Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kai's ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kaitheguy1234
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
kaitheguy1234

Kai's ideas Empty
PostSubject: Kai's ideas   Kai's ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:43 am

Couldn't think of a better title^^; But yeah! Here is where I'm going to post all the ideas I've had. MIGHT take awhile due alot of RL stuff, but we'll see! Here's the first. It came about after someone mentioned the need for more herbivores.

Chulu
6-7 feet tall
Threat: minimum.

Chulu are a large boar like creatures, with brown fur and very large tusks hanging out of their mouths, curving upwards. Also coming out of their mouths are several long fleshy looking tendrils with small hook-like ends, used for picking up food.

Chulu are a common race found in many areas of the Lydonite islands. Given the fact that they have very sharp tusks, many predators are wary of trying to hunt large groups of them. It is interesting to note that Chulu are very effective at adapting to new environments. In some places where they exist with little plant life, they have been noted to feed off of meat, mostly carrion and smaller animals.

When young, there isn’t much difference between males and females of the species. As they grow, the males tusks grow out and sharpen more around the ends, while the females gain smaller tendrils on their undersides with small openings at the end of each, used to feed their milk to their babies. The females also have much bushier, thicker fur.

These creatures are often used by Citizens of the Lydonite islands for their resources. The females are often brought in for their milk and fur, while the males are often used as beasts of burden or for their meat. Needless to say, due to the difficulty that can come from obtaining these creatures, the finer cuts of meat, as well as their finer fur can often be more expensive.

It should be noted that Chulu herders often have their livestock's pastures near the forested areas of the islands, so as to have somewhere safe to take their herds, should they spot large avial predators.

Last edited by kaitheguy1234 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Kai's ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kai's ideas   Kai's ideas Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 10:48 am

As already said, pretty nice work on these. It's really about time Felarya had a basic cattle-animal, I doubt horses could fill all those roles XD
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Kai's ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kai's ideas   Kai's ideas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:58 am

it's a nice idea and a cattle type of creature woudl make sense Smile
I shall follow that thread closely ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Kai's ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kai's ideas   Kai's ideas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:01 pm

now is that lydronite? or lydonite? xDDD
Back to top Go down
The Rev
Hero
Hero
The Rev

Kai's ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kai's ideas   Kai's ideas Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:07 pm

I like it, very original! The name is fun to say, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kai's ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kai's ideas   Kai's ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kai's ideas
Page 1 of 1