Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game Quotes

Go down 
+11
The Nordic Ninja
The Rev
Siafu789
observer88
Sean W
gwadahunter2222
dlausactor6373
Karbo
Pendragon
Malahite
Shady Knight
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:38 pm

What are your favorite game quotes?

One of mine is from Megaman Zero 4, just before the Final Battle.

"I never cared about justice and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I always only fought for those I believe in. I won't hesitate. If an appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

This made the final battle one of the most epic fight in gaming history. I changed my sig to a variation of said quote that will be said somewhere in my story.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Minsc: "Fear not! I will inspire you all by charging blindly on!"

Imperial Thought of the Day: "Brave are they who know everything yet fear nothing."
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm

My boy. I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass!
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:04 pm

“What can change the nature of a man?”

From planescape torment, the best video game ever created by human beings ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:34 pm

Karbo wrote:
“What can change the nature of a man?”

From planescape torment, the best video game ever created by human beings ^^

*Warning! Internal laughter overload. Shutting down.*
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Jan Jansen: "Well, there goes the wizard with a body in tow. Not the sort of thing you see every day unless you happen to be living with a necromancer. I did, once, when I was working for Golodon. He used to come into the tower every second day with a body over his shoulder. I would look at him all suspicious-like and ask him where he found it, and he would just shrug and say vaguely, "oh... around". It took me a while, but eventually I decided Golodon wasn't being entirely above-board with me on the body issue. Since then, I've never trusted a wizard with more arms and legs than he was born with... unless he's been polymorphed, of course, but even then it's usually wisest to keep your distance"
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:49 pm

"Find him, and close shut the jaws of Oblivion!"-Uriel Septim's last line before he is killed. Voiced by Patrick Stewart, one of my all-time favorite actors.
Back to top Go down
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Warcraft III:
Medivh : "The roots will heal in time... as will the entire world. The sacrifices have been made. Just as the orcs, humans, and night elves discarded their old hatreds and stood united against a common foe, so did Nature herself rise up to banish the Shadow... forever. As for me, I came back to ensure that there would be a future, to teach the world that it no longer needed Guardians. The hope for future generations has always resided in mortal hands. And now that my task is done, I will take my place... amongst the legends of the past."

It is time to scatter this clockwork universe, forever

Thrall: "The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."

Mannoroth: "The boy believed you could be saved... But he didn't know, what burns within your soul... when in your heart, you know, we are the same!"

Legacy of Kain:

Kain: "At last, the masks had fallen away. The strings of the puppets had become visible, and the hands of the prime mover exposed.
Most ironic of all was the last gift Raziel had given me; more acute than the purified vision his sacrifice had accorded me; more powerful even than the sword that now held his soul...

...The first, bitter taste of that terrible illusion...

...Hope."

Kain (I love this character) : Sarafan Soldiers: "Surrender, vampire, and we promise you an easy death!" Kain: "I would promise you the same... but it would be a lie."

Kain (again) : "Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw--a better throw--against one's destiny...what was a king to do? But does one ever truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of Fate, and thus defy the tyrannous stars."

Janos Audron when he speaks about humans: "They fear what they don't understand; and they despise what they fear... but no... I don't hate them."

Kain (again sorry but this character had many good quote):
"History abhors a paradox."

"But suppose you throw a coin enough times... Suppose one day, it lands on its edge."

"Hate me, but do it honestly."
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
Sean W
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
Sean W

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:29 am

"You don't win by being lucky. You win by being bold."
-Captain Falcon
-FZero GX

"Don't hesitate. When the time comes...just act."
-Wolf O'Donnel
-Star Fox Assault

"Thrall...the bloodhaze has lifted...the demon's fire has burnt out in my veins...I have freed myself"
"No, old friend...you freed us all..."
-Grom Hellscream & Thrall
-Warcraft III

