Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Slug Girls

Go down 
+5
French snack
Reptillian
Karbo
/Fish/
Whiteagle
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:49 pm

I pretty much lost track of time thinking of a new species of Slug Girls, but I think I need a bit more background info on what's already there.
Specifics would be things such as:
-Existing species of Slug Girl
-Slug Girl Reproduction and Sex
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:16 pm

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Minor_races#Slug_Girls

Velvet is a leopard-slug-girl, a kind that hunts other slug-girls and is a little bit faster.

Ariol is a banana slug-girl, which have a high growth rate, according to my design of her.

Byoki-Desu came up with this funky slug-girl

Jaeette_Troll came up with these

Sea slug-girls have been elaborated on before somewhere, but I can't find where.

---

Slug-girls are hermaphrodites, as are real life slugs, meaning that they have both male and female reproductive organs. You could do some research on slug reproduction to get what you wanted about that. : P
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:57 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
Slug-girls are hermaphrodites, as are real life slugs, meaning that they have both male and female reproductive organs. You could do some research on slug reproduction to get what you wanted about that. : P
Well I don't really like the idea of a species having two sets of reproductive organs... which is why I probably thought up a reproductive method that only has one type of Gamete.
Of course... this being a bit of a fetish... this single sexed gamete can fuse with both the sperm and eggs of other creatures...
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
Well I don't really like the idea of a species having two sets of reproductive organs... which is why I probably thought up a reproductive method that only has one type of Gamete.
Of course... this being a bit of a fetish... this single sexed gamete can fuse with both the sperm and eggs of other creatures...

I figured you had a hidden agenda related to the Hybrid topic. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:21 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
I figured you had a hidden agenda related to the Hybrid topic. Neutral
Hey I'm not into vore... my Slug Girls had to have different gimmick...
And I actually thought of that single gamete thing for a different set of Slug-taurs... albeit just for the justification of creating Half-Human Hybrids...
Anyways, what is a Banana Slug-Girls shtick other then the high growth rate?
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Whiteagle wrote:
And I actually thought of that single gamete thing for a different set of Slug-taurs... albeit just for the justification of creating Half-Human Hybrids...

So you want to create a sub-species with different physiological traits just to have them be able to hybridize with humans? >>

I think you should explain this notion of yours some more.

Whiteagle wrote:
Anyways, what is a Banana Slug-Girls shtick other then the high growth rate?

They have awesome yellow tails.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 7:18 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
So you want to create a sub-species with different physiological traits just to have them be able to hybridize with humans? >>

I think you should explain this notion of yours some more.
No... I was trying to re-imagine Samuel Youd's "The Tripods" with an alien species that would conceiveably want to build something as unstable as a Tripod Walker.
(Radial Symmetric things that breath toxic gas would either not be smart enough to build space ships or would not bother with a planet that has an atmosphere they couldn't breath!)
Since three legs isn't a natural configuration for legged animals, I concluded that the high gravity of the Aliens home world prevented the evolution of legs in the first place.
So in the end, I came up with a Vertebrate Slug-taur race... which I then realised would look like a cross between the "Greys", a Shell-less Ninja Turtle, and a Slug...
Thinking that with their big doe eyes and rather unthreatening slow bodies they would cause any human woman to break down in "Awww", I quickly decide to imagine up such a romance....
Which led to thinking about the offspring of said romance...
That led to dreaming up HOW an Alien race could have a child with a Human Woman...
Turns out, the Aliens' have the proper number of chromosomes minus a lot of the genetic "clutter" cause by our faster mutating environment... So with a little genetic engineering the mother can gestate a modified Slug-ien zygote.
Nine months later, a Half-Human Slug-taur is born.
Of course, in a fantasy land where most of the species are ALREADY Half-Human, you can just say that your Slug Girls can do this all-Natural.
/Fish/ wrote:
They have awesome yellow tails.
Ok...
Mine can be described in one word, "Sweet".
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:11 am

Whiteagle wrote:
/Fish/ wrote:

Err slug girls in Felarya definitely don't have male organs ^^;
I compare them with harpies ( there is no male harpies ) : they breed with males from other races.

