Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mimic slime

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sonik0578
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
sonik0578

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:06 pm

might take two-three post to put up thanks to me being on a ps3 browser

mimic slimes are a distant cousins to the slimoids but dont retain a humanoid form prefering to be more of a gelatonus blob. there know for there "body snatching" ability which they use to infiltrate groups of adventurers and lead/draw trouble towards them usually other mimic's.

Apperance: mimic slimes in there basic form are large violate coloured blobs of slime that can encoumpus creatures full up to 6' and are transparent.

stolen apperace: they take control of the victims body and reproduce its voice but cannot the victims memories

Behaviour: the mimic tho a slime based creature is remarkably fast and can match a jogging human in its basic form. it tends to try and ambush its prey, normally targeting lone/seperated or adventurers who lag behind the group. upon gaining its prey's body it will rejoin the group (unless the prey is alone) and steer it towards its kind. if that fails it will draw mimics towards the group through magic signaling.

Feeding: a mimic will track a group of adventurers and wait till one separates or gets to far behind before striking. 90% of the time it will drop from above and engulf its victim making sure that it covers the victims mouth first to eliminate any chance of alerting others nearby. upon fully engulfing the victim it will choke/drown the prey before forcing itself inside the dead body, taking control of it and digesting it from the inside out usually taking 5 - 10 days depending on the experience of the slime. returning to the party it will try and direct them to the next nearest mimic. should that fail it magically signals to the other nearby mimic to head towards it. once most of the party has been "turned" the mimic's will drop there descises(sp) and will directly attack the remaining members.

-note on feeding- during this "final attack" the mimics form a temporary bond with each other making a larger slime (size depends on numbers) and will reduce the digeston time of the party to only a matter of days with each slime getting a share of the energy produced.

Abilites: mimics have a small magic store which allows them to emit a magical noise that they use to communicate over distances and can only be picked up by there kind or other very sensitive magic users.
they can alter there body chemistry to be able to live in digestive juices.
extremely streach and flexable

Other: should a mimic (in descise((sp)) encounter a predator. one of two things will happen
1: it will abandon the body and hide
2: they will allow themselves to be eaten.
should the second happen they live inside the predators stomach like a parasite after adjusting there body to survive the digestive juices bonding in a way like they would with other mimics and spliting the digested food that the predator eats.

should it chose to the mimic will leave the predators stomach it would go through its digestive track and return to its old ways.

well that it. sorry its in parts like this but thats out of my control. as ever comments and criticism are welcome

Last edited by timing2 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Condensing several posts)
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 am

Well I think this is a nice and rather scary ability and pretty appropriate for a slimoid-type Smile

but when you type and idea, could you please gather it in one post ? ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
sonik0578
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
sonik0578

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 7:54 pm

i thank you karbo and apologies for the fact that it was split up. i was forced to do it that way because i dont own a proper pc/laptop so i have to use a web browser on my playstation 3 which limits how much i can put up per post. if it was possible for me (as i find it annoying myself) id put it in one post. p.s i thank you greatly for editing it into one post ^^
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:07 pm

I had a feeling that might be the case. It's easy enough for me to edit them into a single post, so don't fret over it.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
sonik0578
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
sonik0578

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:14 pm

thank you timing your a good man ^^
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:31 pm

Hmm... Unless I'm reading that wrong it seems that the slime doesn't really 'mimic,' so much as kill the host and animate it's body. That doesn't really sound like mimicry to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
sonik0578
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
sonik0578

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 1:58 pm

true in my original idea for them they would digest there victims then recreate its apperance rather than control the body but i scrapped that as it would require them to digest there victim in less than 5 mins which doesnt really make much sense if they work in packs as a lone one could eat the entire party in less than hour if given the chance. so i changed that but didnt chance the name. but i could come up with a more appropriate name for them like... corpse slime, or hades slime (just off the top of my head)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mimic slime Empty
PostSubject: Re: mimic slime   mimic slime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mimic slime
Page 1 of 1