Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Felarya IRC

Go down 
+5
Shady Knight
macdaddy
Archmage_Bael
Pendragon
Davis
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Davis
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Davis

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Ok, there seems to be some issues people have with the Felarya IRC on Dal net.
I've looked through some logs and found two cases of people complaining about it's existence, and then spamming it.
The fact that this has happened more than once is too much, so I wanted to know exactly what the problem was with it.
I should probably point out that I'm the owner of the channel, so I can make any changes.
Back to top Go down
http://iakos.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:58 am

I think it's safe to say the issues on there are more personal and don't require alot of looking into.

The spammer, known as Darkenedblood, was thankfully banned and any one she recruited will promptly be banned as well.

The other issues are a bit more complex and I'd rather not get into them here.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:43 am

What Alex said.

I think the other thing was that the main channel op/mod only appeared once every few weeks, which wasn't often enough, being an op/mod.
Back to top Go down
macdaddy
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
macdaddy

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:18 am

oh lol people still go on here?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am

macdaddy wrote:

it's increased in popularity actually.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
macdaddy wrote:

it's increased in popularity actually.
Don't bother with Mac. He's too busy gloating about the popularity of Blandy McPurplebland.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 am

I find that much of the activity occurring in the IRC paints an unrealistic portrait of what Felarya is supposed to be. Quite frankly, many of the "Roleplays" that occur are less than relevant to Felarya at all, and those that are don't seem to pay any mind to established facts or rational thinking for that matter. This, compiled onto the fact that several of the users, in my experience with the place, show signs of lacking severely on an intellectual standpoint. Read: Stupid.

If nothing else, the place should be at least renamed so as not to put the actual Felarya to further shame.
Back to top Go down
http://w-3-k.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:55 am

Quote :
If nothing else, the place should be at least renamed so as not to put the actual Felarya to further shame.
Yes, Felarya is serious business.

Incidentally, you weren't among the elite intellectuals during your days there, 3k.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 am

Warrior3000 wrote:
I find that much of the activity occurring in the IRC paints an unrealistic portrait of what Felarya is supposed to be. Quite frankly, many of the "Roleplays" that occur are less than relevant to Felarya at all, and those that are don't seem to pay any mind to established facts or rational thinking for that matter. This, compiled onto the fact that several of the users, in my experience with the place, show signs of lacking severely on an intellectual standpoint. Read: Stupid.

Actually yes, when haar comes in, everything turns to an over-exaggurated perverted rp. Note that a couple days ago I was completely turned off because haar had a giantess the size of a mountain wandering through. I was close to telling him to stop the rp because it was driving people away from the IRC.

I dont mind rps with a bit of perversion, I mean I like boobs and all.

I also wouldn't call everyone stupid there, it's hard coming up with a good idea all the time, however, all of the rps that take place all have felaryan characters, they take place in felarya, and don't effect canon. extreme cases have been seen however.

The IRC has an extremely valuable purpose though: roleplays. you cant get a good feel for you character without roleplaying with them. RPs don't need to be paragraph entries either, getting your OC's attitude down is very important.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
[

Incidentally, you weren't among the elite intellectuals during your days there, 3k.

The implication of this statement seems to say: "You weren't smart while you were there."

That may be, but I'd like to think that I've done enough in the ways of self improvement to be able to be thought of as smart nowadays. Besides, my past contributions to the stupidity that hangs thick in the IRC's air cannot be used as an excuse for it to continue. Basically, two wrongs do not make anything right, the only way to fix the place would be if everyone were to be hit with the reality of things.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 am

Quote :
Basically, two wrongs do not make anything right, the only way to fix the place would be if everyone were to be hit with the reality of things.

what part of felarya is realistic to you? this whole place is a fantasy, and should be treated as such.

in addition, this thread is here for people to give suggestions about what may be done, but talking about eliminating the irc is not among those helpful suggestions. Since you have many times stated how you hate the place, but hey, whats new, you hate everything right? Why would someone take your advice if you hate everything? Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:20 am

Archmage_Bael wrote:
Quote :
Basically, two wrongs do not make anything right, the only way to fix the place would be if everyone were to be hit with the reality of things.

what part of felarya is realistic to you? this whole place is a fantasy, and should be treated as such.

in addition, this thread is here for people to give suggestions about what may be done, but talking about eliminating the irc is not among those helpful suggestions. Since you have many times stated how you hate the place, but hey, whats new, you hate everything right? Why would someone take your advice if you hate everything? Just saying.

>>Implying that a fantasy setting's established rules and facts should be ignored by virtue of its labeling as fantasy.

The part of Felarya where predators aren't social butterflies that always end up having the lighter end of things is more realistic to me than the inverse. The part of Felarya where humanoid sized creatures are actually given decent chances instead of being fodder is more realistic to me. Most of all, the part of Felarya where the canonical ratio of giantism amongst species compared to regular sized members of the same species is actually held to be true is more realistic to me. All of these things seem to be ignored by not only the IRC, but much of the fandom as a whole, but, seeing as this is an IRC discussion, my argument is geared twords it.

