Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)

Go down 
+8
Malahite
GREGOLE
/Fish/
Jætte_Troll
Stabs
Archmage_Bael
Reptillian
pyrryn
12 posters
AuthorMessage
pyrryn
Helpless prey
pyrryn

The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Empty
PostSubject: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:35 am

The Forbidden Ones are a type of hybrid sub race where the parents of the being are opposites in nature (examples Angels+Demons, Living+Dead, Fire+Water you get the idea) predictably the child of this unnatural breeding either dies right after birth due to its conflicting internal magic or it spends the rest of its life running away from the two contributing race. The appearance of a forbidden one ranges from stunning to beyond horrifying and are usually about 6 feet tall and weigh about 180 pounds plus or minus 40 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 am

i like the idea of mixes and the dieing or running thing, but to decide that they all look stunning and horrifying, are 6 feet tall and weighs...

normally, every mix would be different. like the Angel+Demon mix, that might be a normal girl/guy with a halo and demon wings, or horns and angel wings... i just don't see why they would have to be condemned to being ugly.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 am

a race of angels+demons would be hard though. i dont think i can see an angel and a succubus getting together very easily ^^;

"forbidden one" sounds cool, but it reminds me of the forbidden ones from warcraft 3 frozen throne. guess it's my punishment for liking that game too much...
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:25 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
a race of angels+demons would be hard though. i dont think i can see an angel and a succubus getting together very easily ^^;
have you never heard of forbidden love??? it would be kinda like romeo and juliet... though most likely without the dieing part^^'
Back to top Go down
Stabs
Stabs

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 am

You f*ing joking? That HAS to happen! Imagine the possibilities! If a succubus and an angel get it on, and we've got a kid that's half and half, then when it gets horny... everyone in the city gets laid!

If YOU don't make this, I will!
[just joking]
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 11:15 am

lol. those two would be an interesting couple. if somehow a succubus and angel ignore the fact that ones evil and ones good lol. then we got ourselves and interesting relationship
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:37 pm

it's fantasy... it will happen sooner or later... (i was thinking about making a succubi/angel mix before this was posted(THINKING))
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:19 pm

Well, if you count Ascended Demons and Fallen Angels it wouldn't be totally impossible.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
/Fish/
Hero
Hero
/Fish/

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 2:40 pm

pyrryn wrote:
weigh about 180 pounds plus or minus 40 pounds.

You do know that's a really weird thing to specify.

As for the angel/demon supposed offspring, that's kind of funny because there exists no offspring in mythology of such that I could find. There's nephilim, half-humans, but it seems that since angels and demons are composed of kind of polar opposite energies, they would be very incompatible for producing offspring in any case.

Essentially you're just kind of listing paradoxes that don't relate to one another and would be extremely difficult to make any kind of logical sense out of in the first place, besides not being similar enough to one another in any reasonable manner to make a 'race' composed of them.
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 3:55 pm

/Fish/ wrote:
As for the angel/demon supposed offspring, that's kind of funny because there exists no offspring in mythology of such that I could find. There's nephilim, half-humans, but it seems that since angels and demons are composed of kind of polar opposite energies, they would be very incompatible for producing offspring in any case.

Essentially you're just kind of listing paradoxes that don't relate to one another and would be extremely difficult to make any kind of logical sense out of in the first place, besides not being similar enough to one another in any reasonable manner to make a 'race' composed of them.

allow me to remind you that, Felryra IS a fantasy world^^
of course there has to be a certain degree of logic, but not everything is supposed to be labeled as "impossible", in fantasy worlds, just because it most likely is.
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 4:27 pm

Quote :

That's because mythology and religion are the most biased forces in the universe, and the concept of angels and demons being genuine people is something fantasy and fantasy alone has has ever dared to explore.

As such, an angel/demon hybrid based on the definitions in the Felarya universe would be uncommon, but not unheard of.

