Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Empty
PostSubject: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 11:39 am

Ok, not sure if this is the right spot, but since it is basically about roleplaying i just put it here.

This thread is for all things RP, like ive noticed that there is no "how to"s on rping here, and as a result we have had some problems a few times around.

plus im experimenting with many places on different kinds of RPing, non vore or vore related alike... i almost went to Dungeons an dragons rules for different things... that sure in hell didn't last long... study

so yea, like if you know a style of rp... from what we use normally around here, new types, level systems for rps, just about anything of the sort... or even a do and don't list... idc.

plus, if you have a question rp related and are looking for an answer, put it here and if i know it il try to answer it for you, or maybe someone else can...

geek I don't know to be honest im awake for once in my life, bored and thought about this.. plus i was thinking on a rp i might put up in time but im trying to smooth out the edges of the rules first...
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Nyaha's Tips for RPing   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 pm

Since Coda took the time to make this thread, the least I can do is help out. ^.^ And I'll do so by helping Coda with questions asked, asking questions myself, and giving plain general tips. Very Happy

Nyaha's TRP #1

In general, roleplaying with other living people is a lot like being an improvisational actor, so a good number of improv techniques should apply. The first and one of the most important is to not block what another RPer tries to do. This means to just try and go with what the person is doing, even if it's a little off of the original plan. One example of when this applie in RPing is when someone else's character is trying to interact with your character, which could be anything from just staring at to attacking your character. The worst thing you can do in that situation is ignore what that character is doing or have your character continue to do the same thing regardless of what the other one tries to do. The only exception should be when it's supposed to be something difficult, for example, if your character is supposed to be very heavy, and a character who wouldn't be very strong tries to lift your character, THEN you could, in a way, block them while not throwing away what they're trying to do, such as by crushing that character. XD
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:07 pm

good tip, i know exactly what that is like... lol...

ok, here's something I've got. related to a common event found in a lot of questing type rps...

There is no such thing as a master of last minute events... what i mean is, when your character is backed into a corner by a giant monster, and hes holding a dagger... chances are that dagger is NOT going to grow into a longsword and he does an aerial flip and jams it down into the monster's head. sorry, unless you jacked the thing from the Thundercats show and managed to say thunderthunderthundercatsho! in half a second.... I REALLY doubt that is going to happen, but yet we don't want to see the guy get his head bitten off or around here, we don't want to here a loud Gulp...ok maybe not all of us want to hear that...>.>

and if per say that character magically kills the monster or something of the sort just out of nowhere, odds are you just got branded god modder... so few tips...

1. try to prevent that from happening if you don't have that last minute thing of hairspray and a lighter (you know what i mean)

2. make sure whoever is doing the monster knows that and try to negotiate how to make it work.

3. if worst comes to worse, notify any third or fourth person in the rp if the monster guy is not listening, and try to come up with something last minute, but if they can't help....

RANDOM SHOOP DA WHOOP! BLARG!!!!

im sure everyone will understand... >.<
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 2:44 pm

if you lose interest in an rp... don't just leave it hanging T_T' sign your characters out in a way so that the rest can still keep the rp going.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Reptillian wrote:
if you lose interest in an rp... don't just leave it hanging T_T' sign your characters out in a way so that the rest can still keep the rp going.

Good point, also, by joining an rp in the first place you are telling the others that you are IN THAT RP, so if you leave without signing them out like that or something and everyone gets mad. They have a good reason. also don't be an ass and join an rp for you to later "decide" when you are going to post, you don't have that right... if you want to decide when you want to post, then go rp with a mirror. because doing that is really disrespectful.

btw ty for adding something reptilian...
Back to top Go down
Reptillian
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
Reptillian

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 pm

np and i have another.

when in an rp with several persons... give others some time to reply before two or three rp'ers post two pages in a few hours. not everyone has the same timezones and it sucks to get left behind in a cloud of posts.
Back to top Go down
http://snicer.deviantart.com/
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:45 pm

i recommend that to plantgirl and furrykurry, because they are new... and need to learn that one lol.
Back to top Go down
Nyaha
Eternal Optimist
Eternal Optimist
Nyaha

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Hahahahah!! ^^; Sorry! I thought that might be a problem, nyu.... *face turns red* I'll try to work on that.
Back to top Go down
http://tanoshiiatsu.deviantart.com/
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 pm

I have a saying concerning such things:

"A roleplay is like a dance. Do it right, and it will be beautiful. Step on your partners feet, however, and it will quickly fall apart" -Warrior3000

To elaborate, it's basically meaning to be considerate and think of your fellow roleplayer's. While I'm not saying conform to their expectations entirely, it is always nice to at least take what they prefer from such a thing into mind.

On another point, proper grammar is a rule of thumb (or so I would LIKE to think). A frequent annoyance for me is reading through a post and seeing repeated errs that should've been glaring to anyone well practiced in English. Such things as using lower case 'i's when referring to ones self instead of the proper capital is a typo that could easily be avoided, and make the whole affair less of an eye sore.

Lastly, repetition, unless used specifically for effect of emphasis, can also prove a challange when describing action sequences in a roleplay. Personally, I always try to find ways to vary my sentences via the use of synonyms and the like.

For example:

"____ ran faster to get away from the naga"

That's a bit boring, so it could be changed to something along the lines of:

"____ increased their pace, so as to escape the naga"

That sounds much better, don't you think? Such simple modifications can easily take a roleplay from mediocrity straight to decency, or even goodness if done well enough.

That's really all the advice I have to offer for now. Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 5:48 pm

O_o, yea... I appreciate it... a lot...

but you do raise a few points, i have the plague of lower case Is because i don't type normally, so the letter i and shift key manage to become impossible to press together unless i I look down at the keyboard...

and also changing some words around does make things sound better. but you also have to take into consideration that some people lack the ability to even repeat themselves without error around here, no names, and no disrespect to anyone. Neutral

but yea, those are definitely things to think about and touch up on for me... and maybe some other people.

Oh! and now that you've brought up repetition, I would like to bring up that its rather pointless to explain something more then once after an action, if someone is missing a leg and tripped, after they fall you don't have to bring up that they are in fact missing said leg, because everyone already knows.

what I'm trying to get at, is that you don't have to repeat something that is explaining a character or object... i decided i would say this is because a few people do this.... a lot... Suspect

once again no names.
Back to top Go down
midir
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 7:51 am

Hello here, i want to make a small introduction

I have several questions. Look, i'm a pretty novice player here, i don't know the world of Felarya that much. Although, i like the idea of a giant world, where all the characters' stories are interconnected, and where even the most smallest and insignificant character do exist - so it can be killed only once (afaik). And, well, i think it's a bit childish but i really do love maps Very Happy I think they actually help you to feel yourself as a part of the world.

So i want to participate in RP in some way. Is it possible to play outside of the forum - in AIM, for example? How do i find... other players (looks like there're not too much RPers here, though)? A bit more skilled in Felarya-lore. Also i'm not a native speaker, and i think it's almost impossible, but maybe there're exist some Russian-speaking people here, since my Russian is much more nice than my English and i want to have a really cute Felarya-RP Embarassed
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 am

this isn't the introduction thread... lol.. the intro thread is in general discussion, this is for Role Play discussion. Neutral
Back to top Go down
midir
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 1:22 pm

oh, ok . I didn't notice it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
codaman
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 5:42 pm

no worries
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)   Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Thread (ideas, types, ect)
Page 1 of 1