Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Megaman Legends 3 has been announced

Go down 
+2
Anime-Junkie
Pendragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Empty
PostSubject: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:21 am

But it's for the 3DS.

http://www.destructoid.com/mega-man-legends-3-announced-for-3ds--185145.phtml

What are your opinions on it?

Spoiler:

But I guess it's better than nothing. I've been waiting eons for this game.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 7:29 am

Quote :
PSP
Nah, that really would never happen. Ever.

Anyway, of course they're doing it to attract people to their product. Look at what Microsoft did with the Direct Xbox and the Xbox 360
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:05 am

I'm indifferent, never played Legends, don't really know if I care about it or not, and I have no plans on getting a 3DS... ever.

Also this 3D thing about movies and games... is a fad. Soon people will bore of the 3D effects and go to normal gaming and TV.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:48 pm

About it being on a Nintendo system: So was the first one.

About it being on the 3DS: To my understanding, it does have more power than a standard DS. Possibly a bit more than the N64. Which, frankly, is good: The N64 version of Legends was gutted, so even if it's "just" the same quality and length of the first game it should be fine.

I'm looking forward to it, and this is finally giving me an incentive to buy a DS to go along with my GBA (provided the game isn't a terrible divergence from the first two). I don't care that the 3DS won't have GBA connectivity, I still have my GBA. I don't care about the "3D" stuff, many of the games coming out for it don't appear to be making use of such anyways.

Of course, I have a hunch that some people here would think me absurd for thinking Megaman Legends 3 doesn't need a "next gen" upgrade in graphics, audio, or so on. I don't see the need to break what ain't broke: The visuals for the first two games aren't bad, even going back from stuff like Dead Rising to them. The gameplay handled pretty consistently, and the mechanics were good enough without adding needless complexity. Hell, a "Megaman Legends: The Lost Digs" release that's just the first two games with a few extra dig sites would be eaten up by me, and I know there's at least one person on this forum whose response to "I'd buy a modern console game by a major game producer that is of PSX quality" is "You're a fucking dolt, those games are outdated."

Now, show of hands for something somewhat related to this topic, who doesn't think Nintendo is stuck producing kiddy and / or gimmick games and consoles, and deserves to be phased out.

Me wrote:
*Raises hand*
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:13 am

Quote :
Now, show of hands for something somewhat related to this topic, who doesn't think Nintendo is stuck producing kiddy and / or gimmick games and consoles, and deserves to be phased out.

*raises hand* 2D or 3D, I'd buy a 3DS anyway.(though it'd prolly be called something different if it had no 3D) My Lite's been through a lot and it deserves a much-needed retirement. Gimmicks are gimmicks, but it's still a more powerful console. I like Mario. I like Zelda. I absolutely frickin' love Pokemon, and I'm positive there'll be a wealth of lovable games for the 3DS throughout its life.

Games for the 3DS won't absolutely need to use the 3D to its max. SMT: Strange Journey barely uses the DS's touch screen, and it was released last spring. Same could apply for the 3D, and if it's too gimmicky for you, just turn it off, because you can do that.

Most importantly, the 3DS will sell like hotcakes. Nintendo will make a profit. That's kinda-sorta the point of running a business.

Quote :
I hate Nintendo very much for this move. I got a feeling they're doing this just to attract people to their handheld, screwing over both PSP and DS owners. You know they got the money to line Capcom's pockets.

Uhhh.....

Yeah...

Every gaming company in history has done this.....

Since the beginning of the industry........
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:25 am

I'll end up getting a 3DS at some point for pokemon black, kid icarus, and probably this game too.

I'm not really one to be too particular about graphics though. I enjoy graphics, but what's more important is the quality of the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:41 am

*raises hand* I personally believe that Nintendo is doing good, but they are capitalizing on a fad, that in a few years will end and sales of the 3DS and whatever Sony and Microsoft's answer to it will plummet straight into the ground. Plus the DS is well known for having VERY fragile hinges, the slightest bit of pressure on them will likely break the hinge cover, I doubt Nintendo has fixed this for their new 3DS. ALSO might I add that the top screen of the 3DS is basically... ALL Screen, there is no protection for that so you'll have to be extra careful or you'll break the top screen on the 3DS.

I apologize for getting off topic here as this IS about Megaman Legends 3. But this had to be said.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 6:43 am

Ugh. Thanks for misquoting me and basically calling me a retard guys. -_-

I'm angry because everyone defends this piece of crap, and the worst is they're just gonna replace it in less than 3 months. And if it wasn't Nintendo, you'd all lynch them by their asses. 3DS light, 3DSi, 3DS XL, I could go on and on. But the first poster in here actually had the gall to say the PSP was a piece of crap. Hoo boy, how funny that was. Inafune said there was a possibility of it being on a console in an interview with him on Lost Planet 2, and he even made remarks on how he would really make use of the 360 or Ps3 or even the Wii to make it a reality. But then it goes right on the 3DS. So pardon me if a sudden 300 dollar price tag is a bit hard to take.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

Point is I'm iffy about buying this even for Legends. And seeing the responses in this thread only furthered my decision. It's hard to make such a decision.

