Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raison

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Raison
Giant Naga
Height: 93 feet, head to ground
Black hair
Black scales
Amber eyes.

Raison is a male naga who lives west of the Jungle of Perils and South of Deeper Felarya, almost right beside the river.

~History~

Raison is a liar. Do not trust anything he says about his past. He may or may not be a Felaryan Native, it is known the only person he actively fears is Vivian, and he at one point was nearly digested. He has implied that he may know bits of valuable information, but this may or may not be a lie or a half truth.

~Character~

"There is no better torture then the word 'if'."

Raison has no belief in the fairly 'trivial' concepts of Good and Evil. He sees himself as a monster and fully embraces it, rarely dispelling any negative notion people hold of him. He is a sadist, causing pain to any so unfortunate to fall into his clawed hands, by either ripping them apart as he eats them or by feeding them to his plants. Raison holds no contempt for any species on Felarya though, he treats nagas and dridders the same... with a bite to the neck. There is no rhyme or reason as to how he acts, and he sees no purpose to have such.He's basically a magnificent bastard.

Despite this seemingly savage side, Raison is actually a very intelligent naga. He is relatively old compared to most of the sixty or seventy year old nagas slithering around, and he has somehow amassed quite a 'library' of knowledge... in his head. In fact, one of the very few ways that one might be able to save themself is to stump Raison! Considering he has managed to outwit (and likely eat) a passing sphinx, this is no easy feat.
There is a rumor saying that math is the way to go, unfortunatly, that's not true, Raison has to pause however because of the fact he's doing it in his head.
Raison also is known to manipulate people and schemes to his own end for whatever it may be. Usually it is for his own amusement!

It is surprisingly hard to make Raison angry, sad, or embarrassed. If he's not toturing someone, he can be spotted lounging on a branch in a tree, staring off with a completely blank face or manipulating some new abomination of plantkind with the same face. He has even been known to experiment on others, and is rumored to have a few servants running around who were experimented on.

Raison has a human mate named D'etre that he loves very dearly. Despite the rather extreme differences between the two, D'etre loves Raison back as well. Affectionate, but careful, Raison is very careful with his D'etre, knowing full well how breakable and frail she is. However, he is sometimes teasing, and does random things (like suck on her body) without warning her. Raison is rather possessive of her, and dislikes letting other predators see her, and it is a very good way to actually piss off the rather stoic naga by even mentioning her. Although, by the end of the day, you will always find them on a branch, enjoying the last rays of the sun together.

~Hunting Habits <3 ~

Raison is not a very active hunter, he more often waits for his prey and ambushes them! Raison's black scales and black hair break up his outline and help him blend into the darker parts of the trees in his home, and occasionally he will grow extra branches on whatever tree he is on to further hide. Once the prey(say another giant naga) is beneath, he will spring out and usually a very bloody scene will ensue, but this is all that has been observed by the biologist Iam Naoded who studied Raison for two months straight.

The few who witness such an act wonder how Raison never ends up with a expanding stomach. Well, Iam Naoded figured out Raison's stomach is completely contained inside of his tail! Despite his human half appearing anywhere from slim to boney, Raison can eat much more vast quanities of food then the average nagaess, thanks to having a stomach in his tail.

Raison will eat humans, but much prefers the unlucky predators who are smaller them him. This is not because he hates predators or prefers human company, but simply because humans are not quite as filling as a nice young giant naga or the occasional harpy and it takes longer for them to die.

~Magic...~

Raison is a nature based naga. He has created many deadly flora, mixing and tearing apart, then putting it together again to create monstrosities. Over the years, Raison experimented on himself, and now has millions of seeds sewn into his muscle and blood, and these can sprout and grow much faster then other plants, and are used in combat to make Raison ever more deadly. He is a master of his art and knows how to use his surroundings to his advatage, and it is said he has turned people into plant food while they're still alive!

Obviously his weakness is fire. But small amounts don't harm him as much as you would believe, dead wood catches fire more quickly then healthy living wood.

~~~

THIS IS THE ONLY NAGA IT WILL EVER BE OKAY TO LOATHE WITH YOUR ENTIRE BEING.

He's not a very nice person.

Enjoy.

Last edited by L'Ryn on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:35 pm

I like.... I'm guessing if he can make tress grow extra branches his magic is nature based.

I was thinking of the idea that predators would eat predators that are smaller than themselves, (The Albino nagas who reside in the Milk Wood Hills usually eat Dwarf Centaurs, though they are mostly herbivores.) I would like to say that Raison is the kind of Felaryain most Axis would get along with, both being bastards, but then again he's a giant Naga.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:03 pm

There, finally, it's over.
Back to top Go down
Sillysausage
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sillysausage

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:14 pm

Not a bad summary of him! Once again, I must say how much I looooove that you made a sadistic naga character, it's a nice change from the masses of cute ones.
Back to top Go down
http://ironkitty.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:21 pm

Quote :
Not a bad summary of him! Once again, I must say how much I looooove that you made a sadistic naga character, it's a nice change from the masses of cute ones.

Caaaaaaaaaareful, Kitty. It's a widely known fact that the better a character is, the fewer comments it'll get in the discussion board. You threaten the equilibrium! Of course technically so do I, but still!
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:34 am

GREGOLE wrote:
It's a widely known fact that the better a character is, the fewer comments it'll get in the discussion board.
Interesting statement. Too bad it's not true. Even if it's sarcasm. But I'll quote it anyway.

And I must say that this is quite an original character here. Many strive to make their characters lovable and endearing, rarely one meant to be hated, unless it's the designated villain.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Quote :

Interesting statement. Too bad it's not true. Even if it's sarcasm. But I'll quote it anyway.

Oh, it's extremely true.
If not, prove me wrong?
Back to top Go down
observer88
observer88

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 2:12 pm

If it's absolutely true, then these must be some excellent characters. Of course nothing is absolute, exception to rules exist. Except rule 34.
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:27 pm

Now, now, let's not get fiesty here.

And thanks observer, but what's even more fun is that Raison isn't really a 'villain'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Raison Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raison   Raison Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raison
Page 1 of 1