Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

General Q and A - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:25 pm

gt500x wrote:
Not so important question...

Has anyone considered the Bermuda Triangle to be Earth's own dimensionally unstable zone, perhaps the only fixed zone leading to Felarya? I wonder if some WWII pilots might find themselves in Felarya. Or a Disney cruise ship even, lol.

Some little kid cries, "Mommy why is Ariel eating Mickey?"

That would be hillarious, lol

...until the little kid gets eaten.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the rules and posted a question over someone else's question. Please answer Sean's inquiry somebody.

thers 3 places like that on earth

The devils trangle (bermuda)

The Dragons sea (japan)

And the white void (Alaska)
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:32 pm

One question at a time please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:00 am

I once read a story that said that fairies can't change size without their wings. Is this canon?
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:13 am

Size changing magic requires a huge amount of magic. Fairy wings either act like capacitors or collection arrays (depends who you ask) for magic, meaning the huge amount of magic required is there. So with out thesecapacitors/collection arrays the fairy can not change size as they don't have the required magic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:30 am

This might have been answered somewhere in the forum, but I can't really find it. Or at least haven't searched as hard as I could have. And yes, I'm also aware the question won't have an 'official' answe, but it's based mainly off opinion. That said, here goes.

I'm pretty sure most of the giant creatures in Felarya are born small, like nagas and dridders and the likes, but around what age do they either begin to grow to the more giant size, or when do they actually reach a size that could be considered macro? Just a general idea, doesn't need to be specific. I'm just curious if there's any particular ages where most species begin their growth, since it seems even some younger creatures can be gigantic too. Hope I don't sound stupid for asking all this.

Edit: Also, if I broke a rule by posting over someone else's question, sorry, didn't mean to. *Facepalm*
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Salvyrn wrote:
This might have been answered somewhere in the forum, but I can't really find it. Or at least haven't searched as hard as I could have. And yes, I'm also aware the question won't have an 'official' answe, but it's based mainly off opinion. That said, here goes.

I'm pretty sure most of the giant creatures in Felarya are born small, like nagas and dridders and the likes, but around what age do they either begin to grow to the more giant size, or when do they actually reach a size that could be considered macro? Just a general idea, doesn't need to be specific. I'm just curious if there's any particular ages where most species begin their growth, since it seems even some younger creatures can be gigantic too. Hope I don't sound stupid for asking all this.

Edit: Also, if I broke a rule by posting over someone else's question, sorry, didn't mean to. *Facepalm*

This depends largely on species.

Nagas, Dridders, Mermaids, Harpies (and other egg-laying predators) are a bit smaller when they are born. A newborn pred hatched from an egg is about the size of a small to medium human child (slightly smaller in length than its parent's finger, since a full-grown human is about as long as a finger to a pred). This likely varies a bit, of course, but think somewhere between 3 and 4ft tall. The main advantage to this is that the mother never really shows symptoms of pregnancy, so she is not hindered by it.

Predators who give birth to live young (Nekos, Fairies, Elves, Centaurs, Pantaurs, etc) are a bit different. The mother goes through pregnancy symptoms similarly to a human mother. Luckily, most of the species that this happens to, tend to be more social. Fairies, Elves, Nekos, Centaurs and the like almost always live in groups. The mother can be helped along by her companions/friends/neighbors. When the baby is born, it is a good deal larger than an egg-born pred, and would be roughly as large to its parents as a newborn human would be to its own. Not sure about an exact length there...but it would easily be over 10ft, probably closer to 15ft tall. Somewhere around there anyway.

It takes a predator roughly 40 years to reach full-size, with the anti-aging factor kicking in around 50 or 60 years of age.
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:04 pm

rcs619 wrote:

This depends largely on species.

Nagas, Dridders, Mermaids, Harpies (and other egg-laying predators) are a bit smaller when they are born. A newborn pred hatched from an egg is about the size of a small to medium human child (slightly smaller in length than its parent's finger, since a full-grown human is about as long as a finger to a pred). This likely varies a bit, of course, but think somewhere between 3 and 4ft tall. The main advantage to this is that the mother never really shows symptoms of pregnancy, so she is not hindered by it.

