Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Species doodles

Go down 
+19
PrinnyDood
Grave
Wildthing
Zoekin
timing2
Prof.Nekko
Tuc135
Asuroth
/Fish/
French snack
Archmage_Bael
spike833
Anime-Junkie
Pendragon
Silent_eric
GREGOLE
Reptillian
gwadahunter2222
Karbo
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:11 am

Well like you may have seen on DA, I'm planning to do a little serie of doodles pages about little known species of Felarya.
First were the mantoids. I'm curious to know if there is some races or sub-species of Felarya that you would like to see in particular in those doodles in the future Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:23 am

I hesitate between Chlaenas, gyspa, miaxis, sphinx, centaurs or elves. But I will vote more Chlaenas they have no illustrations and they hava great varieties of subspecies. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:47 am

elementals, Ariformids, rarely mentioned harpy sub species^^
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:02 am

Casey says harpies.

The obscure races like chalaenas, gyspas, miaxi, centaurs, etc.... those don't have many representatives. There wouldn't be much to draw, and not much to hook people into learning more.
I think as the series goes on, more people will be interested in the obscure races and want to create more characters of them, but right now I think it'd be best to get through the more "mainstream" races first. Besides, it gives folks time to create characters based on other races.

Besides, there was a time when harpies were as obscure as any of the others. That changed quickly.

Alternatively, dridders or dryads might be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:49 am

Being the Human guy, I'll list off a few prey societies for consideration.

Firstly, the Akaraptor Nomads. Those guys are just awesome. Arabian Nights: On Stilts

Second, A look at the Deluran base with their rusting steel.

Third fourth and fifth, Rosic Nekos. That will be an adorable picture and you know it. Alternatively Vithe nekos, or the Scorching Claws and their harpy allies.

Sixth, The Lit Ciggy. On second thought, while that would be cool, we already have a picture of Negav, and while a bar scene in Felarya would be an interesting twist, we want things that will engender interest in lesser known quantities in Felarya.

Seventh, Arale. Poor Arale. It's been so long since she's been drawn.

Eighth, Sphinxes, either in their rivalry with Harpies, or in their capacity as guardians of some dungeon or another. Milkadis temple or Lataran temple.

Ninth, A Tiny society. Perhaps a city or a village.

And Finally, Tenth. Now that Heaven and Hell are more fleshed out, perhaps some sort of image of that. Maybe an Angel Oth and her attendents.
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:29 am

I know it isn't a species, but could you draw that ever so mysterious Ur-Sagol Portal? I've always wanted to know what it looked like in person.

Also, maybe a few slug girls. Everyone else here basically said the rest of the species I was hoping to see. ^^
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:50 am

Silent_eric wrote:
Being the Human guy, I'll list off a few prey societies for consideration.

Firstly, the Akaraptor Nomads. Those guys are just awesome. Arabian Nights: On Stilts

Second, A look at the Deluran base with their rusting steel.

Third fourth and fifth, Rosic Nekos. That will be an adorable picture and you know it. Alternatively Vithe nekos, or the Scorching Claws and their harpy allies.

Sixth, The Lit Ciggy. On second thought, while that would be cool, we already have a picture of Negav, and while a bar scene in Felarya would be an interesting twist, we want things that will engender interest in lesser known quantities in Felarya.

Seventh, Arale. Poor Arale. It's been so long since she's been drawn.

Eighth, Sphinxes, either in their rivalry with Harpies, or in their capacity as guardians of some dungeon or another. Milkadis temple or Lataran temple.

And Finally, Tenth. Now that Heaven and Hell are more fleshed out, perhaps some sort of image of that. Maybe an Angel Oth and her attendents.
What he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
spike833
Marauder of the deep jungle
spike833

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:42 am

I haven't seen anyone else do something with the titans like Alcazath and his Tedrek Titan pals.

As much of a giantess fan and a voraphile I am, I think it would be more interesting to see more fuana art looking at creatures like Titan Chameleons, some more Tonorions, Flying Squids, Negative Hydras, and others.

I would also like to see more of General Angashrak "The Annihilator"! He has this cool shinigami warrior vibe to him!

