Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

petal UPDATED!!!

Go down 
+5
GREGOLE
asaenvolk
Archmage_Bael
/Fish/
Plant_Girl_23
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Name: Petal
Sex: Female
Species: (unknown)
Height: 60ft

Petal's skin is a strange green colour, and has a leeaflike texture, her head looks like an unbloomed flower with mouse like black eyes and a mouth.emerging from her back are four little worm like things, green like her skin these worm like tentacles can reach up to 30ft away from Petal's body, two of the tentacles have flowers on that spray spores to stun her enemy. She has four legs that are more like thick Vines than actual legs, she can run quite fast using these reaching a maximum speed of 200mph dependant on her mood. She has four arms on her upper torso with human like hands and like the rest of her body they are green. A strange feature about petal is that she has a natural pocket like someone would have on a jacket, exept it seems to go on foreever, and she has been seen pulling all mannor of stranges objects from it ffor example a double decker bus. Petal has one stomach but she also has a storage sack directly above her stomach, she uses this to store meals for later, or her human friends if they wanted to see what being eaten was like without the danger of digestion. The pouch is roomy and you could fit a total of three houses within it, it is also capable of supporting life and it has a nice strawberry smell.

Despite popular belief, Petal is not the last of her kind, or so she says she has forgotten what species she is and even what her age is. Despite this Petal does her best to act young and may seem a bit hyperactive at times, she likes giving gifts to random strangers as it makes her feel a lot better about the loss of her universe. This doesn't stop her from eating Humans or Neko's but she doesn't eat Elves for personal reasons she does not know. Her calm and cheerfull nature makes her seem like she is safe to aproach but that is not the case.

It is quite easy to get off Petal's menu, most of the time anyway if she offers you some cake or other type of food mostly it will be cake, it means that she does not see you as food, as well if yyour with a child then your not food, but your child may end up in her stomach dependant on the age. Another way to get off her menu is pretty basic don't get caught, if she catches you when she's hungry there's no reasoning with her, your lunch. it is also helps if your a help as she sees elves as family more than food.

Not surprissingly Petal finds herself more at home in the grove of carnivouros plant, as she feels that is what she is, a carnivorous plant, she also considers herself part elf, it is not known why but she does vaguely remember from her childhood that she had an elf sister. Which is the main reason she does not eat elves, though food is kind of hard to come by in the grove as the other plants tend to beat her to the prey, this does not worry petal as she finds she can sustain herself on a honey that she produces like sweat.

Assimilation is what Petal calls her ability to mimic Felaryan species, for example if she wanted to be a naga her legs would combine togethor to form a naga like tail, though the top of her body remains the same her bottom half can be different it can mimic any type of species that Takes petals fancy though her plant like features remain.

An interesting fact about Petal's storage sack is that it heals injuries exeptionally fast, it even heals mortal wounds, but Petal only heals those who have earned her trust, she won't heal just any random stranger she sees, with exeption of course.

Last edited by Plant_Girl_23 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:23 pm

She seems pretty interesting, with her unique bodily design. I suppose she'd be close to a dryad functionally (or maybe more fittingly, a nature elemental?), and her 'hammerspace' pockets can probably be attributed to some form of spacial dimensional magic. Very powerful dimensional magic it would seem.

She seems overall like a nice character with some quirks. You mention 'human friends', so is that more of an example of a 'prey' species that she could possibly befriend? Any examples of friendships with humans/demihumans? How difficult would it be to get out of being seen as prey?

