Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Villiains

Go down 
+13
Pendragon
Nyaha
Wildthing
Malahite
Salvyrn
aethernavale
dragonjaj
The Rev
Kai Leingod
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
dlausactor6373
Militant-Prey
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Militant-Prey
Roaming thug
Roaming thug
Militant-Prey

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:51 am

In Karbo's most recent entry on his dA weblog, he shared who his favorite villain was. I think this is a fun thing to talk about, I want to hear about your favorite villains.

Mine is Sovereign from the first Mass Effect. If you want to see why, well, just listen.

What makes it terrifying is that it is not evil, not good...simply is. It is eternal, beyond understanding.
Back to top Go down
dlausactor6373
Great warrior
Great warrior
dlausactor6373

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Davros:

Beatrice:

Kefka:

Joker:

Shion:
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Durandal

SHODAN
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Jasconius wrote:
Durandal & SHODAN

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 2:22 pm

Comics:

The Joker | DC Batman
Darkseid | DC Superman / JLA

Games:

Harbinger | Mass Effect 2
Kefka | Final Fantasy 6

Movies:

The Emperor | Star Wars he's awesome in them all including prequels
Sauron | Lord of the Rings
Sarumon | Lord of the Rings

Anime:

Lord Frieza | dragon ball z
Cell | Dragon Ball Z
Chojin | urotsukidoji / legend of the overfiend
Enel | One Piece
Lord Prozen / Dark Kaiser | Zoids chaotic century

Books: Admiral Thrawn | Star Wars hier to the empire. Volume's 1 to 3

TV Shows: The Vorlons / The Shadows | Babylon 5
President Clarke | Babylon 5
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Probably Kane. I'd say Dagoth Ur, but he's not particularly likeable in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:50 pm

I think Sansha is is a p cool guy. Eh has armies of cyborg minions and doesn't afraid of anything.

"I'm staring at 6 Nightmares, what the hell is going on!?"
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:05 am

top 5

1:The Joker

2:Capt. Hook

3:Separoth (the guy with the big sword from FF7)

4:Nightmare (soul calluber)

5:Diespina (the mad german scinetest in crimson skies high road to revange)

I know random bunch but hay there all true evil
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 4:49 am

Oh I forgot one of the biggest bad asses ever.

Yaugmoth

Once a human who later became a demi god he became part of the control sphere a plain of existence linked to 8 other plains the control sphere controlled them and as such Yaugmoth ascended towards god hood.

His only desire was to cure humanity from its disease of flesh and its reliance on certain things he was an outcast doctor who believe machines where the right path. He created the phyrexians mutated humans crossed with artifacts and other machines creating an army of frankensteins and well worse.

Over then next 2000 or so years he planned and built an army the story does go on its all in the Magic The Gathering books Stronghold etc

by the way dont say his name on any one of the 9 spheres he can immediately see you and transport you to hell where he grants your mortal body immortality only to kill you over and over in every way imaginable he did this to Urza's brother for a very long time.

He also created the plain of existence Stronghold where the Slivers live yay!
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:38 am

Favorite Villiains Hal-9000
Heuristically-programmed ALgorithmic computer series 9000.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 7:37 am

aethernavale wrote:
Favorite Villiains Hal-9000
Heuristically-programmed ALgorithmic computer series 9000.
HAL wasn't evil! It was just misunderstood.

Really though, HAL was just fed conflicting data. It was a user error. Razz
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:08 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
HAL wasn't evil! It was just misunderstood.

Really though, HAL was just fed conflicting data. It was a user error. Razz

Since when do villains have to be evil? It is all a matter of perspective. Who is right and who is wrong is merely a matter of opinion, and HAL was a great testament to that fact. Book HAL anyway, not so much movie HAL. Movie HAL had a great voice though - something that will forever be associated to him.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:37 am

aethernavale wrote:
Since when do villains have to be evil? It is all a matter of perspective.
Well I don't really classify HAL as a villain. he's the an antagonist of the 2001 a Space Odyssey sure, but he's not a villain. There is a difference.

