Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Water of Felarya

Go down 
+8
Karbo
French snack
Shady Knight
Zoekin
Jætte_Troll
VenomX3000
Oldman40k2003
AisuKaiko
12 posters
AuthorMessage
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

The Water of Felarya Empty
PostSubject: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:56 pm

While I was writing, one of my characters drunk from a river. It got me to thinking...

Does the water have any effects comparable to the soil? Even if magic didn't seep into the water as it did with the soil, flowing rivers dissolve a lot of their bed, which means that a lot of this magical soil would be a component of the water.

I'm sure beings in the wilderness often drink directly from rivers and springs and the like. Living on the soil is one thing, but what benefits would come from consuming it? No one would actually eat the dirt, but dirt dissolved in drinking water would often find its way into the bellies of all living beings on Felarya.

tl;dr version: Is the water as epic as the soil, either because of the same reason the soil is, or because the soil is in it?
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
While I was writing, one of my characters drunk from a river. It got me to thinking...

Does the water have any effects comparable to the soil? Even if magic didn't seep into the water as it did with the soil, flowing rivers dissolve a lot of their bed, which means that a lot of this magical soil would be a component of the water.

I'm sure beings in the wilderness often drink directly from rivers and springs and the like. Living on the soil is one thing, but what benefits would come from consuming it? No one would actually eat the dirt, but dirt dissolved in drinking water would often find its way into the bellies of all living beings on Felarya.

tl;dr version: Is the water as epic as the soil, either because of the same reason the soil is, or because the soil is in it?

This is a very interesting question, one that I don't think has been asked before. Shocked

I could totally see the water having a healing effect similar to, but lesser than, the soil. There are some interesting implications to watch out for though, one being that if the minerals in the soil contain the magic themselves then evaporating the water would leave behind minerals (like calcite), concentrating all of that magic into a small space. Basically if you evaporated enough water you would end up with really potent, water soluble, pill sized healing crystals. Another implication would be that sedimentary formations (assuming they (and tectonic plates) exist on Felarya) like limestone, gypsum, and halite (rock-salt), would essentially be giant veins of easily mined concentrated magic. Yet another implication is that if the water or the minerals in the water are magical, people that drink the water would become magical as well, by two processes. Process one is the fact that the human body is mostly made of water, so if we drink some magical water then we are partially made of magical water. Process two is the fact that the human body incorporates minerals from the food and water we consume into our bones and teeth; fluoridation works on this principle. Because of this people who live on Felarya for any length of time would start getting magical elements incorporated into their bones and teeth, and the longer they were there, the more magical elements. Given that you will live forever if you aren't eaten, some of the longest living creatures ought to have bones that are totally made of magical elements and thus would presumably be really magically potent.

I can see it now, using the thigh bone of a 200 year old neko (don't ask how it survived that long) as the base of a magical wand, with a large calcite crystal embedded in the top, all done because of these item's extremely concentrated magical nature.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:00 pm

this is pretty interestin. now i have a good way to incorporate magic into my story. gotta love yalls wicked minds of comprehension. no stone left unturned. but heres the thing. if they began to drink the water and add to their magical element, then what element would they gain? you would think, for example: if they just drank the water then they would gain some kind of water magic of the sort. now would there be other ways to gain another element such as fire, ice, wind, lightning, etc.?
Back to top Go down
http://venomx3000.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 10:43 pm

Good points with the minerals in the water remaining in the body. Finally, all those video games where you can refill your mana by drinking make sense! If you're exhausted from using a lot of magic, drinking some water can give you a "quick fix".
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 12:25 am

I like this idea a lot. A spring that had it's source in an rich vein of ascarlin crystal would certainly have interesting story potentional.

So that's where the Fountain of Youth was. Felarya.

