Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite indie games?

Go down 
+2
Anime-Junkie
itsmeyouidiot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

Favorite indie games? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Exactly what it sounds like. What are your favorite indie games?

My favorite is La-Mulana a game about about Indiana Jones Lemeza Kosugi and his adventure in the mysterious temple of La-Mulana, the place where civilization was born. Your goal is to go to the deepest part of the ruins, the Shrine of the Mother (the goddess of creation that the La-Mulana temple is devoted to), and obtain the treasure of life. But to do that, you'll need to put the aforementioned Mother's soul to rest, and to do that, you'll need to defeat the Eight Guardians and solve the complex puzzles of the temple.

(On a side note, the eighth Guardian, Tiamat, looks rather, uh, familiar.)

In addition to having a totally kick-ass soundtrack, there also exists a hilarious Let's Play by DeceasedCrab. His reactions to the game's intense difficulty can be really amusing.

A Wiiware version is also on its way.

...But that's just me. What's your favorite indie game?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Audiosurf
In the game you pilot some sort of hover vehicle down a rack generated from a music file of your choosing. The style of music will effect the difficulty. For example slow songs will be easy, but the total points able to be gotten from that song will be low. Fast or louder songs will be faster and harder, with more points able to be scored. There are 14 different characters so choose from. The characters are divided into three difficulty levels and each has its own unique ability. (Eg, Eraser can erase blocks of one colour from the board).
The goal of the game is to score points by collecting colored blocks (called 'cars') and forming clusters of 3 or more of the same color. The more blocks in a cluster, the more points are scored. In the default color setting of the game, blocks which appear in hot colors such as red and yellow are worth more points, while cool colors such as blue and purple are worth less.

Osmos.
In the game you control a single celled organism. Game play consists of becomming the biggest cell or becoming huge by absorbing smaller cells or absoribing a particular cell(s). To do this you must move by ejecting biomass in the opposite direction to which you wish to go. The downside is that doing this shrinks you. So sometimes you must wait for collisions because going any faster would leave your cell vunerable to the very cell you wish to absorb! 9It is possible to slow down and speed up time, so it's not boring) In the game most other cells are quite content to just sit there. In fact, you exhaust consists of these cells.
However, there are some cells that will move around, using the same means of motion as your cell. These vary, from the Bio-Phobe, who will flee from anything bigger than it (which makes it more vulnerable, since faster motion will inevitably make the cell smaller) to the Neophyte, which will actively seek out smaller cells to absorb them. There are also many other cells, like repulsor, which pushes all cells near it away, to the anti-matter cells that cause all matter cells to shrink.

At the beginning of the game there are 4 levels, the introduction level, which has 2 stages and the first 3 levels, each with 3 stages. the second tier levels are similar to the first, but harder. There are 3 times as many 3rd tier levels that second tier levels. The 3rd tier levels take one of themes of the 2nd tier levels and expand greatly on it.
Game game also has a great soundtrack and the graphics are astounding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 pm

Cavestory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr0CCkH49g0 (original pc version made in 2004)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULxQOotbngo (one thats coming to wiiware soon)

A game about a robot (who remains unnamed for most of it) who wakes up with no memory and is on some strange place .-.
dont judge the game by its graphics, but its a awesome game, if you havnt played it yet i suggest you do, oh and theres a secret path in the game, to get the real ending, which i loved, so please give this game a try D:

(sorry for the short explanation ._. im not good at summarising things)

Favorite indie games? 1699-3 Favorite indie games? Cave_Story_1

also
BONESAW THE GAME lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xZXAIXVB-w

its a game about a hockey player on the bonesaw team who must fight the evil referee to save his team or something ._.

Favorite indie games? Bonesaw_v1_01

also if you collect all the golden pucks in this game you get to fight a super secret boss D: (collecting them all took me months >_>Wink
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:41 pm

There can be only one king of the indie games....

Offroad....Velociraptor....Safari....

Im going to let that sink in for a bit.

*hmm-hmm-hmmmity-hmm-hmm-hmm.....ding!*

I mean, come on...you play as a Velociraptor, in a safari hat and a monacle...going around in an offroad truck, and running over other, less vehiclularly savvy, velociraptors. How can you get any better than that, people?! =O
OFFROAD VELOCIRAPTOR SAFARI

Also, for its pure evilness..."I wanna be the guy" deserves a honorable mention. It is quite possibly the most evil game ever made. Its like if Megaman 2, had sex with Battletoads...and then their offspring went and trained under Ninja Gaiden for a few years. It's THAT hard. If you love lots of pain, an extreme difficulty level (that's a massive understatement)...and lots of 8 bit gaming referrences, this game is certainly worth a look.
I Wanna be the guy
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:04 pm

rcs619 wrote:
I Wanna be the guy

You will die thousands of times. Seriously, if you don't realize this first you're really going to rage.

EDIT: Raptor Safari is win.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:37 pm

rcs619 wrote:

Also, for its pure evilness..."I wanna be the guy" deserves a honorable mention. It is quite possibly the most evil game ever made. Its like if Megaman 2, had sex with Battletoads...and then their offspring went and trained under Ninja Gaiden for a few years. It's THAT hard. If you love lots of pain, an extreme difficulty level (that's a massive understatement)...and lots of 8 bit gaming referrences, this game is certainly worth a look.
I Wanna be the guy

actually i beat that very recently after destroying my left hand in the process

/Fish/ wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
I Wanna be the guy

You will die thousands of times. Seriously, if you don't realize this first you're really going to rage.

EDIT: Raptor Safari is win.

VVVV lol how about just in the one thousands

Favorite indie games? Iwannabetheguyscreen
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 6:03 pm

Don't forget the amazing spiritual sequel to Offroad Velociraptor Safari...

Jetpack Brontosaurus

Once again, im going to give that time to sink in
.............................................................................................................................................................................okay, that should be good enough, lol.

You get to play as a Brontosaurus...in a jetpack...that flies around and does......stuff. lol. You just don't get much better than that, folks. =O

JETPACK BRONTOSAURUS
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

PostSubject: You gotta love hard games   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 11:58 pm

if a game doesn't have serious challenge then i get board quick! EPIC UBER PWNAGE for Hard games!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite indie games?   Favorite indie games? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite indie games?
Page 1 of 1