"I know a lot of gamers don't have a lot of patience. 'Least that's what Bishop, the dude at the video store said."
"MAN! She smelled good!"
"And there he was...this cat, well dressed, cool...couldn't tell if he was the shit...or just plain all shit."
"It's gonna be a long hard road...but who knows? Could kick ass, could be dangerous...could totally suck. Whad'ya say, bro? Join me, let's see how far we can take this. And for you holding the Wii-Remote right there? Just press "A"...Let the bloodshed begin!"
"If I make it to the top, will you do it with me!?"
"You know what paradise is? THIS is paradise, the place where dreams are fulfilled."
-Travis Touchdown
-No More Heroes

"You said it yourself, Kain... there are only two sides to your coin. "
"Apparently so, but suppose you throw a coin enough times... suppose one day, it lands on its edge."
-Raziel & Kain
-Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Back to top Go down
http://hey-its-its-sean.deviantart.com
gwadahunter2222
Master cartographer
Master cartographer
gwadahunter2222

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:29 am

A worthy effort, but futile!
Mannoroth (Warcraft III)

From this seal shall arise the doom of men, who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own. Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit. Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control.
Archimond (Warcraft III)
Back to top Go down
http://gwadahunter2222.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:38 pm

The best quote I ever heard in Oblivion:

"Dear Brother, I do not spread rumors; I create them."-Lucien Lachance, Speaker for the Dark Brotherhood
Back to top Go down
observer88
Marauder of the deep jungle
observer88

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 10:11 am

"Rise my people. I have returned, never to leave your side again. GDI sought to destroy me, but they have only made me stronger. Today, we march forward into our future. A stronger people!. A divined people, enhanced for the Tiberium world! The time has come, to claim this world as our own! The time has come, to destroy GDI! One vision! One purpose! Peace through power!"
- Kane (C&C Tiberian Sun)

"When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic."
- Joseph Stalin (C&C Red Alert)
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:20 pm

"The assassin has overcome my final defense, and has come to murder me. In the end, what separates a man from a slave? Money? Power? No. A man chooses, a slave obeys. You think you have memories - a farm, a family, an airplane, a crash, and then this place. Was there really a family? Did that airplane crash, or was it hijacked, forced down, forced down by something less than a man, bred to sleepwalk through life until they are activated by a simple phrase, spoken by their kindly master. Was a man sent to kill, or a slave? A man chooses, a slave obeys. Come in. Stop, would you kindly. "Would you kindly". Powerful phrase. Familiar phrase? [Cascade of memories of Atlas ordering Jack with the phrase "would you kindly".] Sit, would you kindly? STAND... would you kindly? RUN! STOP! Turn... A man chooses, a slave obeys! [Hands Jack his golf club.] KILL! [struck in the head by the club] A MAN CHOOSES... [another strike] ...A SLAVE OBEYS! [another strike] OBEY! [Ryan is killed with a final blow.]" -Andrew Ryan (BioShock)

First off, I make no apologies for spoilers.

Secondly, I consider this whole speech to be the most profound ever uttered by a game character: villain or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:39 pm

"I did all of it for one thing: money"

(Ratchet and Clank, I think that's how the quote went)
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 4:41 pm

observer88 wrote:
"Rise my people. I have returned, never to leave your side again. GDI sought to destroy me, but they have only made me stronger. Today, we march forward into our future. A stronger people!. A divined people, enhanced for the Tiberium world! The time has come, to claim this world as our own! The time has come, to destroy GDI! One vision! One purpose! Peace through power!"
- Kane (C&C Tiberian Sun)

"When you kill one, it is a tragedy. When you kill ten million, it is a statistic."
- Joseph Stalin (C&C Red Alert)

"Be prepared to tell your three-eyed granchildren, of your defeat this day!"
-Dr. Thrax (Generals: ZH)
Back to top Go down
observer88
observer88

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 11:15 pm

"Time will tell... sooner or later... time will tell."
- Albert Einstein (C&C Red Alert)
Back to top Go down
http://observer88.deviantart.com/
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 11:10 pm

Yet another Oblivion quote, this one being my second favorite:

"I heard a rumor that you're an idiot. Any truth to that?"-Owyn, the Battlemaster in the arena. Said when you ask him for rumors.

