Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Giants/Giantess'

Go down 
+5
French snack
Karbo
L'Ryn
/Fish/
kaitheguy1234
9 posters
AuthorMessage
kaitheguy1234
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
kaitheguy1234

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Saw that the entry in the wiki was blank for them, so I thought I may as well give it a shot at trying to write up a proper description for them.

Giants/Giantess'

A race found all over the many parts of Felarya, in the jungles, mountains, forests, even around some sea areas. Giants can be any size, from ten feet up to one hundred fifty feet, but they normally aren’t regarded as such unless they break fifty feet.

In terms of appearance, many seem to appear as larger versions of humans. While other humanoid species of such size have been heard of, Giant elves and the occasional giant neko, they’re in a different category altogether. While many go without clothing, it isn’t uncommon to hear of some making makeshift clothes out of animal hides and other materials.

Giants tend to wander around, rather than keep territory. This makes it rather difficult to determine whether or not one may be in the immediate area. Though small signs such as footprints may partially give it away.

Giants often possess incredible strength, due to their increased size. Some have even been noted to have magic, or large primitive hand made weapons at their disposal, mostly made from stone, wood, and animal bone. (Possibly bronze and iron as well)

When it comes to eating habits, many prefer anything that can comfortably be swallowed whole. This includes, but is not by any means limited to humans, nekos, and small animals. Many also try to incorporate fruit and plants into their diets as well.

Credit goes to Silent Eric for helping with it as well.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm

And here's kind of the same thing, just worded differently.

A widespread race, giants and giantesses can be found in many differing environments. It is a blanket term used to describe what superficially mostly resemble scaled-up humans. Technically a giant or giantess can simply be someone of fairly large stature, but is mostly designated to beings which are truly huge compared to humans. They are commonly encountered as you'll find other races of their stature, although they can also be some of the most developed examples of the large races. Because of their stature, they are prone to- especially the giantesses- the Felarya Effect. This means very likely including humans and other small beings into their diet.
Back to top Go down
L'Ryn
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
L'Ryn

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:55 am

Thank you, this is really helpful ! ^_^
( I just won't include the mention to the Felarya effect, as it's more a rumor than anything else currently and need futher development. But at a point there WILL be an explanation to it and pretty credible at that XD )
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:08 pm

Karbo wrote:
Thank you, this is really helpful ! ^_^
( I just won't include the mention to the Felarya effect, as it's more a rumor than anything else currently and need futher development. But at a point there WILL be an explanation to it and pretty credible at that XD )

Okey-dokey, heh.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:03 am

Good idea. One question I have, though. Are there actually any giants / giantesses (other than Tebulian giants) native to Felarya? Those who live in the forest all seem to come from elsewhere. Elle, Jade, Jora and Milly all originate from outside Felarya. (In fact, I made Milly non-native because I assumed that there were no native giants/giantesses in Felarya.)
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:59 am

French snack wrote:
Good idea. One question I have, though. Are there actually any giants / giantesses (other than Tebulian giants) native to Felarya? Those who live in the forest all seem to come from elsewhere. Elle, Jade, Jora and Milly all originate from outside Felarya. (In fact, I made Milly non-native because I assumed that there were no native giants/giantesses in Felarya.)
It's possible to have native giants/native of Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 3:56 pm

indeed there is difinitely native giants/giantesses ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Thanks. That just goes to show I shouldn't have made assumptions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Feadraug
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Feadraug

Location : The Forest of Whispers, along with Kyria and Seelvee

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 5:32 pm

As many species, there will be natives and non-natives. We've seen it in other species, like nagas... and let's not forget humans, nekos or elves, I'm pretty sure that there will be of both kinds as well.
Back to top Go down
http://paridas.carlosbg.es
seb
Tasty morsel
seb

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 am

i havent hear about (too) much giants/giantesses apart from fairys.
if there are giant nekos why dont we try and find a way to well make them giant like a way thay became that way.
mabe a magic lake or somting
sweatdrop
-seb
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 4:31 am

seb wrote:
i havent hear about (too) much giants/giantesses apart from fairys.
When we say Giants and Giantesses we essentially mean being that are equivalent to a giant human
seb wrote:
if there are giant nekos why dont we try and find a way to well make them giant like a way thay became that way.
No, nekos are generally human sized.
seb wrote:
mabe a magic lake or somting
No, that is far too abusable.

Lastly, please refrain from necro-ing old threads unless you have a serious contribution.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

Giants/Giantess' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Giants/Giantess'   Giants/Giantess' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Giants/Giantess'
Page 1 of 1