Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)

Go down 
+2
The Rev
Siafu789
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Siafu789
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Siafu789

Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Empty
PostSubject: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:48 pm

My favorite band is an old, loved and hated staple of the industrial-rock genre: KMFDM. KMFDM has been in the industry for a little over 24 years, their sound having continuously evolving-or staying the same, depending on your opinion. To address some of the questions that I'm most likely going to get:

1) Yes, their name does stand for something-it's an acronym for "Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid", a German phrase that roughly translates to "No Pity for the Majority". Alternate translations that appear in their songs include "No Pity for The Masses", and an alternate meaning was offered in another song called Light: "Keiner Macht für dich mehr", "No one does more for you".

2) You might notice that they seem to have different people in various videos. This is because that, due to it initially being more of a project than a band and internal tensions, it has had a rotating line-up. However, it is currently in a stable line-up for now.

3) They are political, but with no clear leanings: they have criticized the left and right with equal ferocity. It means different things to different people; that's part of the beauty of this band.

4) Yes, they were a favorite band of the Columbine killers-please don't let that ruin your enjoyment. After, so was Rammstein...

Here are a links one of my favorite videos:

Live Performance of Liebeslied (Uncut Version)- This song has a rather special place in their history. Shortly after Naive was released, it was quickly pulled off because this song used samplings from 'O Fortuna' of Carl Orff's Carmina Burana without permission. It was rereleased without the offending samples, but they sometimes included them in live performances-such as this one from their 1997 tour. I like it for its energy and great synthesis/sampling, illegal or not. The lyrics are in German, but an English version exists entitled "A Hole in the Wall" on their album "Angst", however it is a more traditional rock sound.

KMFDM-Liebeslied (1997 Tour)
Back to top Go down
http://militant-prey.deviantart.com/
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 1:53 pm

Critical Acclaim

My favorite band, Avenged Sevenfold, playing live. Doesn't sound as good as the recorded version, but the guitar solo is killer.

Notice how the drummer's name is "The Rev"

[I watched part of your video, the drums sounded great, though the singing was hard to hear.]
Back to top Go down
Sephimink|Kyle
valiant swordman
valiant swordman

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 5:16 pm

Not the hugest fan of A7X, but they do have some pretty good songs (Critical Acclaim included amongst Beast + the Harlot, Bat Country, and Blinded in Chains). "The Rev"... Razz

The Plot to Bomb the Panhandle

One of my favorite bands, A Day to Remember (There's a whopping 6 songs from them on my iPod, which is incredible for just one band for me). Ron Jeremy guest stars in this video, and he's teaching a bunch of random people how pit/hardcore-dance. Razz
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 1:23 pm

Kick Some Ass

i love this band cause it has silent bob in it ^^
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 4:48 pm

This may surprise you all, but I love Silent Bob, his movies, his animated show, and any music that may possibly be heard in his movies.

That said, my favorite bands, are actually a different type. That is, Nerdore!
This is a trailer for MC Frontalot's nerdcore rising tour (Which will be made into a movie).
"Nerdcore rap does not help me get girls. It does the opposite of that." - MC Frontalot

Like you can see from the teaser, other prominate Nercore artists are mc chris (Fette's Vette), MC Lars (Download this song), Optimus Rhyme (Obey the Moderator!), ytcracker (Warez Loader), and Weird Al (sometimes).
Oh, and how could I have forgotten? My current favorite, jonathan Coulton (I Feel Fantastic) With such hits as;
Code Monkey
And RE: Your Brains

Watch him fail his own song! XD

So there you go. Now you know about Nerdcore. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Silent_eric
Silent_eric

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 5:57 pm

Gah! I didn't even realize that there was a video of this! My Belruel is a song that was written and sung by Mike 'Tycho' Kraulik. The guy from Penny Arcade. It's an amazing song, and actually touching.

And if your wondering, the first time they laugh, it's 'cause Jerry puts on an echo, and the second time was because everyone took out lighters, cell phones, and anything else that lights up. As far as I can tell. Wow, this makes me want to go to PAX this year.

EDIT: Why not, here's the lyrics.

'Twas the twelving day of Everfair
when fell my maid of raven hair
beneath her cloven standard of the wren,
and damn that roiling goblin horde
we'd almost slain the overlord
but I could never roll an elf again

"The Queen of Bells and Battle-Downs"
she wore the title like a crown
Foes so deep a man would drown, but she still stood alone
a princess and a duchess both
and sworn to nine prestigious oaths,
her duties, they would take her to that twisting spire of stone

Against his tower, a silhouette
She called like a coronet
And the green sea of his armies burst from warrens far below
The pacts he'd made with demonkind
Had rent his thin and tattered mind
And hellish princedoms occupied the arrow he let go

They took her through the crowded square
And laid her at the temple stair
The sorcelled barb of Arudair beyond their healing arts
there stands a circlet on her brow
that turns the blades of men around
But if Belruel could hear me now
This song would pierce her heart

'twas the twelving day of Everfair
when fell my maid of raven hair
beneath her cloven standard of the wren
damn that roiling goblin horde!
and damn their hell-bound the overlord!
but I could never roll an elf again
Back to top Go down
http://silenteric.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:41 pm

I can now die happy.

((No, that is not the song's name))
Back to top Go down
Googlememan
Survivor
Survivor
Googlememan

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:36 am

Bill Engvall SongHERE'S YOUR SIGN

http://www.videocure.com/music-video-code/b/3e1d40c7c04ed343d1d89ad299f046c0.html#

And theres Also the BEASTIE BOYS

Sabotage.

and then theres this song that was used on the Movie TITANIC.it Irish

IRISH dancing.
Back to top Go down
http://DecepticonBarricade.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)   Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post Videos of Your Favorite Band(s)
Page 1 of 1