Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Race Idea - Orvans

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
13yearoldgamer
Tasty morsel

Race  Idea - Orvans Empty
PostSubject: Race Idea - Orvans   Race  Idea - Orvans Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi there! Not sure if this would fit into the felarya universe but this is my first post and I personally think these guys are cool! I hope there not too similar to elemental's Laughing...

P.S: I am only 13 as stated in my username so please take that into consideration when reading this.

Orvans are omnivorous humanoids that grow to around 5 and a half feet well with the exception of a few sub-races. Their appearance varies on the subspecies however they all are very similar in appearance to humans. They are from a world called Elamenten which has been connected to Felarya for many years. They have extensive control of magic which varies depending on the subspecies.

Orvans are considered "Borrowers" of technology. They incorporate technologies from all over the universe. They have grown a huge fondness of video games and entertainment in general and have even incorporated them into their religions! They also have recently started using and building a piece of technolgy called the "Dimension Drive" which basically is a warp drive run on Dimensional magic. They use this power to travel all over the universe in an instance thus giving them even more technology to add to their culture.

Orvans no matter what subspecies have a special racial magic ability. They can double or even triple their magic power for a short peroid of time and some can even alter their body at will when they do this. However this puts a massive amount of stress on their body and if used too much can even kill them. Thus they usually only use this ability as a last resort.

There were originally 6 types of Orvans however through the centuries there has been quite a bit of interbreeding thus mixed elementoids have acurd.

The Liquid Orvans: These Orvans are in appearance humans with mer like ears and webbed feet. They generally have blue hair. They can breathe underwater, though prefer living on the land, and are masters of water magic. Some of the most experienced Liquoids can even control ice.

The Flame Orvans: Human in apperance but with elven like ears and eyes that look like there on fire. They can survive in even the hottest fire and can even swim in lava. Generally have orange hair. They are masters of fire magic.

The Electric Orvans: Looks like humans but only about 3 feet tall and have yellow hair. Masters of lightning and electric magic and often are the main suppliers of electricty in Orvan citys.

The Windvans: The smallest of Orvoids only about a foot tall and have blue skin and wings. Masters of air magic.

The Angel Orvans: They are the largest of the Orvans but still tiny, about 6 feet at most. They also have wings and a halo attached to their head. Masters of light magic.

The Shadow Orvans: Around the same size as the Angel Orvans. Very spiteful and often plan to take over the Orvans race. Masters of Dark and Shadow magic.

Pant! That took forever!!!
laugh alone

Last edited by 13yearoldgamer on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea - Orvans   Race  Idea - Orvans Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 4:10 pm

I like the idea of a race of "borrowers"... That part is nice, and I think it works... The rest seems kinda corny, to be completely honest. Also, perhaps using "-oids" a might be avoided. Ultimate form seems a bit too cartoonish, as well. I think perhaps you should go in a slightly different direction with them, but the base idea of a bunch of humanoids with different subspecies that are proficient at magic and borrow their resources and technology is a pretty darn good idea.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. I'm sure you'll fit in here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
13yearoldgamer
Tasty morsel

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea - Orvans   Race  Idea - Orvans Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 12:24 pm

Alright thanks! I guess I am too big of a sonic fan which is were I got the ultimate form idea... I'll change it a bit...

Edit: Any better?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race Idea - Orvans   Race  Idea - Orvans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Race Idea - Orvans
Page 1 of 1