Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?

Go down 
+6
nksrocks
Karbo
Jætte_Troll
Whiteagle
Darkstorm Zero
Malahite
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 7:09 pm

I find it funny that more and more people's characters could curb the gods of roughly 2/3 all fiction currently written. And that said characters have more peers than one can count on a lone hand.

Because of this, I propose a new Felarya Guardian. They would suffer from one limit, and one limit only: Their action must result in comedy. However, this comedy is unlimited in how it may be achieved. About to unleash a super-powerful, planet-cracking energy beam on Felarya? They'll step in the way to get an all-over tan (becoming ash in the process, but it'll be the cartoonish ash that one recovers from in time for the next scene). Whole Multiverse about to be destroyed? A pure white backdrop will appear, before a hole shows up and the Guardian pops out "all alone". After a brief moment of panic, they'll wake up - everything having been a dream - and things will be back to normal: Except the Guardian running around showing random signs of affection to living beings and places (Such as them suddenly hugging a very grouchy Dridder mid-hunt, giving them a big kiss, and then capering off).

The Guardian's one weakness would be anything that cannot be made into comedy. The Guardian coming into contact with such would cause both it - and said comedy-impossible object - to instantly go out of existence.

~ ~ ~

Yes, I realize that this is a major step back into making Felarya a serious realm. However, I feel it may be necessary with the growing scale of power of its denizens. It's gone from "Fantasy" to "High Fantasy" to - right now - "Home of Multiversal-threatening beings in large quantities."
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 11:34 pm

That was probably mostly my fault, I brought it up with Balthus and the Void thing.

But to be fair, the way I had him written was to have him that powerful only temporarily, and not have him inflicting damage that he couldn't undo by the end.
Back to top Go down
http://darkstormzero.deviantart.com/
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:40 am

And Whiteagle is VERY killable... just not a wise move to ingest him...
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:51 am

I like this. And I think it could be Felaryan, in a way. The guardian should be a very cute girl who isn't even aware of the term Guardian. Smile This would fit with Karbo's liking for incredibly powerful and deadly things being very cute and innocent looking. Heck, if it wouldn't ruin the story, I'd nominate Crisis for this position. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:56 am

NO!
It must be a near chibi-proportioned girl... with glasses... who is super Moe on TOP of being a Dojikko...

So Crisis must have something happen to her to create a clone matching these specs!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:32 am

I am usually not big on adding depth to guardians but this is a funny and original idea Razz
* imagine a character like a chibi-milefeuille running around* XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:42 am

Yeah, something ridiculously cute and clumsy, who is ignorant of alot of things.
Back to top Go down
nksrocks
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
nksrocks

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 5:20 am

like a kitty.
Back to top Go down
http://nksrocks.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:20 am

You aren't to blame, Eagle and Darkstorm. While powerful, you both admit to such. I'm more concerned about those that think their characters capable of similar "aren't that tough".

Glad you like this idea, though. Any ideas on a name for 'her' (since that seems to be the general preference of the people as to the Guardian's gender)?

Appearance could include horrible disguises that we (the readers) can recognize through, but that those in the story may not (at least until it would be humorous for her cover to be blown).
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 9:43 am

Seems like a wascally wabbit. Could an unassuming bunny-girl be in order?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:48 am

Bugs bunny was always very good at disguises. The bunny ears should be a givaway every time...
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:34 am

I was thinking about someone like Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobobo or just Bobobo from the same Manga with the same name or the character of Guu from the anime Hare+Guu
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:53 am

gwadahunter2222 wrote:
I was thinking about someone like Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobobo or just Bobobo from the same Manga with the same name or the character of Guu from the anime Hare+Guu

A Guardian with Wiggin' Powers?

New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Mother10

"Hajike (ハジケ): This word is taken from the Japanese verb hajikeru (弾ける), which means "to burst open" or, in more appropriate terms, "to wig out or go crazy" the ability to "hajike" (or dub terms, Wig Out)"
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 pm

I like this idea. I don't really know what else to add.

Just make sure they can't overpower the guardians, because I can think of a few ways it can be accomplished in a humerous way.

*imagines Nemyra stepping on a massive banana peel*
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I like this idea. I don't really know what else to add.

