Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Empty
PostSubject: Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:37 am

I hope this idea hasn't been done to death. Sorry if it has.

Name: Angler Seaweedle (latin translation Eukarya Lophiiformes)
size: 5 ft. to 10 ft.
threat: moderate

This species, despite it's name, is predominantly a plant based creature who resides within the depths of the Felaryan Seas. Weighing in at an average of 200 pounds, it sleeps at the bottoms of the lower areas of the vast waters, a good place to set up a front to catch prey.

The Angler Seaweedle, in order to catch food, will allow four stalks of "seaweed" to float above it's body, while concealing it's mouth in the sand. It will then wait for an unsuspecting prey to swim up and eat the "seaweed". What they don't know, however, is that the seaweed stalks are actually powerful tentacles that will wrap around the prey and drag it to the seaweedle's mouth, which will uncover itself from the sands. Biting into the seaweed will unleash a powerful tranquilizer into the prey's nervous system, which makes devouring the prey much easier.

It's moderate threat level comes from it's diet. Smaller versions of the seaweedle will feast on large plankton, fish, etc, while larger seaweedles will feast on human sized prey and small mermaids. If needed, it will wave its tentacles to resemble fish movement, or use it to lure humans in.

Other than that, as long as you stay away from any suspicious seaweed deposits, the angler will pose little threat.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 am

I really like this one ! very original Razz
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:55 am

Felarya needs more flora, and this certainly is in keeping with the general feel of Felarya (in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

PostSubject: Re: Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 11:52 am

I always wondered when someone would make a carnivorous seaweed! And now Pen has done it! YAY PEN!
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Thanks. This idea was always stuck in the back of my head until just recently. Now it's let forth a lot of ideas I used to have.
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: ahh!   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:30 pm

I always wanted to know what those large clumps of seaweed were at the beach!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)   Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angler Seaweedle (Carnivorous Aquatic Flora)
Page 1 of 1