Oh, and you seem to be making a leap into the assumption that my automatic feelings twords this are that the IRC requires destruction . You do realize that I have the power to change an opinion, correct? Had I stated that I still thought to burn the place in fire in my previous post, your argument would be somewhat plausible, now it's just a lol cow for me. As it stands I retain this opinion of the IRC: Unrealistic and in need of improved intelligence standards.

Oh, and your other implication seems to be this: "Warrior, you're an angry person and therefor nobody should listen to you because you're angry and filled with anger."

I do not hate everything. I hate most things. Particularly stupid things. As I have stated before the IRC seems to lack the feel that Felarya was intended to have about it, as well as much of the inherent logic that applies to the place. Therefor, in context of Felarya, the IRC is stupid. By extension, I hate it.

Oh, and people are not required to listen to me, but if they do then I believe we could all benefit from shared intellect and opinions on matters. You shutting me off due to my angry disposition is a bit on the ignorant side.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:39 am

Quote :
>>Implying that a fantasy setting's established rules and facts should be ignored by virtue of its labeling as fantasy.

there you're putting words in my mouth, physics still exist on some extent, but the part about it being a fantasy means you should take it TOO seriously, it's similar to the final fantasy arguements involving clothes. it's a fantasy, therefore it is not real.

Quote :
The part of Felarya where predators aren't social butterflies that always end up having the lighter end of things is more realistic to me than the inverse. The part of Felarya where humanoid sized creatures are actually given decent chances instead of being fodder is more realistic to me. Most of all, the part of Felarya where the canonical ratio of giantism amongst species compared to regular sized members of the same species is actually held to be true is more realistic to me. All of these things seem to be ignored by not only the IRC, but much of the fandom as a whole, but, seeing as this is an IRC discussion, my argument is geared twords it.

If one doesn't mantain a strong mental will in felarya they can collapse, by being social it helps. psychologically, if you don't talk about or express your worries in some manner can be damaging in the long run, and companionship in this regard becomes a must.

Given the size and abilities of the 70ft + tall preds, I wouldn't say that prey has much chance if they are merely 5-7 ft tall.we have stated this in threads throughout the forums existence, I suggest re-reading them.

Quote :
Oh, and you seem to be making a leap into the assumption that my automatic feelings twords this are that the IRC requires destruction . You do realize that I have the power to change an opinion, correct? Had I stated that I still thought to burn the place in fire in my previous post, your argument would be somewhat plausible, now it's just a lol cow for me. As it stands I retain this opinion of the IRC: Unrealistic and in need of improved intelligence standards.

the majority of all your statements gears toward hate in some regard toward most things, and including the irc is a known factor in these since you make it quite known. you cannot say you don't hate the irc just because you suddenly turn around and say so. in addition hating something creates a bias, and hating everything creates an unfair bias toward such. therefor what I said about people not listening to you because you hate everything is a socially important thing to know, and frankly you sound incredibly immature in doing so.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:55 am

As for the maintaining sanity through social interaction, you seem to be taking a human stance when regarding this. You see, humans by nature are social creatures, therefor it is a plausible point when applied to them. However, reflecting the same characteristics onto predatory species designed for the Felaryan environment is just nonsensible.

Take, for example, nagas. They're often depicted as friendly and such, when the reality of this situation is that snakes do indeed eat one another, and probably would regardless of having a partially humanoid appearance in Felarya. It's eat or be eaten pretty much, so friendship is secondary at best, or otherwise an even lesser concern.

As for the size matter when it concerns survival, there may be a benefit from being larger. However, it is often exaggerated in most fan works. Often times I've seen such things as well armed military units being wiped by a singular predator, something that just seems a bit unbelievable to me. We're not talking about city softened Earth humans, or even more rugged ones, but indeed Felaryan beings adapted to the environment and its dangers in spite of their size. In additon to being accustomed to the environment, those sufficiently armed should realistically have little trouble against lone predators. Still though, all logic seems, in most cases, to be negated for the sake of keeping an undertone of the vore fetish around.

Oh, and lastly, a simple dislike for something does not immediatley translate into me holding intense biases for everything related. My hatred is geared more twords individual problems with a thing as a whole, and I am willing to give the thing a chance if said problems are fixed. I look at the IRC one of the problems with the Felaryan community as a whole, and therefor in need of fixing. You, again, jumped to the amazing conclusion that

"Oh, well he hates certain things, must mean he hates everything ever and is biased."

Besides for this, why do I not get to change MY OWN opinions? You seem to be implying that just because I say I think one way, it is not so, so it basically sounds like this:

"Well, you might think you think like that, but we know you don't because we all know more about your own feelings than you yourself."

My thoughts on this are a simple: WAAAAAT.

