Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

General Q and A - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:32 am

For cats of all sizes and nature, I believe it's instinct. No matter how domesticated the house cat gets, it still can act like a big cat going out to hunt. If it prefers meat, it could be more down to instinct than anything else in my opinion.

Question: If I where to fall into the Akaptor desert, and stand there for 24 hours would I technically fall onto myself. Time paradox, seeing as it's yesterday there apparently.

Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:49 am

Kai Leingod wrote:
For cats of all sizes and nature, I believe it's instinct. No matter how domesticated the house cat gets, it still can act like a big cat going out to hunt. If it prefers meat, it could be more down to instinct than anything else in my opinion.

Question: If I where to fall into the Akaptor desert, and stand there for 24 hours would I technically fall onto myself. Time paradox, seeing as it's yesterday there apparently.

Er, no, the Akaptor Desert is "yesterday" in a more general sense - it is an area that has a connection to the far off past of Felarya, the barrier to which can be breached by stepping onto the sand. (Though this is dangerous and ill-advised.) The only way you could fall onto your self would be to somehow survive in the desert for millennia after falling there, up until the day when you fell in the present time-stream.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:44 am

Ah so no short cut to the destruction of time and space Sad
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:13 pm

Kai Leingod wrote:

Yeah, I can verify this as I've had two cats. They often acted so big and tough outside the home, but they were practically pushovers in the home.

Guess they gotta vent those instincts somewhere.

Jætte_Troll wrote:

Er, no, the Akaptor Desert is "yesterday" in a more general sense - it is an area that has a connection to the far off past of Felarya, the barrier to which can be breached by stepping onto the sand. (Though this is dangerous and ill-advised.) The only way you could fall onto your self would be to somehow survive in the desert for millennia after falling there, up until the day when you fell in the present time-stream.

That's an.... odd concept. But I can still grasp it.

Funny that Felarya never fails to surprise me with these new zones I never took time to look into before.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Would Dryads be scared of thunder given they're trees, and trees do not mix well with thunderstorms?
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:03 pm

Trees and dryads would like thunderstorms. That usually means rain. What you mean is, would they be afraid of lightning?

Aren't we all? Getting hit by lightning would suck no matter what you are. A dryad would though have the disadvantage of being really tall and not very mobile. But there are lots of really big trees in the Felaryan forest and its likely they would take the brunt of it.

Only if there was a lone, tall dryad in the middle of say, the Rocky Fields. Then, yeah, she would probably be afraid of getting blown up by lightning.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:22 pm

There's also how it could hit another tree and said tree could topple over her.
Back to top Go down
JonathanS223
Helpless prey
JonathanS223

PostSubject: Question about Dridders in Dridder Forest   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:58 am

Got a question. Smile

Could not find the information that I was looking for on the wiki or here so I thought to ask. When it comes to the Dridder forest south of Supprozad Ruins what type of Dridders would be found in that area.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://jonathans223.deviantart.com/gallery/27645345
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:29 am

JonathanS223 wrote:
Got a question. Smile

Could not find the information that I was looking for on the wiki or here so I thought to ask. When it comes to the Dridder forest south of Supprozad Ruins what type of Dridders would be found in that area.

Thanks!

Giant ones.

It would appear that the Dridders down in the dridder forest are more organized than those living in the jungle. They live in tribes, and do create tools, armor and even weapons from themselves.

In all likelyhood, they are the leftovers and descendants from Sineria's Dridder Empire. She tried to challenge the Guardians directly (and was powerful enough to actually make a good attempt at it), and they brought down the hammer on her. Her kingdom probably scattered, and its people reorganized into the many small tribes we currently see today in the Dridder forest.

There's also the Mansion...
Quote :
There is a rumor that somewhere, deep within the forest, stands a majestic mansion. The structure is beautiful and its quiet, flourishing garden make a striking contrast with the eerie air of the surroundings. A magical force field forbids any access to the mansion and the incredible power of this protection leads many mages to wonder who exactly inhabits this place. The local dridders either frown in anger when they see it, or ignore it entirely, adding even more to the mystery.

Personally, I think that mansion is where Sineria currently rests. Like Demechelle, they may have just decided to seal Sineria away forever instead of outright killing her. Maybe use her as an example to any other powerful Dridders that may decide to try what she did. The fact that local Dridders look at this place with anger, or try to ignore it supports my theory that Sineria is sealed away within that mansion.

Just my own theory though =P I don't think anyone knows if Sineria was sealed away or killed, and if she was sealed, I don't think an official resting place has been given.
Back to top Go down
Cowrie
Helpless prey

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:34 am

New question. If the feline parts of a sphinx are leoline, does that mean the males have manes?
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 9:39 am

in general no, but an individual could have mane yes, as a distinctive trait ^^
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
JonathanS223
Helpless prey
JonathanS223

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:01 pm

@rcs619,

Thanks! Appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
http://jonathans223.deviantart.com/gallery/27645345
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Following on from what rcs said, I'm pretty sure it's more than giant dridders in the dridder forest. Didn't Sineria's Dridder Empire and the dridder city encompass many different sizes of dridders?
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:47 pm

Anime-Junkie wrote:
Following on from what rcs said, I'm pretty sure it's more than giant dridders in the dridder forest. Didn't Sineria's Dridder Empire and the dridder city encompass many different sizes of dridders?