That said, he is a great antagonist.
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:33 am

I still think one of the villains from the Oddworld game series coull be the greatest villain. Not because they won in the end; they didn't, but because of how evil their goals were. I think for most evil, I'd go for Mullock the Glukkon, from Abe's Oddysee. We're talking about a guy who made sacred species endangered just to make money, then decided to make their slaves/employees into meat as well when profits were low. Just kill off all the endangered species apparently. To ME it sounds evil anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:45 pm

In regard to Karbo's blog: On another site, we argued about this (well, Irenicus v Sarevok). In the end, it came to the conclusion that Sarevok was the more competent villain, but Irenicus was the better of the two because you just get so much more from him. Sarevok's one of those villains who, barring his heritage (and the powers it provides), would probably fit into a typical low fantasy or historical backdrop. Irenicus, Irenicus almost exemplifies the character of a villain, right down to the hubris allowing him to make exceptional errors in his plans (igniting the Shadow Thieves' Guild War, for example).

The Rev wrote:
Probably Kane. I'd say Dagoth Ur, but he's not particularly likeable in my opinion.
Dagoth Ur's definitely amongst my top picks, but that's because Bethesda lets you choose just how "villainous" he actually is. The game never directly states what happened at Red Mountain, and all the references to the events have their own end and twists: In some, Dagoth Ur went mad and killed Nerevar before the Tribunal could stop him. In some, Dagoth Ur went mad, the Tribunal & Nerevar stopped Dagoth, and then - at some point - they killed Nerevar. In others, Dagoth Ur flew into a fit of rage after the Tribunal slaughtered Nerevar then came to Red Mountain to attempt to steal the power for themselves.

And, more importantly, the game sells it. You could believe the Tribunal would do such to Nerevar, and there's many hints in the game that Vivec did in fact kill Nerevar (but the important factor of "when" varies). However, Dagoth's minions also have a very obvious reason to lie to you about what happened.

On to other matters:

When you get down to it, Sephiroth isn't a bad villain. He's nowhere near as great as many fans try to portray him, and has several problems of his own, but - like Irenicus - you get the "Typical type of Villain" aura from him in short order. The most interesting thing about Sephiroth is that he had every bit of potential to not be a villain, but practically everything that could go bad for him (Gasts' murder, thinking his mother Jenova, Vincent's place into slumber, Lucretia's death, Hojo's upbringing of him, letting him wander the basement halls with partial information about his creation, etcetera) and lead him towards becoming a genocidal maniac was there. Most probably, by Hojo's own hand to get the specific result. This is somewhat different from other villains, in that Sephiroth's practically shaped by his world into becoming the Villain.

Kain & Raziel from Blood Omen are practically the same. They weren't exactly paragons of good pre-Vampirism, but things really turned against them (Wheel of Fate was a bitch). However, unlike Sephiroth, these two continued to struggle against such. Raziel from what was almost false hope and foolish chivalry (oh, and a desire for revenge), Kain though because he knew how fucked up the world had become, knew how much a puppet everyone was to fate, and would be damned if he didn't fight tooth and claw to say "Fuck you" to the universe.

Wesker, pre-RE5, was a decently enjoyed villain of mine. He now suffers from the same problem as Sephiroth from fans ("OMG WESKER <3 <3 <3 "), but unlike Sephiroth he can practically be seen as "rotten" from the start. But that "rotten" was balanced out by the fact that behind such (again, see "Pre-RE5") he had one hell of a mind. He knew when to cut losses, planned out goals much further ahead than many villains (if I fail in [x], do [y]. If I fail in [y], do [z]. Just the inclusion of a second fall-back is better than many villains, who only have one - if any - fallback). I think RE5 is a swift kick in the 'nads to Weskers' character, because he'd seen what happens to people who turn to super-mutative virus' to try and win fights. Several times. Fuck, he participated in the extermination of two of them.