Oh, and if disliking things makes me immature, then I guess I'm the biggest baby on the planet because I just can't seem to bring myself to like everything.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:02 am

Quote :
As for the maintaining sanity through social interaction, you seem to be taking a human stance when regarding this. You see, humans by nature are social creatures, therefor it is a plausible point when applied to them. However, reflecting the same characteristics onto predatory species designed for the Felaryan environment is just nonsensible.

Take, for example, nagas. They're often depicted as friendly and such, when the reality of this situation is that snakes do indeed eat one another, and probably would regardless of having a partially humanoid appearance in Felarya. It's eat or be eaten pretty much, so friendship is secondary at best, or otherwise an even lesser concern.

As for the size matter when it concerns survival, there may be a benefit from being larger. However, it is often exaggerated in most fan works. Often times I've seen such things as well armed military units being wiped by a singular predator, something that just seems a bit unbelievable to me. We're not talking about city softened Earth humans, or even more rugged ones, but indeed Felaryan beings adapted to the environment and its dangers in spite of their size. In additon to being accustomed to the environment, those sufficiently armed should realistically have little trouble against lone predators. Still though, all logic seems, in most cases, to be negated for the sake of keeping an undertone of the vore fetish around.

we're getting off topic here.

Quote :
Oh, and lastly, a simple dislike for something does not immediatley translate into me holding intense biases for everything related. My hatred is geared more twords individual problems with a thing as a whole, and I am willing to give the thing a chance if said problems are fixed. I look at the IRC one of the problems with the Felaryan community as a whole, and therefor in need of fixing. You, again, jumped to the amazing conclusion that

"Oh, well he hates certain things, must mean he hates everything ever and is biased."

it's not a simple dislike for something, its a dislike for everything. I remember you saying often about "this is reminds me of how I hate everyone and everything" and other such compliments, I can go through the forum and search if you want. not only that, you say you hate the irc for such and such reasons already, by saying this:
Quote :
Besides for this, why do I not get to change MY OWN opinions? You seem to be implying that just because I say I think one way, it is not so, so it basically sounds like this:

"Well, you might think you think like that, but we know you don't because we all know more about your own feelings than you yourself."
you basically contradict yourself saying that you hate the irc, and then turn around and say you don't hate it just this one time.

also, I would appreciate you not putting words in my mouth.

I don't think we need to discuss this anymore.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am

I don't find that to be getting off topic so much as a rebuttal to a statement you made concerning such a thing.

Oh, and as for my change of opinion, I was not saying that my hate for the IRC was gone, I was stating that I didn't seek its destruction so much as for it to become smarter a place. Which was, in itself, a reply to this:

Archmage_Bael wrote:

See. In the above you seem to be stating that my immediate purpose in joining this topic was to have the IRC itself eliminated, something I no longer wish to happen, as I have already stated.

However, I still dislike it because, until it gets fixed, it will retain the same issues I have already pointed out.

Read more carefully next time, thanks for misunderstanding me entirely.

Oh, and we DO need to discuss this more. Dropping the conversation solves nothing and we both go home unaccomplished having argued for no reason.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

Warrior, this is like the boy who cried wolf, when he really was in danger, no body came because no body believed him.

You have consistently stated that you hate everything so much, and now that you "say" you don't hate the IRC I personally find it hard to believe. If indeed you are serious in that you no longer hate it, then go talk to the people who make it so perverse, like haar. He consistently ingores the felarya physics and canon quite often, and when you join it is often that we are doing one of his rps.

However if indeed I misunderstood you I apologize.

In the future though, I would appreciate you not throwing the word hate around so much.(in general)
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:17 am

....You seem to not be understanding once more. I am not saying I do not hate it, I am merely saying that my first option would not be to destroy it. It needs fixing. That is where my opinion now lies.

Until said fixing comes about, however, I shall retain said dislike.

So....it would be good if someone could get around to hammering out its issues.

Felarya IRC Q_Q_Stamp_by_TheEmptyCanvas
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:26 am

*sigh*

It's like talking to Gregole all over again.
Back to top Go down
Warrior3000
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Warrior3000

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:28 am

Pendragon wrote:
*sigh*

It's like talking to Gregole all over again.

Oh. That's quotable.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:48 am

Weird how you took that as a compliment.

Then again, Gregole would too. The prick.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Hey now. Lets not bash members behind their backs. Gregole hasn't caused any trouble in ages, and has made an effort to do better.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:25 pm

rcs619 wrote:
Hey now. Lets not bash members behind their backs. Gregole hasn't caused any trouble in ages, and has made an effort to do better.
I still go that with his track record, he's too far below for redemption.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 pm

I don't care what anyone thinks in private. Just don't go bashing members on the forum.
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:52 pm

I agree, especially since he's not here to at least defend himself. Plus conversations like that should be kept in PMs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Felarya IRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Felarya IRC   Felarya IRC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Felarya IRC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next