Last edited by on Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:16 am

Baldur's Gate Protagonist: "Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

Jan: "So Viconia, I suppose you must be a drow, eh? "
Viconia: "Speak not to your betters, surface slave."
Jan: "My brother, Elgar Buttercup, had skin the shade of charcoal, too. Well, technically it WAS charcoal. He died in a nasty fire, you see."
Viconia: "You do love the sound of your own voice, don't you gnome?"
Jan: "My own voice? Heartless wench! Do you not know? I am deaf. I have never heard the sound of my own voice. I read lips... (sob)... only lips..."
Viconia: "Deaf? Truly? In the Underdark the deaf are killed or used in pain threshold experiments."
Jan: "I heard that! In fact, it reminds me of the time I was eaten by an avatar of Lolth. I was stuck inside her stomach with a miserable drow called Biffle Chump for days. Of course, I was forced to eat him. A matter of survival, you understand. Nothing personal. He tasted a bit like chicken."
Viconia: [to Protagonist] "How is it that you travel with such a wee buffoon?"
Protagonist: "Truthfully, it all goes back to the time that Jan's cousin, Plooty Paladin-piper, got caught in a nasty flesh golem eating contest..."
Jan: "Aye, Plooty had a way of attracting golems. Brilliant, really. You start with a saucer of milk - golems are suckers for milk..."
Viconia: "I refuse to listen to this."
Back to top Go down
The Nordic Ninja
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
The Nordic Ninja

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:35 pm

This is the great Turian General? How did your people ever defeat us?
I may be drunk, krogan, but you're ugly. And in the morning I'll be sober.
Wrex & General Septimus -- Mass Effect

Well done, android, the Enrichment Center once again reminds you that android hell is a real place where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance.
GLaDOS -- Portal

Do a barrel roll!
Peppy Hare -- Star Fox 64
Back to top Go down
http://adultswimrules.deviantart.com/
dreadis
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dreadis

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:42 pm

The Nordic Ninja wrote:
Do a barrel roll!
Peppy Hare -- Star Fox 64

Game Quotes No-barrel-roll
Back to top Go down
http://dreadis.deviantart.com
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:54 am

Just about any Portal quote is pure gold. It has the funniest dialogue I've ever heard in a game I'll just say the entire game is one long quote, and it's my favorite.

So my second favorite would be
"Do you even know how to use that gun?"
"Yeah... Well, kinda... I've covered wars y'know"- Frank West from Dead Rising
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Shadow_RA
Naga food
Shadow_RA

Location : Far end of the galaxy on a dark dead planet where I sleep. Waiting for my awaken!

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 6:47 am

(Star Craft)
Vulture - "It's something you wanted. I don't have time to f#ck around. You keep pushing me boy. And I'll scrap you along with the aliens."

Ghost -"You called down the Thunder."

(P.A.N.I.C.S.)
Bravo 3: Some secretary have a chilled on the back of her neck, or a coffee mug move across the table. They call us in.

Bravo 2: We come in. We look around and said we saw some weird stuff and we have chase it off. Case closed Via time.

Bravo 3: Lets have a cold one.

Chief: I still have to write a report.

Frank:You guys are a bunch of phonies. This is ridiculous.

Bravo 1: I'll tell you what's ridiculous. They armed us with machine guns capable of shooting 100 armor piercing bullets per sec. And they ask us to fight sprits. Come on what this thing going to do. I might as well stab it with a dinner [The ghost grab him from the conner of the door way]-FUCK!!!

Chief: What the hell is a Dinner Fuck?
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-ra.deviantart.com/
Daimo
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Daimo

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:59 pm

"We're gonna shove the commandant's ideals right up his ass! Heehee!"
~Anise Tatlin, Fon Master Guardian (Tales of the Abyss)
Back to top Go down
http://kazumar1.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 4:57 pm

'Time for a celebration! Cheese! For everyone!

No wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one.'

'Don't you have a book to be reading? Or some other very important thing I told you to do?'

-Sheogorath, the prince of madness (Oblivion)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Quotes   Game Quotes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Quotes
Page 1 of 1