Also I take the occasion to ask everybody : do you think slug girls should have their own pages in the wiki ?
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:22 am

Karbo wrote:
Also I take the occasion to ask everybody : do you think slug girls should have their own pages in the wiki ?
i think that would only be fair, since they are a race with some knowns.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:58 am

Karbo wrote:
Whiteagle wrote:
/Fish/ wrote:

I compare them with harpies ( there is no male harpies ) : they breed with males from other races.

............................................................................................................................. What?

I've been going on the assumption that they reproduce, you know, like slugs, for quite some time. Most people I've talked to take it as canon that they have dual genders. So... >>

I'm sorry Karbo if I've claimed to be the authority on this and ended up being pretentious, but you've blown me for a loop here.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:17 am

haha no problem Wink
you know there is lot of things that end up being somehow official without me having control. The important is to clarify things ^_^

well ok a new pages has been created for them Smile
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:51 am

Karbo wrote:

There are no slug boys? Well, damn. I was thinking of having Vuni meet a nice slug boy. Razz (I've been vaguely pondering ideas for Vuni's next encounter with Katrika...)

How does reproduction work, then? Does the child inherit no traits from her father?
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:59 am

French snack wrote:
How does reproduction work, then? Does the child inherit no traits from her father?

Most likely.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:28 am

vegeta002 wrote:
French snack wrote:

Most likely.

i think they get some traits, or it would just be a clone, and then slug girls would all loke like each other.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:45 am

Reptillian wrote:

i think they get some traits, or it would just be a clone, and then slug girls would all loke like each other.

Yes, that's what I was thinking. If you don't inherit genetic material from your father, you're simply a clone of your mother. (That is, from what I understand based on my admittedly limited knowledge of genetics.) That's why I assumed slug boys existed.

Unless little baby slug girl inherits a small amount of genetic material from her father, which goes into aspects that somehow don't alter her physiology as a member of her mother's species? I.e., she might inherit red hair from daddy, but not daddy's human legs?
Back to top Go down
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:49 am

I've seen a fictional race that only have the mothers traits, which for some reason had 2 genders though.

Plus the single gender Nameks (Slug based) can control the genetics of the child themselves. Maybe slug-people are like that.
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am

French snack wrote:
Reptillian wrote:

Yes, that's what I was thinking. If you don't inherit genetic material from your father, you're simply a clone of your mother. (That is, from what I understand based on my admittedly limited knowledge of genetics.) That's why I assumed slug boys existed.

Unless little baby slug girl inherits a small amount of genetic material from her father, which goes into aspects that somehow don't alter her physiology as a member of her mother's species? I.e., she might inherit red hair from daddy, but not daddy's human legs?
well karbo says there are no slug boys...so i guess that's that but other traits the slug girls could get from the father would be brain power, apearance, personality and skills.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:13 am

French snack wrote:
Reptillian wrote:

Yes the little slug girl would share trait from both of her parents ( with the amount varying from one case to another ), as long as it don't alter the species ^^
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am

Karbo wrote:
Um, Karbo?
Could I still use the single Gamete thing?
It would allow Slug Girls to interbreed with their own kind, self impregnate through genetic recombination, be impregnated by males of other species, and... impregnate females of other species...

And I did come up with an idea about how to preserve the Species even with outside genetics...
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 am

Karbo wrote:
haha no problem Wink
you know there is lot of things that end up being somehow official without me having control. The important is to clarify things ^_^

I'm glad they are now recognized as a main race.

However, I do not like the idea of them as mating just like harpies... In the slightest.

Biologically, slugs are hermaphrodites. This makes sense for a slug race.

I have always recognized slug-girls in Felarya as hermaphrodites in nature, and Ariol is no exception. She has two mothers. a vagina, and a penis. This I will not change.