That said, this thread is kinda pointless. An angel/demon hybrid would have absolutely nothing to do with a fire elemental/water elemental hybrid. Any traits they might share would be completely coincidental and they would have absolutely no cultural, biological or personality-based connections to one another.
Back to top Go down
pyrryn
Helpless prey
pyrryn

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:29 pm

what I find funny is that you guys did't notice the dead (by dead I meant undead) and living bit in my post oh necros are so gross and also the appearance is not one extreme or the other there are normal looking forbidden ones its just rare with some of the match ups.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 5:53 pm

pyrryn wrote:
what I find funny is that you guys did't notice the dead (by dead I meant undead) and living bit in my post oh necros are so gross and also the appearance is not one extreme or the other there are normal looking forbidden ones its just rare with some of the match ups.

Ahem.

That is because THERE ARE NO UNDEAD ON FELARYA. NECROMANTIC MAGIC DOES NOT WORK.

Anyways, this is really enough to be a race. Any sort of characters with a background like this would culturally attach themselves somewhere. There's no real point to declaring a wide swath of vastly differing "halfbreeds" their own race. This would be something address on individual basis.
Back to top Go down
pyrryn
Helpless prey
pyrryn

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:12 pm

what about Xarmaroch the undead cerberus he's an undead being sure not a humanoid but still
Back to top Go down
GREGOLE
Survivor
Survivor
GREGOLE

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 pm

Quote :
what about Xarmaroch the undead cerberus he's an undead being sure not a humanoid but still

No, he's just immortal. Big difference.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Jætte_Troll wrote:
That is because THERE ARE NO UNDEAD ON FELARYA. NECROMANTIC MAGIC DOES NOT WORK.
Vampires.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:52 pm

are those even canon? personally i though vampires were a kind of "haha" joke on the undead thing. still vampires suck blood, but they aren't "dead" which doesn't make them undead at all.
Back to top Go down
FalconJudge
Hero
Hero
FalconJudge

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Well, there's Tanya in canon... Undead stuff can exist on Felarya, just not be made here. Or at least that's what the wiki/another post on the forums (I forget which) says...
Back to top Go down
http://falconjudge2.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Would a vampire reproducing normally pass on vampire genes? Vampires bites have no effect in Felarya. Also, they aren't really undead, just cursed.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:07 am

i wouldn't even say cursed. they're a human that has bat-like properties.
Back to top Go down
pyrryn
Helpless prey
pyrryn

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:28 am

I suddenly want to watch Under world now anyway most religious beliefs say that vampires are living dead but that might not apply here
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:08 am

pyrryn wrote:
I suddenly want to watch Under world now anyway most religious beliefs say that vampires are living dead but that might not apply here

no it doesn't? vampires are pure fictional creatures, and i'm pretty sure the first vampire you ever heard of is Dracula. please correct me if you have proof that i'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:19 am

actually undead creatures can exist on Felarya., if they are made on another world and brough in tfrom there.
However necromancy don't work in Felarya indeed, meaning a zombie plague would not go very far because the zombies number wouldn't increase.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Telemachus
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 4:07 pm

(A few years late...) By the way, in "Preacher" there are a hybrid of angel and demon named Genesis; on the other hand, I read a manga hentai where a female angel (Heaven) and a male demon (Hell) fall in love one with other!!!
Myself have been thinking to make some hybrids or a race of hybrids between angels and demons (succubi).
About vampires: not every vampire is an "undead"; there are races of living vampires (which procreate as human beings), for example, in "Vampire Academy", "Black Dagger Brotherwood", "Bite Club: Vampire Crime Unit", "Underworld", and in the mangas/animes "Vampire Knight", "Rosario+Vampire", "Dance in the Vampire Bund", "Chibi Vampire" and "Fortune Arterial".
Back to top Go down
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Few? Several years later. However, i wish you to ring more heft when you're necroing a post other than to disprove a point or make a new one lightly. Otherwise it would have been better to make a new article entire on such things as. "Well has anyone thought about hybrids between angels and demons" or "How certain vampire could work to living in felarya or what definition"

Also a tidbit hint. Make sure to do some research if it has been said before of the idea and figure out new thesis's to counter or support your idea and topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)   The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forbidden Ones (aka new race idea)
Page 1 of 1