Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Raison D'etre-Chance Meeting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Raison D'etre-Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Raison D'etre-Chance Meeting   Raison D'etre-Chance Meeting Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 10:57 pm

So, this is a short story. The next one involving these two will be two chapters long. It's rather bad, but I thought it was somewhat cute. Post a comment or two, will ya?

This is similiar to an 'introduction' I guess, except this was about seven years ago, when D'etre was seven.

If you're curious, Raison is exactly ninety two feet, head to ground. His hobbies are eating, sleeping, wood carving, brushing his hair out (with what?) and deep thinking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little pattering steps echoed in the forest, attracting the attentions of a young Mitternacht Naga who lazed in the branches above. Raison looked down to the ground, seeing a much smaller then usual human running down the path. Reaching down, he quickly caught the human and brought it up for him to see. It was a hatchling human. "Not enough meat." He sighed, almost blowing the girl off his hand. Then he smelled the blood. The hatchling was bleeding from many cuts on her tiny body and her left eye was swollen shut. "Name?" He inquired.

The hatchling looked at him, strangely unafraid. "D'etre." She answered sniffling. Her tiny voice barely reached Raison's ears. He moved her closer to his face. "What's yours?"

"Raison." He answered, before instinctvly licking some of the blood off her tiny exposed arm. It was what he did to his own wounds, so why not? She didn't even seem fazed by it. "Why are you out this far, De'tre?" He asked.

"I'm a bad bad girl. My Mommy and Daddy say I'm a bad girl." She said, curling up. "They said I should go die."

"Now why would humans say that to their spawn?" Raison asked, leaning against the thick trunk of the tree. This was going to be a somewhat amusing day. "That doesn't sound right."

D'etre looked up at the huge naga, blinking her wide and not swollen eye. "Eat me please. I want to make Mommy and Daddy happy." She didn't even seem aware that being eaten ment she would die. Raison wondered if she knew what death ment in the first place.

The naga looked down at the hatchling, mindlessly feeling how weak and fragile she felt. He then popped her into his mouth, but he did not swallow. He just used his tongue to clean off more of the bitter liquid from the hatchling's body before pulling her out of his mouth, saliva covered. "No." He said flatly. "You'd make a good..." Raison paused for the word. "Pet."

D'etre just stared at him, confused, cold, sticky, and numb from pain. "...I won't have to go back to Mommy or Daddy?"

Raison didn't appear to be listening, instead, he was turning around and looking at a large hole in the tree, big enough for him to stick his hand and a part of his arm inside. The hole was there from a spellcaster who tried to save himself by throwing a meteor spell at Raison, and the spellcaster missed and hit the tree. Raison pulled out the crude knife he usually stashed away inside and put D'etre into the hole instead. "Stay there." He instructed.

"Okay Miss Raison."

Raison looked at D'etre, resisting the urge to flick her. "I'm a male." He sighed.

"But your hair is all long and pretty." She pointed out to the long black mass that fell over and practically engulfed the human half of Raison's body. "And you have a really pretty face and voice!"

Don't cut it, I think it looks cute. Those words echoed in Raison's mind, words spoken long ago by someone long dead. "I don't have breasts." He finally said. "Stay there." Raison repeated, before slithering off the branch and onto a lower branch on another tree. Slithering from one branch to another, he finally reached one of the few green wood trees in the area. He liked green woods, their wood was soft enough for his knife to easily carve, and they were resistant to fire. He ripped a branch off before going back to his tree. He had to think of what to do with the human hatchling, since he couldn't just eat her. He didn't want to eat her either, she had those big eyes on her face and her pitiful form moved something inside him.

She was still sitting inside, curled into a ball in the back of the hole. When he finally reached his branch, he looked inside and noticed she was asleep. He turned to the branch and began chipping away at it until it was a very small square, and then he easily carved in a scoop. He set that inside the hole and slowly picked D'etre and set her inside the quickly made bed. He then rolled his shoulders, sticking the knife into his tree's trunk. His stomach rumbled, reminding him he needed to eat. Raison looked down at the ground, and then made and noise of discontent. "I don't feel like it." He complained to no one. "Getting out of the canopy is such a drag." Closing his yellow eyes, Raison dozed off for a few minutes, before being rudely awakened by a bright light going off nearby. "...Someone fired a flare." He noted, opening his eyes before sliding out from the tree. "Well, might as well get atleast one snack today."

Raison followed the smoke trail to a small clearing in the woods where a confused group of girls stood with their backs to him. He didn't hear what they said, but one of them turn and saw him, screaming in some language to her friends. Too late, he reached a hand out and managed to grip four of them. He watched the remaining girls run screaming off into the woods, and he looked down to consider his prey. He swallowed three of them in quick succession, and then held the quivering fourth one in his hand, staring down at her. "Tell me, do you want to go join your friends?" He asked ambigiously.

"What?" The woman asked, staring. "What do you mean... Ma'am?" She threw the 'Ma'am' on with a respectful tone, as though hoping giving Raison some respect would spare her.

"I'm a male!" Raison growled, plopping her onto his tongue and swallowing her. He wondered to himself if he really did look that feminine, since he hadn't looked at his reflection for a few years. He then slithered off, sulking to himself.

~~ Fin

Do you see the pun?

Yes, I'm sorry Raison, BUT YOU LOOK LIKE A CHICK. GET OVER IT.
Back to top Go down

Raison D'etre-Chance Meeting
Page 1 of 1