrower, expelling a noxious burning cloud to a distance of almost 30ft.

A cool idea, but name-dropping the god "Vulcan" seems to be a near-ubiquitous thing for any fiery/destructive weapon, though on Felarya this particular term seems strange, especially amongst isolated communities.

Wouldn't they refer to such things as Trazix's Breath? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:00 am

Thank you and done.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:22 am

Ground Wire.

Ground Wires are a collective name given to a unique weapon system designed to counter storm sprites. The most common variant is nothing more than a kite, or in some cases a balloon, moored to the ground by an exposed conductive cable. The theory is that a storm sprite that comes in contact with the cable is grounded; thus dissipating its electrical charge, however the charge is usually enough to vaporize the cable meaning the weapons can only be used once. The kites themselves are made using translucent materials to help camouflage the device, this is necessary as large numbers are required to be effective. A more advanced version uses a multiple rocket system to launch around 50 wires into the sky almost simultaneously, once the rocket motor burns out a chute is deployed to keep the cables air born for a limited time. While the rocket system is capable of ambushing a storm sprite keeping track of the creature is a different matter altogether.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:29 am

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
Thank you and done.

No problem. Interesting ideas there.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 7:37 am

Very interesting thread here Razz

I especially like those such as hot rifle or fairy duster. they make sense and are well integrated to the world too ^_^
I'm really thinking about a weapon page in the wiki now XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 am

Karbo wrote:

I especially like those such as hot rifle or fairy duster. they make sense and are well integrated to the world too ^_^
Elemental blades! Elemental blades!
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:07 am

alliance wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Shotgun. To your face.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
alliance wrote:
Karbo wrote:

Shotgun. To your face.
Evil laugh Evil laugh Evil laugh
They can also be for larger races.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:18 am

Allience if you are going to post an idea at least give us a description as to what it is or does.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:20 am

Blades that have elemental or other special abilities that are large enough to be wielded by someting like a naga.
(Rin and a 50 ft. ice blade)
Found in ancient ruins
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

In all seriousness here, I think this should not be a thread for one or 2 off weapons that are legendary, super hard to obtain (on account of being legendary or guarded by legendary beings), etc.
This should be for weapons that are forged, fletched, or otherwise crafted by native Felaryans (or people who have been tehre long enough) for use on Felarya, not for the legendary blade of frost peak and things like that.
Basically, you should be able to go to negav or another major city and be able to get it replicated.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:29 am

alliance wrote:
Blades that have elemental or other special abilities that are large enough to be wielded by someting like a naga.
(Rin and a 50 ft. ice blade)
Found in ancient ruins
This is why I should have hit the post button faster on my previous post.
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:32 am

Ahhh. i see..... I'll think of something
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 9:06 am

0-VN Nova rifle.

The Nova rifle is a heavily modified Vishmital V-20MA 20mm single shot bolt action anti material rifle. The discovery of the nova crystals, a highly energetic but soft mineral, led several Vishmital gunsmiths to experiment using nova crystals as ammunition; if was found when enough energy was applied to the crystal such as firing it out a gun barrel, the crystal would ignite; burning at the temperature similar to white phosphorous. However while they were able to create the ammunition to fit the V-20MA rifle, selected because it was the only firearm capable of firing a sizeable round without destroying it, the extreme temperatures produced by the nova crystal projectiles melted the barrel after one shot. The gunsmiths set to work to create a barrel to withstand the high temperatures using alloys found on Felarya, the completed project was called the Nova rifle. The soft crystal however lacks the penetration to cause deep wounds, usually fragmenting into small shards just beneath the skin. Once imbedded in the flesh of a predator, or anything else, the shards would continue to burn intensely for a few seonds causing serve thermal damage around the initial wound. While effective the Nova rifle soon fell out of favour with the introduction of such weapons like the 0-VM Hot Rifle due to its bulk, weight and only been able to fire one shot at a time. Nova rifles are still in service in some Vishmital units but many have been sold off to adventurers and other groups.

Last edited by CauldronBorn24 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Felaryan Specific Weapons   Felaryan Specific Weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felaryan Specific Weapons
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next