This is what I thought. I believe the Empire included all sizes of Dridder.

And yes, the mansion is, as far as I know, the resting place of Sineria.

Now, for my question - did the Dridder Empire precede of come after Ur-Sagol? I may be drawing this from nowhere, but did the Elves ever have an Empire, when they were greater in number?
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:03 am

Jætte_Troll wrote:
Now, for my question - did the Dridder Empire precede of come after Ur-Sagol? I may be drawing this from nowhere, but did the Elves ever have an Empire, when they were greater in number?

From my understanding the northern regions past the Oloonde Lakelands are still heavy in elven population.

As to timelines, myself and Karbo have spoken briefly in regards to them and as of our discussion Ur Sagol and Sineria's Empire occurred roughly within the same relative timeframe (give or take a few units of time), with Sagol being the before and Sineria the after if placement is required.
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:34 am

Indeed I really need to establish a solid time frame of events ^^;

For now it would be roughly :

Creation of Felarya - unknown times ------- Beast of the past time -------------------- many millenia passing ---------------------- war with the Correctors -------- Rise of the Titans ------ Fall of Alcazath ----------- Founding of Ur-Sagol ------- Fall of Ur-Sagol ------ fall of Sineria ( I imagine it's possible Ur-Sagol and Sinera's empire could have existed at roughly the same time )) ------Founding of Negav ------ Déméchrelle is sealed -------- present time
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:57 am

And then you create a time paradox by falling on yourself in the off-chance you managed to live through all of this and stayed in the exact same spot.
Back to top Go down
aethernavale
Great warrior
Great warrior

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:20 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
And then you create a time paradox by falling on yourself in the off-chance you managed to live through all of this and stayed in the exact same spot.

Nay, I have a way to fix that. Something I intend to be making use of - a little time travel paradigm if you will.
Back to top Go down
moonlight-pendent13
Helpless prey
moonlight-pendent13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:15 am

I was wondering what kinda creatures would prey on the larger species such as giant centaurs sphinxes Nagas even Dridders there must be some larger creatures to keep population in check though I know of those giant trees that do so only have to eat once or week or less so I'd imagine that if there are other creatures large enough they'd be the same way roughly only eating a large meal every once in awhile.

Another another thing about centaurs even if they do eat smaller creatures I'd imagine that their diets would like their animal counterparts be mostly vegetation considering especially the ones out in those huge grassy fields.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:22 am

Well there are big wild animals and I assume giant predators fall to a pack of Kenshas once in a while. There's also those giant squids.
Back to top Go down
moonlight-pendent13
Helpless prey
moonlight-pendent13

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:30 am

Sean Okotami wrote:
Well there are big wild animals and I assume giant predators fall to a pack of Kenshas once in a while. There's also those giant squids.

This is true but those are mostly jungle area animals. Usually I think there must be larger fish in the sea so to speak as well as desert creatures and creatures out on the great plains too.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:36 am

Well the desert has the Time Sharks (all they lack are frickin' laser beams), and I think the sea has the volasaurus. I don't know about the great rocky field. I usually think that creatures that rank as High or higher on the Threat-O-Meter tend to also prey on the hybrid predators.
Back to top Go down
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:36 am

I think predators usually have low birth rates to keep their numbers from spiralling out of control.

But on the level of threats, there should be some very dangerous creatures that they'd want to avoid, like packs of kensha, hives of tonorions led by abyssal tonorions, the occasional time shark, etc.
Back to top Go down
CauldronBorn24
Loremaster
CauldronBorn24

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:39 pm

You don't really need a low birth rate; a low baby to aldut survival rate would work as popultion control.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 pm

CauldronBorn24 wrote:
You don't really need a low birth rate; a low baby to aldut survival rate would work as popultion control.

That seems to be the general consensus.

It takes 40 years for a predator to reach full size, and most predators spend a good quarter of that at or near human size. Except Fairies, giant Elves, and other live-birth preds, but they're the minority of the pred population. Most pred species do go through an extended time where they are quite small and vulnerable.

Reaching adulthood out in the jungle is a big accomplishment. While they certainly have a lot less threats than other things out there, they will have some potential problems. Kenshas, giant vipers, poisonous plants, and all kinds of large wildlife that can maim or poison. You don't need something to one-shot a pred to be a threat. The jungle preys on weakness, and a good maiming can be fatal to someone if it takes too long to heal up.

Also, when I say large, Im referring to the scale chart I made up:
- Tiny: Neera, Tomthumbs, Squirrels, Jackelopes, etc.
- Small: Dogs, Cats, Chupacabras, etc.
- Normal: Humans, Elves, Human-sized hybrids, etc.
- Big: Druiker, Wolves, Lions, Tigers, Bears (Oh my!), Sharks, etc.
- Huge: Tonorions, Elephants, Rhinos, T-rex's, etc.
- Large: Kensha Beasts, Marsh Vipers, various other animals that are large enough to seriously injure giant hybrids,etc.
- Giant: Nagas, River Mermaids, Dryads, Giant-sized hybrids, etc.
- Massive: Giant Flying Squid, the giant plant that eats predators, various creatures that can easily kill even the giant hybrids, etc.
- Holy God, that is Fucking HUGE: The Giant Tree (Likely the largest living creature in the multiverse, or at least in the top-10).
** Other ** : Fairies (They have no "true" size).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next