I'm a huge fan of Felarya, and I like the girls, but I stayed for the creative potential this world has, and thats why I enjoy partaking in it.If it was nothing but nude, nude, nude, vore, vore, vore, I would have left real quickly.

I think it would show what a great range of things you can draw up.

I've talked to some third party individuals and they have questioned the creativity here (of course, some of this was stirred up in defense of my work, and I have had to calm them down numerous times).

Last edited by G-Man1989 on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:24 am

we have very limited visual confirmation of "Kensha Beasts" too.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:39 am

I have an elven Archmage I would LOVE to see drawn.
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:33 am

I'd love to see more slug girls. Other than that:

Silent_eric wrote:

And Finally, Tenth. Now that Heaven and Hell are more fleshed out, perhaps some sort of image of that.

I fully support those suggestions. Smile

Call me biased, but seeing a society of tomthumbs (or other tinies) in Negav, or in the forest, would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Let's see. Squamataurs, slug-girls and chlaena come to mind the most. Some of the more variating sub-species, such as the dridder argyrones and maybe some harpy sub-species as well.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:13 pm

why would subspecies count? I would think you'd want to have the general species down first. for the most part a dridder is still a dridder.
Back to top Go down
Asuroth
Asuroth

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 pm

So many choices...hmm but if I were to have to choose it'd be something in the ballpark of chilotaurs, dridders (ok maybe not technically a minor race but the doodles could do work towards making them seem like less 'bad guys' on first glance!), and I guess sphynx/pantuars. I'm sure we will enjoy whatever comes up next- oh and the Akaraptor nomads one sounds like it could be fun too.
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Tuc135
Hero
Hero
Tuc135

Location : Chances are between someone's esophagus and duodenum

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Hows about a River harpy or a Terra elf?

Sorry for the shameless plug, I know they aren't canon. Yet.
Back to top Go down
Prof.Nekko
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Prof.Nekko

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:36 pm

I like the harpies idea, but general harpies just seem too obvious. we need some of the minor breeds of harpies from the wiki like Rock harpies or banshees or Trochili
Back to top Go down
timing2
timing2

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing animals in general - from tiny starkala bugs to enormous flying squid - basically anything listed in the fauna sections of the wiki. You could do a doodle sheet for each specific area or break it down by sizes. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://timing2.deviantart.com
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:17 pm

I definately would like to see more Chilotaurs and maybe the Groomers. Harpys too.

Arale also gets my vote as does Lily to be included in a sketch someday should it be appropiate. We hardly see them.

Animals in general is another idea I can agree with. And plants! I'd love to see the Podmaw again. Or the Sackvine.

Leppy-"Why don't you just say "EVERYTHING" and be done with it?"

Last edited by Zoekin on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:25 pm

vote for what?
Back to top Go down
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Zoekin wrote:
Plants! I'd love to see the Podmaw again.

GENIUS! Why didn't I think of that? But nevermind the podmaw and all the other carniverous plants. Everyone knows the least used thing of all are the flora. I dare you, no, I defy you to find a single instance of a flora being used in a story. One of the named ones, not just trees or bushes or some scenery like that. I mean Chritu Ivy, or Alondra, or Carinra or Clampet Plants... I could go on and on. As Felarya's leading botanist I say let's go plant life!
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Asuroth
Asuroth

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 11:56 pm

Actually I made a quick reference to a group of explorers spending the night in a clampet plant in one of my stories (I also made a reference to a rain willow as well in a different one, and a couple of the named minerals lol). I'm fairly sure I've read other stories including the Podmaw before, but not often as well. Busted!
Back to top Go down
http://asuroth.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 3:10 am

Thank you very much for your suggestions everybody ^_^
I admit there is many things I didn't thought off here. Well more things to put on my list lol!
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 5:58 am

I agree with Slient Eric, I'd love to see some Deluran pics, a bit of knoledge on their exact tech level would be nice, I am having a little trouble pinning it down exactly so far Razz
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 6:31 pm

I think elementals and slimoids would be fun to see.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:29 am

also it depends on how known/unknown something really is. some species would be classified in a different order that way. species/civilization whatever... Razz

i think more people actually know about chlaena and kensha than people think. thats how it seems to me though. probably mistaken though, it wouldnt be the first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Species doodles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Species doodles   Species doodles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Species doodles
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next