Since she seems to have extensive memory loss about her past, maybe a tad bit of explanation about why she counts elves off her menu would help. Could be something along the lines of 'Elves seem to have a strong connection with something she's forgotten and come across as very familiar to her. This familiarity fascinates her and so she's much less likely to eat them.'
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 1:37 am

Added some information about surviving Petal.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 12:11 pm

I have finally finished Petals complete bio though I may add to it later.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:07 pm

It looks great, like a species mixed with flora and dryads and with a touch of the imagination to it. ^^
Back to top Go down
asaenvolk
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
asaenvolk

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:29 pm

200mph??! and here i thought 30-50mph would be fast for something like her.
Back to top Go down
http://asaenvolk.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:51 pm

Well I guess using vines instead of feet makes things a bit more "flexible" hehe.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Quote :
as well if yyour with a child then your not food, but your child may end up in her stomach dependant on the age

Perhaps you could elaborate on this bit? It doesn't really make any sense.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 5:07 pm

If I'm reading it right GREGOLE, it looks like Petal enjoys Babyback Ribs much more than "regular" Prey. As such, if you have a child with you she'll 'OM NOM NOM' the child but leave you be. Like picking the pepperoni off pizza but leaving the slices.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:27 pm

i prefer to leave the pepperoni and eat the pizza.

j/k. actually i'll eat a pizza even if there's anchovies. XD
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 6:29 pm

I actually like that part the best about the character. Quite a few preds have the "don't eat children" gene. Finally the little wretches have something to watch out for. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 7:05 pm

the invasion of the children! the preds most fearsome enemy!
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:47 am

added some new infor and the beginning of a new charector bio.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:39 am

*UPDATED*
Back to top Go down
French snack
French snack

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:55 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
I actually like that part the best about the character. Quite a few preds have the "don't eat children" gene. Finally the little wretches have something to watch out for. Very Happy

Laughing

Although I don't think there's that many preds who refuse to eat children. There's Katrika, of course; maybe Fiona; possibly Jora, due to her policy of "don't eat it if it isn't here voluntarily"? Other than that, I assume most preds will eat a human despite its age. It's just a bit of a taboo subject, so it's never been clearly established one way or the other.

As for Petal, she does sound quite interesting, with an unusual body design. I'm a bit surprised at the "she can sustain herself on a honey that she produces like sweat" line, though. Her body naturally produces sustenance for her? Wouldn't that be self-defeating? I mean, if nutrients are coming out of her body to go back in, isn't that a net loss in nutritional terms? Or is the honey made from processing food that's not directly absorbable as nutrients? I'm just trying to figure out how that works.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 8:34 am

French snack wrote:
Jætte_Troll wrote:

Laughing

Although I don't think there's that many preds who refuse to eat children. There's Katrika, of course; maybe Fiona; possibly Jora, due to her policy of "don't eat it if it isn't here voluntarily"? Other than that, I assume most preds will eat a human despite its age. It's just a bit of a taboo subject, so it's never been clearly established one way or the other.

As for Petal, she does sound quite interesting, with an unusual body design. I'm a bit surprised at the "she can sustain herself on a honey that she produces like sweat" line, though. Her body naturally produces sustenance for her? Wouldn't that be self-defeating? I mean, if nutrients are coming out of her body to go back in, isn't that a net loss in nutritional terms? Or is the honey made from processing food that's not directly absorbable as nutrients? I'm just trying to figure out how that works.

The only thing I could think of would be either getting the energy from the sun, water, or soil like regular plants. However, the technical term for the substance would then be nectar. Also, it would also be a bit of a circuitous route to sustenance then. Unless it's a way to "store" sustenance for a later time when its more needed.
Back to top Go down
Plant_Girl_23
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:29 pm

*REMOVED*

Last edited by Plant_Girl_23 on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Ohh, pretty.

Only thing I'd say is that the head doesn't look quite right to me.

And maybe some more streamlining around the waist.

Sorry, know it's not your drawing.

Anyways, cool.
Back to top Go down
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:40 am

The furry face is throwing me off here.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:12 am

/Fish/ wrote:
The furry face is throwing me off here.
Agreed. Isn't petal a plant morph? So why does she have a feline-esque face?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

petal UPDATED!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: petal UPDATED!!!   petal UPDATED!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

petal UPDATED!!!
Page 1 of 1