And hey, I'm sorry if I sound a little rude or if I'm jumping out. I just can't take this wanton love for Nintendo and rabid hatred for everything else. I see it EVERYWHERE else, and I hope that I don't see it here too. Guess I was an idiot for assuming that.

Last edited by Pendragon on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:04 am

Pendragon wrote:

Spoiler:

And hey, I'm sorry if I sound a little rude or if I'm jumping out. I just can't take this wanton love for Nintendo and rabid hatred for everything else. I see it EVERYWHERE else, and I hope that I don't see it here too. Guess I was an idiot for assuming that.

1. Yes, I enjoyed Metroid Other M, thank you VERY much, but I would've enjoyed it if it were on the PS2 or XBOX360 thank you VERY VERY much.

2. *points above to post where the 3DS is stated to be a piece of shit*

3. *Points to XBox 360 and PS2 sitting next to her Nintendo Wii* I'm not a console fangirl. I chose to get a Wii mainly for Metroid Prime trilogy and the Virtual Console. Not out of any real love for Nintendo.

4. You're calling people fanboys, when you yourself are a fanboy, but you don't admit to it, a little... hypocritical don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:35 am

You should check the system before calling it a piece of shit. You are heavily opinionated and it's obnoxious. Thank you and good night.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 am

Uh... I never said I hated the XBox or PlayStation. I own a 360 and a PS2. I never said you have to get a 3DS. o__o Calm down, don't let this get ugly over nothing D:
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 12:06 pm

Sounds fair enough Aisu. I just got a little frustrated since this reminded me of Sony's E3 press conference.

The people who keep shouting not to judge it before it comes out were the same folks who were talking trash about consoles before they even came out. So that rustled me.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:48 pm

The main reason I have a Wii instead of a 360 or PS3 was pricing: I have to buy my own game consoles now, and at the time I was unemployed. If I bought a 360 or PS3, it'd all be from my own pocket (see: no other gifts this Birthday-Christmas!), at a time when the cheapest PS3 was $400 and the cheapest 360 was $300. If I bought a Wii, I'd only have to pay half the $250 as my family would cover the other half due to interest in the games (Meaning instead of getting a console with one game to tide me over for another eleven months, I'd have a console with a half-dozen games for the same time period). If no real console has any games that I'm particularly looking forward to (I don't like God of War / Dynasty Warrior-like games, I am not a WTF-big jRPG guy, I'm not big on the sports or FPS scene, etcetera), I'm not particularly going to shell the extra money out either. And I'll still note that my Wii has seen less use since purchasing than my Gamecube. If I get the money I'm buying a 360 next, unless the PS3 gets the half-off deal (for its BluRay) that the Wii got.

I'm not a "Nintendo fanboy" so much as I'm sick of people who insist that Nintendo should have died ten years ago (most "humorous" when it's the people raving about how they can't wait for SE's FFXIV, or the new Halo game, at the same time), rave about 360 / PS3 like it's their religion, and so on. It's game consoles, if you're at the point you're attacking someone's character for either preference or - worse - just plain ownership ("You have a GC? What are you, four?"), then you're taking things a wee bit too far for such matters.

With that out of the way, speculation:

Do people think this is going to be more of a sequel, or "Lost Digs" type of game / the space between either Misadventures or Legends and Legends 2? I'm guessing it's going to be a space-between game, as once Volnutt's brought back from space you're pretty much on the final chapters of the series' story progression.

For gameplay, about how much do people think the stylus will be used, if at all? I highly doubt the 3D factor of the 3DS is going to be used much, but the Stylus might be used for some things such as combat or minigames (if it's a MML game, it better have minigames).
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

I hope none of the gimmicks are involved at all, leastwise the microphone.

Other than that, hopefully it would be like Legends 2 in island exploration, with Legends 1 having the island ruins all interconnect.

Maybe we could pilot the Gustaff. I'd love to see that. Or perhaps it could be about funding a rocket to help Megaman return. Roll and Tron are good diggers.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Pendragon wrote:
I hope none of the gimmicks are involved at all, leastwise the microphone.

Other than that, hopefully it would be like Legends 2 in island exploration, with Legends 1 having the island ruins all interconnect.
Speaking of such matters: How many VA's from MML1 and MML2 do people think will remain, and which are "necessary" to keep the feel? Ex: Would it feel like a MML with a new Tiesel? Could they get away with changing Trigger's voice a second time?
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 6:36 am

I doubt it. Inafune said he's gonna want fan input, so they'll push for the first VA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Megaman Legends 3 has been announced   Megaman Legends 3 has been announced Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Megaman Legends 3 has been announced
Page 1 of 1