Lastly, Konrad Curze from WH40K (as well as a few of his Legion followers). Mostly because he had a really, really shitty life, and at least recognized what he became (unlike some certain other Primarchs).
Back to top Go down
Wildthing
Newbie adventurer
Newbie adventurer
Wildthing

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:44 pm

General Shepard from CoD

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:32 pm

it said fave villians not worst I know there are worse i picked sephiroth is on my list cause well i wish i looked that cool long siver hair a body chicks melt for and that masvie long japanses sword hes just so dam cool and still evil
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:53 pm

dragonjaj wrote:
it said fave villians not worst I know there are worse i picked sephiroth is on my list cause well i wish i looked that cool long siver hair a body chicks melt for and that masvie long japanses sword hes just so dam cool and still evil

I always thought Sephiroth was overrated, but then again, I've never played Final Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 11:21 pm

The Rev wrote:
dragonjaj wrote:

I always thought Sephiroth was overrated, but then again, I've never played Final Fantasy.

I havent ether but i saw him in advent children and in the FF fighting game hes the bigest bad ass to beat
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 12:42 am

I'm thinking more like this.

i just couldnt resist doing this
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:14 am

hes just pissed that most of the world has never heard of him
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:25 am

dragonjaj wrote:
hes just pissed that most of the world has never heard of him

You know your probably right except I am a fan of old Kefka.

Just remembered another Villain fave.

Professor James Moriarty is a fictional character and the archenemy of the detective Sherlock Holmes in the fiction of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Moriarty is a criminal mastermind, described by Holmes as the "Napoleon of Crime". Doyle lifted the phrase from a real Scotland Yard inspector who was referring to Adam Worth, a real life model for Moriarty. As he is depicted as Holmes' greatest enemy, Moriarty is considered to be the primary antagonist of the entire series.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 5:10 am

[quote="Kai Leingod] Professor James Moriarty is a fictional character and the archenemy of the detective Sherlock Holmes in the fiction of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Moriarty is a criminal mastermind, described by Holmes as the "Napoleon of Crime". Doyle lifted the phrase from a real Scotland Yard inspector who was referring to Adam Worth, a real life model for Moriarty. As he is depicted as Holmes' greatest enemy, Moriarty is considered to be the primary antagonist of the entire series.[/quote]

Oh i forgot him Moriarty Was no mear villean he was a true crimanel master mind a artest in his chosen field.

That brings tomind another villain Carman candago. a true master mind in her oun right as well as hot as hell fire. She could rob you blind, steal your hart and leave yah wishing she do it again. lol
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:17 am

The Rev wrote:
dragonjaj wrote:

Sephiroth is overrated, but that doesn't mean he was a bad villain. People seem to make such connections often, though, that "Overrated = Actually Bad". He was no Hector (Iliad) or Faux Death (Reaperman), but he was still a good example of a Villain and works pretty well for his schtick. He is technically successful in his goals as well (at least two of them, anyways: Summoning Meteor and bringing down ShinRA).
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Favorite Villiains NINEBALL_SERAPH_by_taurustrin

The only TRUE villain I acknowledge who isn't some generic pretty boy mary sue or some mortal-turned-god that you see EVERYWHERE nowadays.

In a sense, he's misunderstood. He isn't truly evil, but his directives tell him to keep humanity from progressing too much and destroying themselves. An avid goal if you think about it.

However, Nineball is no pushover. He brandishes an ENTIRE arsenal of just about any weapon you can imagine, while utilizing a booster system that allows him to break mach1.

Being an AI, there is no angsty past for him to flaunt and, furthermore, this machine doesn't want sympathy like most pushover villains they put out. He's just there to put YOU in your place. And he's got the firepower to do it too.

That mech looks evil all righ but its only a blader they lack armor one or two shots from a heavy cannon pluse a mashingun spra it drops. and Nine ball was not a thret he died so fast i never erad his lines. ^_^; But i faver a heavy weapon mech mainly with quard or tank legs so its only the hiper speed guys that give me hell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Villiains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Villiains   Favorite Villiains Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Villiains
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next