Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

requirements for char(s) on wiki?

Go down 
+7
ZionAtriedes
Feadraug
Karbo
GREGOLE
rcs619
Archmage_Bael
Reptillian
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: requirements for char(s) on wiki?   requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:04 am

ZionAtriedes wrote:
If you have trouble creating characters, take this bit of advice I came up with that's always done me well: avoid cookie-cutter characters, but don't make it obvious you're being anti-cliche. Because that's just as cliche. Find a middle ground: characters that aren't Mary Sues, but aren't totally out-there.
i don't believe i have any trouble making characters(only problem is my lazyness that makes it take QUITE a while to complete them^^') and i don't really think about if they are cliche or not. Whenever i get an idea i think is good, i just go with it XD
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: requirements for char(s) on wiki?   requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:57 am

As I said, I'm not talking about spam, but self-promoting a bit. Of course, for that you must be careful, because the promotion-spam line is very thin. But if you don't like it, I'm not forcing anyone, just making suggestions. Smile

And Zion is right: try to get something in the middle point, because being anti-cliché is already a cliché.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: requirements for char(s) on wiki?   requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:06 pm

Just do something natural, realistic and thorough. A good character isn't super powered to the point of being ridiculous, but has enough quirks and skills to keep them through the story and interesting through the story. You should always know how your character would react to any situation or event.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
lami
Veteran knight
Veteran knight

PostSubject: Re: requirements for char(s) on wiki?   requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:04 pm

Feadraug wrote:
Karbo wrote:
Feadraug : I think your characters are definitely very interesting ! Your mute fairy is cute and your party of adventurers is very colorful and original Razz ( I especially love the cursed grumpy samurai and the fallen "god" XD)

Thanks for the kind words, but such 'adventurers' aren't for Felarya, though, they're part of my webcomic. However, Kyria is 100% Felaryan. If one of them would be on the Wiki, that's her. But... who says I can't creat a Yaiba wannabe in Felarya, some kind of nasty survivor? *writes down the idea*

Still, Kyria needs more work. Laughing

lami wrote:
the only one that seems to manage it well is touhou, and every character is still created by the sole guy who makes the games

The Touhou Project is doujin and has its origins in one person, but ZUN - the creator -, as far as I know, hasn't let anything made by fans in yet, except for calling Hong Meiling 'China' or for calling Cirno an idiot. Not even yukkuris (fortunatelly). Still, I hate half of the Touhou games cast. xD
actually Zun started calling cirno a 9
as for touhou project, it was phonominaly hated.
and the yukkuris are an abomination
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

PostSubject: Re: requirements for char(s) on wiki?   requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:45 pm

A bit of off-topic...

I stand a bit corrected then. He randomly called Cirno "idiot", it could have been another enemy in the screen, but had to be the stupid ice fairy. Still, fans are to blame for making it popular, it would have been a simple idiocy, but they took it far enough to making it a meme.

Also, ZUN and Karbo are quite different. ZUN hasn't added any characters or locations or events created by fans, despite his work being doujin, and he's quite concerned about people who don't know about Touhou Project being told about it and being interested in it despite not playing any games. Karbo, while observing how people work on his world and being quite selective with the material given by others, has some flexibility, even though Felarya is his work, and I don't know exactly his thoughts about people who aren't in Felarya but are told of it and begin to be interested.

Now back on-topic...

Jaete_Troll wrote:
You should always know how your character would react to any situation or event.

Coherence is also important when defining a character's personality. As you say, you have to know how he/she is going to react to any situation, but also make sure that your character isn't contradictory.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: requirements for char(s) on wiki?   requirements for char(s) on wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

requirements for char(s) on wiki?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2