(And I expect the Fountain of Breast Enlargement is there too)

Also I guess if this is the case the fish in Felarya would be really healthy too-even magical
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:57 am

Oldman40k2003 wrote:
AisuKaiko wrote:

This is a very interesting question, one that I don't think has been asked before. Shocked

I could totally see the water having a healing effect similar to, but lesser than, the soil. There are some interesting implications to watch out for though, one being that if the minerals in the soil contain the magic themselves then evaporating the water would leave behind minerals (like calcite), concentrating all of that magic into a small space. Basically if you evaporated enough water you would end up with really potent, water soluble, pill sized healing crystals. Another implication would be that sedimentary formations (assuming they (and tectonic plates) exist on Felarya) like limestone, gypsum, and halite (rock-salt), would essentially be giant veins of easily mined concentrated magic. Yet another implication is that if the water or the minerals in the water are magical, people that drink the water would become magical as well, by two processes. Process one is the fact that the human body is mostly made of water, so if we drink some magical water then we are partially made of magical water. Process two is the fact that the human body incorporates minerals from the food and water we consume into our bones and teeth; fluoridation works on this principle. Because of this people who live on Felarya for any length of time would start getting magical elements incorporated into their bones and teeth, and the longer they were there, the more magical elements. Given that you will live forever if you aren't eaten, some of the longest living creatures ought to have bones that are totally made of magical elements and thus would presumably be really magically potent.

I can see it now, using the thigh bone of a 200 year old neko (don't ask how it survived that long) as the base of a magical wand, with a large calcite crystal embedded in the top, all done because of these item's extremely concentrated magical nature.
I partly addressed the mineral in the soil part as a small crystal called Aether. Sue me for unoriginality.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
French snack
French snack

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:11 am

That's a very interesting twist indeed. Though perhaps the healing properties of the water would be so diffuse that it adds little compared to what you get from the ambiant magic emanating from the ground?
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm

Ah, interesting. I like the idea of the magic building up in the body. Perhaps those that often drink this water would eventually gain some sort of magical potential regardless of their race? Or maybe it just sits there without any ability to use it. Hmmm...
Back to top Go down
Zoekin
Grand-pop
Grand-pop
Zoekin

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Ah, interesting. I like the idea of the magic building up in the body. Perhaps those that often drink this water would eventually gain some sort of magical potential regardless of their race? Or maybe it just sits there without any ability to use it. Hmmm...

Well-that explains Vivian's chest. It's a mana store.
Back to top Go down
http://tanyastoviaka.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:32 pm

Like others said I think it's a very interesting subject Razz I imagine that depending on the type of ground that make the bed of a river you could have different effects.
And now I'm thinking that one of the reason the Sagoilan were essentially a people made of mages was maybe because either the Jadong lake or the Shard river are especially magic rich Smile
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
VenomX3000
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 5:39 pm

dont ya just love how things come together? hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://venomx3000.deviantart.com/
Saironthis
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Saironthis

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:21 pm

Hmm...maybe that's why Vivian hangs out at the waterfalls... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thatonedude236.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 5:37 pm

hehe possibly Razz
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 7:24 pm

if different rivers in felarya have different effects, it could also help support a reason why creatures who live in different areas are prone to different magical abilities themselves.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Yeah, I could see the water having certain magical qualities based on the amount of magic in the land it cuts through. Perhaps the mountains over the Chordoni Falls have some special effect that Vivian favors... >__>
Back to top Go down
tkh1304
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
tkh1304

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:46 pm

So will it has the same property as people use food and drink from Felarya, including plants which absorbs directly the soil and water, animals that eats these plants or other animals?
Back to top Go down
http://tkh1304.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:38 am

AisuKaiko wrote:
Yeah, I could see the water having certain magical qualities based on the amount of magic in the land it cuts through. Perhaps the mountains over the Chordoni Falls have some special effect that Vivian favors... >__>

so everyone in that area is saturated in an aura of fanserviceness? XD
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:17 am

lol!

Well I added that part into the main page, along with the Felaryan ground Wink
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 am

Okay, thanks much, Karbo ^^
Back to top Go down
alliance
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
alliance

PostSubject: fairy pond   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 am

And i wonder if the soil at the bed of the Fairy Pond might have any special qualities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Water of Felarya   The Water of Felarya Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Water of Felarya
Page 1 of 1