Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time Displacement

Go down 
+8
rcs619
EliteCreature
sonik0578
JohnDoe
Prof.Nekko
Anime-Junkie
Malahite
Wildthing
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 2:56 pm

The title is far cooler than the contents of this post. What I wanted to ask was is that when Felarya opens up a portal to another plane/dimension/reailty/whatever can this portal also go through time boundries. It's something thats been niggling at me for a while. My current understanding on it is that it cant but Felarya is wierd so I'm probably wrong. Just something I'm curious about is all.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:12 pm

Technically, if connected to an infinite multiverse there is nothing prohibiting someone from visiting separate times by default. However, something tells me there's a limit in play (by the Guardians, most likely) to prevent major causality backlash. "This person went back a hundred years to warn his people of [x] invasion. Because of this, his people were saved. Relating the tale to his people of the land that made his journey possible, many went on a search to find Felarya. Eventually finding it, they found it before he wound up in Felarya and - unintentionally - made it so that he would be unable to arrive in the first place. because of this, said [x] invasion now flourished, and to prevent further time-stream mucking [x] race invaded Felarya, overturning a certain part of the ecosystem (still partially in the past) and thus somehow leading to Anna being turned not into a Naga, but a Dridder. This in turn..."

Guardians: "Oh sod this." *Set things back to how they were*
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 pm

The Akaptor desert allows time travel, though it usually results in death from the dangers that roam in the past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:12 pm

well time travel I don't know too much about being able to travel through time on Felarya, but it's highly possible that since Felarya is it's own dimension, it's possible that the others that link to it may have a different flow of time then Felarya.
ex.
Dude: well I'm off on adventures! *goes through dimensional portal*
*returns*
HA! After 10 years I finally return home, my girlfriend must miss me!
Dude's wife: hun it's been 8 minutes, but now you're too old for me so I'm dumping you.
Dude: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Prof.Nekko wrote:
well time travel I don't know too much about being able to travel through time on Felarya, but it's highly possible that since Felarya is it's own dimension, it's possible that the others that link to it may have a different flow of time then Felarya.
ex.
Dude: well I'm off on adventures! *goes through dimensional portal*
*returns*
HA! After 10 years I finally return home, my girlfriend must miss me!
Dude's wife: hun it's been 8 minutes, but now you're too old for me so I'm dumping you.
Dude: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But I thought people in Felarya didn't age?

Maybe in the desert they do because the healing effect is weaker?
Back to top Go down
sonik0578
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
sonik0578

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 8:27 pm

yeah people dont age regular in felarya compared to there own world but they must be there a long time for it to work on them (if i remember correctly)
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: so there IS one human adv.   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 pm

humanslive longer...seems to me like a reason humans would go to felarya.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:39 am

EliteCreature wrote:
humans live longer...seems to me like a reason humans would go to felarya.
Most misinformed comment EVER Laughing
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:42 am

anime....look at the comment above mine Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 1:33 am

Honestly, I doubt that time travel is possible in Felarya. There are already dimensional mechanisms in place to allow physically impossible beings to exist, to mimic the functions of a normal world, to ensure that Felarya only links up to specific kinds of worlds (worlds that are habitable to humanoid creatures, or already are) etc. I doubt that whatever force keeps the balance would let something like time travel happen..given that time paradoxes have a habit of completely wiping things out.

I imagine Felarya runs in a linear path through time, just like the rest of the universe. If you allow time travel, a whole new can of worms is opened, and destruction is ensured.

As for the aging on Felarya. A person in Felarya will age normally, up to a certain point. Once they reach the age where any futher aging begins to degrade their bodies (usually mid to late twenties in humans), they stop aging. No one born in Felarya ever aged past their physical prime. People who appear older would have come to Felarya at that age. The healing factor would kick in immediately, preventing further aging.

From what has been discussed, the healing factor's main fuction is to prevent physical degredation caused by aging. Once the body begins to decay, even a little, it kicks in and stops aging, rendering the person "immortal" in a sense. It also seems to super-charge the person's immune system, so that they are immune to most diseases, or suffer very little effect. The only way to get "sick" on Felarya, it seems, is from curses or parasites. The healing factor also super-charges the body's natural healing ability. It isn't instant, but it works a lot faster. Injuries that would take months to heal (broken bones, for example), might heal in a couple weeks.

You can still die though, of course. Mortal wounds are entirely possible, and continuous, rapid damage from things like fire, acid, etc are just as lethal as they are anywhere else. Basically, any non-lethal wound is ALWAYS non-lethal. It will eventually heal, and there seems to be little to no chance of an infection, due to the increases to the immune system.

....kinda got off-topic there ^_^; , but I figured I'd post that, since discussion of the healing factor was coming up.

Either way, I doubt the possibility of time travel, for practical reasons, and because that really isn't a path that needs to be opened, in my opinion anyway. It would just cause more confusion and harm than anything else (like time travel nearly always does =P).

But that's just my two cents on it.
Back to top Go down
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 am

Thanks for clearing this up. My aim was to have a character meet up with a peron from about 10 years before they were born. Doesn't matter though, that's one thing I can scratch off my to do list Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:07 am

Anime...why am i misinformed...i can't figure that one out....i was just saying that humans might find imortality as something they would want and would brave the dangers of Felarya for it.
Back to top Go down
DeviantDiscordian
Hero
Hero
DeviantDiscordian

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:09 am

It's because they'd get eaten way before they reached that lofty goal.
Back to top Go down
http://one---winged---angel.deviantart.com/
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 am

......but someone just posted that you stop aging either the second you reach your prime...or if you arrive after your prime...you just stop aging.
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 am

Indeed, old age would never be the cause of death in Felarya.

And if you stayed in a "safe" location, you'd be effectively immortal.

But humans who travel out in the wild have to contend with the fact that predators can and do hunt them.
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: hmmm?   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:27 am

aren't there human cities in which preds never go to?
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:31 am

There sure are. http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Negav
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 11:49 am

It was a joke. But the average life span of a human in Felarya would be very low.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
It was a joke. But the average life span of a human in Felarya would be very low.
Indeed. The average for every culture and race seems to be: Age you are considered to reach adulthood, +1 Year. When a child, you're likely still in a settlement so you don't have to worry. Once you start exploring, however, your "will I survive to see the sun rise tomorrow?" average is - unless with one of the few competent convoys / parties / etcetera - almost negligible.
Back to top Go down
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Back on topic? If any time displacement occured, the guardian Notys would likely be at fault. And it probably wouldn't be too long before she would likely return and correct such a thing..
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
vegeta002
Hero
Hero
vegeta002

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:16 pm

Saironthis wrote:
And it probably wouldn't be too long before she would likely return and correct such a thing..
You mean like she 'fixed' Anna?

Assuming it was her, at least...
Back to top Go down
http://vegeta002.deviantart.com/
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:33 pm

vegeta002 wrote:
Assuming it was her, at least...

Ah, yes. But since everything goes crazy in those ultra rare moments she appears, she might have a bit of a chaotic personality (Speculation, of course) And just felt like leaving Anna in her naga state. Hmm..
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
EliteCreature
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
EliteCreature

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: sure   Time Displacement Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:33 pm

or she could just feel like being a dueshe and change her just for the fun of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time Displacement Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Displacement   Time Displacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Displacement
Page 1 of 1