If you insist that Felaryan Slug-girls are, in fact an unnecessary harpy-like race, then I will humbly ask you to remove Ariol from where she is listed in the wiki. That's simply not what she is. I will never write about slug-girls as harpies, and in future stories involving Ariol and other slug-girls, they will possess two genders each, and some will not look like females.

No disrespect intended to your vision and ruling on the subject, I simply can't see them as the slug-tailed harpies you intend them to be.
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:16 am

Ummm, then prehaps you'd want to take a look at my idea?
If Areol bred this way, though, she wouldn't have male genitalia...
Just.... "Feelers" on the outer lips of her... "Va-Jay-Jay"...
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 am

/Fish/ wrote:
I simply can't see them as the slug-tailed harpies you intend them to be.
just concentrate^^
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:49 am

/Fish/ wrote:

As am I. I have something of a fondness for slug girls, for some reason.

And it seems they did need clarifying... We all had different assumptions as to their physiology and reproduction. I always assumed, unimaginatively, that there are slug boys. In fact, I mentioned slug boys in one of my stories:

a story wrote:

And so she restrained herself to a life in a small area of Felarya. Although she might daydream wistfully about mysterious, distant lands, there was enough to keep her busy where she was. Her voracious appetite meant that she was constantly on the hunt for food, and, when she was not sleeping or hunting, she would meet up with friends, fellow slug girls of her own size, for a chat, games, giggles and gossip. Fellow slug girls, and a few slug boys too. Vuni was still young, but one day she intended to start a family, settle with a nice, devoted slug boy and raise a whole lot of little slug babies of her own. She smiled at the thought, and sighed a little, basking in the glow of her daydreams and the warm caress of morning sunlight…

I'd been giving serious thought, until now, to writing a story with a slug boy in it. So the clarification comes at the right moment, I suppose.

/Fish/ wrote:

I have always recognized slug-girls in Felarya as hermaphrodites in nature, and Ariol is no exception. She has two mothers. a vagina, and a penis. This I will not change.

If you insist that Felaryan Slug-girls are, in fact an unnecessary harpy-like race, then I will humbly ask you to remove Ariol from where she is listed in the wiki. That's simply not what she is. I will never write about slug-girls as harpies, and in future stories involving Ariol and other slug-girls, they will possess two genders each, and some will not look like females.

No disrespect intended to your vision and ruling on the subject, I simply can't see them as the slug-tailed harpies you intend them to be.

Could it be that there are several "subspecies" of slug girls, with significant physiological variation?

Personally, I don't mind considering that all slug girls are exclusively female ; I'll just have Vuni mate with a human, or something. (She's human-sized, not a giant slug-girl.) But I recognise that in your case, the problem is much more significant. Would it be possible to use "slug girl" as a generic term for different "subspecies", I wonder?

Just as a comment, I've never envisaged Vuni as a hermaphrodite. I see her as having only female genitalia. I know Vuni is a much less important character than Ariol, since I've hardly ever used her, but I would rather like to use her again without making her into a hermaphrodite...

Ah, the complexities of many people imagining the same world at the same time in different ways!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:07 am

/Fish/ wrote:
Karbo wrote:
haha no problem Wink

However, I do not like the idea of them as mating just like harpies... In the slightest.

Biologically, slugs are hermaphrodites. This makes sense for a slug race.

I am really sorry to hear that Sad
I suppose it is my fault for not having clarifyied things sooner... ( and I do know there is many other such litigious topics pending ^^; )
but I really didn't intented slug girls to be hermaphrodites.. I just can't envison that Neutral
are you really sure about Ariol... ? I find her a nice and attaching character : /
Back to top Go down
Whiteagle
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Whiteagle

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:17 am

Whiteagle wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Um, Karbo?
Could I still use the single Gamete thing?
It would allow Slug Girls to interbreed with their own kind, self impregnate through genetic recombination, be impregnated by males of other species, and... impregnate females of other species...

And I did come up with an idea about how to preserve the Species even with outside genetics...
*Cough.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Slug Girls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slug Girls   Slug Girls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slug Girls
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next