Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space

Go down 
+3
rcs619
Archmage_Bael
ravaging vixen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Empty
PostSubject: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:30 pm

Hey if any of you played the orgional or second starcraft. have any of you noticed that the terran faction has a lil. cyberpunk/old west feel too it.

I mean c'mon. one of the factions in the race was the confederacy XD. not to mention most, if not all the units u have have a small southern accent to them XD. anybody find this cool and strange cause i just fully realized this when playing the second one.

(I'm really sad the wraith isn't around just for a personal savvy.)
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:48 pm

I haven't played the second one, I'd love to though.

Come to think of it, your statement about the western feel and the confederacy raises a good point. I never noticed that, then again I never paid that kind of attention to each of the factions. It might not be too far fetched to say they're all themed to a different kind of culture of humanity. It'd be hard to pin what the zerg would be though.

Of course they probably might not have cared enough, and it could just be coincidence.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I haven't played the second one, I'd love to though.

Come to think of it, your statement about the western feel and the confederacy raises a good point. I never noticed that, then again I never paid that kind of attention to each of the factions. It might not be too far fetched to say they're all themed to a different kind of culture of humanity. It'd be hard to pin what the zerg would be though.

Of course they probably might not have cared enough, and it could just be coincidence.

Umm...technically saying "western" and "cowboy" and comparing them to the Confederacy of the civil war really isn't that accurate. What you're looking for is "southern" or "southerners". THe civil war never spread west of Texas. The west was doing its own thing while the civil war raged in the eastern half of the country.

There's a differenece between cowboys and southerners =P
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 4:06 am

Personally I can relate to them better than the insane hive minded zerg or the fanatical religious nutjobs known as the protoss.

Also, I just can't say no to those sweet machines they use.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:03 am

Pendragon wrote:
Also, I just can't say no to those sweet machines they use.
Siege Tanks. Everywhere.
Also, Vikings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 7:49 am

If you look at the fluff the Terrans were out casts; and the southern drawl gave them a backwater feel. But as AJ and Pen stated if there is one thing they had above the other races; it's raw firepower.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:45 pm

ravaging vixens wrote:
(I'm really sad the wraith isn't around just for a personal savvy.)
It's in the campaign, as are most of the old units that were cut from multiplayer.

I like Terrans for their versatility, and the ability to lift off and relocate anywhere. It's awesome. And yes, the Odin and Thor are awesome.

The Southern accent adds to their rough-and-tumble theme. Most of the worlds in the Koprulu sector (especially the ones the initial colonization ships landed on) aren't exactly lush. Those that are were claimed by the Protoss long ago. They aren't sophisticated and refined. They're booze-guzzling, gun-shooting, tank-driving diehards. And boy, do I love 'em for it. Their answer for the Zerg: bigger guns. Answer for the Protoss: bigger guns.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:35 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
(especially the ones the initial colonization ships landed on)
Weren't they crashed prison ships or something?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
ravaging vixen
ravaging vixen

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:54 am

@AJ

No they were four carriers carrying criminals and some VIPS all four ships made it (with the exception of one being crippled) the one that landed on tarsonis had a supercomputer. So the colonist learned technology from it and made a powerful world (Tarsonis). Which then made the confederacy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space   Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starcraft: Terrans... Redneck cowboys in space
Page 1 of 1