Just make sure they can't overpower the guardians, because I can think of a few ways it can be accomplished in a humerous way.

*imagines Nemyra stepping on a massive banana peel*
Their point would mostly be - like other Guardians - to keep things intact. The tripping of Nemrya may be done if it can be achieved humorously (or better yet, to cause a chain of funny events), but it wouldn't be done if it would cause a notable change in the status quo of things (unless said thing is going to be resolved at a later time with no damage actually being done, and even more humor being caused by said upheaval).
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:39 pm

/Fish/ wrote:

A Guardian with Wiggin' Powers?

New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Mother10

"Hajike (ハジケ): This word is taken from the Japanese verb hajikeru (弾ける), which means "to burst open" or, in more appropriate terms, "to wig out or go crazy" the ability to "hajike" (or dub terms, Wig Out)"

He he! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:49 pm

I don't think this new Guardian should actually be aware that they ARE a Guardian.
If she was aware of what she was and her method for keeping the status quo, she'd come off as something doing it for 'teh lulz'...
Having meet quite a few people on my net travels like this, I can tell you this gets really old REALLY fast.
However, if she believed she was someone who was cursed to randomly teleport around and be so clumsy as to cause Ruth-Goldberg style accidents, she could be more accessible as a Character and be incredibly more Moe.
The "Curse" could also include the ability to change her into an appropriate race for the situation; meaning one day she could be a Neko, the next a Giant Naga.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 10:30 pm

It would be funny if she wasn't aware...but I also like her doing some "jobs" to fix Felarya, even if she ends up doing it in an entirely different manner. I think she should be unawares, however, of what the implications of being a Guardian are, or how important her job actually is. She knows she should be "saving" the planet, but her idea of that would be focusing on something minor that attracts her attention.

Shape changing maybe...though a naga with bunny ears would be funny. Smile There should be one trait that she can't get rid of, no matter how she transforms. (Maybe the glasses)
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:05 am

gah I just love this idea of a non-aware and non-serious guardian Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:02 am

Yeah...I think she should know she is a "Guardian" but her idea of that is to go and promote recycling in Negav, or save kitties from trees, or organize mermaids into doing beach cleanups. Very Happy In the course of which she accidently prevents much larger problems...
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:04 am

So a Guardian that actually does good?
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:15 am

Well, for Felarya as a whole. They wouldn't be biased towards a prey or pred point of view.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Yeah...I think she should know she is a "Guardian" but her idea of that is to go and promote recycling in Negav, or save kitties from trees, or organize mermaids into doing beach cleanups. Very Happy In the course of which she accidently prevents much larger problems...
The problem with that is at first she'll do ok, but after awhile she'll just sound preachy.
People don't want to listen to a preachy, no-body ditz that causes everything to devolve into comedy act.
She would then have to "Invoke" her authority as a Guardian, which would cause her all sorts of problems.
Malahite's original ideas was for a being who'd essentially be cosmic comic relief, but such a task could probably be done by any of the existing Guardians if necessary.
You yourself suggested she not be aware of what she is, and I latched onto that because it makes her more accessible as a Character instead of a shadowy, unknown force like the rest of the Guardians.
She wouldn't be the "Comedian" Guardian; she'd be little ____-chan, the poor girl who the scary man in the robe is angry at (How was she suppose to know he was finishing his greatest spell when she popped in? And who puts a Banana Cream Pie on a board like that anyways?).
This could also allow her to have more then her "Mortal Moe Blob" form...

Maybe a "Sexy Divine Librarian" one as well?
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Whiteagle wrote:

The problem with that is at first she'll do ok, but after awhile she'll just sound preachy.
People don't want to listen to a preachy, no-body ditz that causes everything to devolve into comedy act.

That's the idea. Smile No one else would take her seriously, seeing her as just an annoying, but strangly difficult to kill clutz. Most people I suppose would be trying to reject her help. But she still somehow manages to save the world through random coincidence. I just think if she was trying to help in her own way, it would give her a better prescence on the world, instead of just sitting round the house waiting for something terrible to happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?   New Guardian Concept:  Thoughts? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Guardian Concept: Thoughts?
Page 1 of 1