Predators who give birth to live young (Nekos, Fairies, Elves, Centaurs, Pantaurs, etc) are a bit different. The mother goes through pregnancy symptoms similarly to a human mother. Luckily, most of the species that this happens to, tend to be more social. Fairies, Elves, Nekos, Centaurs and the like almost always live in groups. The mother can be helped along by her companions/friends/neighbors. When the baby is born, it is a good deal larger than an egg-born pred, and would be roughly as large to its parents as a newborn human would be to its own. Not sure about an exact length there...but it would easily be over 10ft, probably closer to 15ft tall. Somewhere around there anyway.

It takes a predator roughly 40 years to reach full-size, with the anti-aging factor kicking in around 50 or 60 years of age.

Hmm, alright then. That pretty much answers my question. Thanks for the help! I was just curious because I didn't see anything about it when I looked around.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

I have a question how acute are naga senses?

can they feel the air move around them like a fish in water can they like other snakes detect there prey through tremors and can they see heat emanate from there foods body like some snakes can
considering the fact that they don't have a forked tongue how good is there sense of smell?

oh dear I turned one question and tried to narrow it down into many

oh yes on a side note if I was to poke anna in the hand with a machete would it go down badly?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 pm

It functions essentially like a snake's heat sense.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 2:41 pm

Sean Okotami wrote:
It functions essentially like a snake's heat sense.

thats quite an astounding talent. turns around and puts Predator on.
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:24 pm

If you poked Anna in the hand with a machete it would go down messily.
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 4:56 pm

About as bad as a nude Al Roker photo

Last edited by gt500x on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:10 pm

Kai Leingod wrote:
I have a question how acute are naga senses?

can they feel the air move around them like a fish in water can they like other snakes detect there prey through tremors and can they see heat emanate from there foods body like some snakes can
considering the fact that they don't have a forked tongue how good is there sense of smell?

oh dear I turned one question and tried to narrow it down into many

oh yes on a side note if I was to poke anna in the hand with a machete would it go down badly?

Let's see...

As far as physical senses go. Sight is likely similar to human sight. Hearing is a bit better. Smell is better. Nagas are one of the few races that are able to sense the magical field that every living thing in Felarya has running through them (this is a substitute for a snake's heat sense). It is likely that their underbellies can sense vibrations, but it would really only be good for larger creatures, humans would be far too small.

It is important to note that, like all other preds with various enhanced senses, they aren't perfect. A naga isn't going to be able to pin-point a human that is well-hidden and keeping still. Even their magical field sense only helps them determine the general area something is hiding. It is quite possible to keep hidden, wait out a pred, and have them just give up and leave to find something else.

Also, since they have no forked tongue, smell is handled through their noses, like a human.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Not all nagas have forked tongue. I don't recall Crisis or Vivian having one through pictures.
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:37 am

Snakes use there forked Tongue to taste the air but what they do is take the particles to an organ inside there head where it's built for the purpose of tasting the air.
If they have human eyes they would have problems in the dark and not all snakes have evolved the senses to detect heat that acutely.
There is one species of adders a venomous one I know that, that can detect vibrations in the ground by resting it's lower jaw on the ground.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the species of snake the one that can detect tremors was supposedly to have heightened senses for when it's prey got closer it could see it's heat signature.

Not like it is anything out of predator also before I die I have one last thing to say: "If it bleeds we can kill it!" not that I would want to just saying
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:51 am

side winders feel the ground and rattlers strike at body heat.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Question:

Are the Sphinxes not tauric? I understand the Pantaurs are for sure, but what about the Blue Sphinx? I was under the impression that all Spinxes were tauric but I want to verify that.

Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:36 pm

gt500x wrote:
Question:

Are the Sphinxes not tauric? I understand the Pantaurs are for sure, but what about the Blue Sphinx? I was under the impression that all Spinxes were tauric but I want to verify that.

Nearly all are. I think the Blue Sphinx is an exception, and it is a much older entry into the wiki, before a lot of the current rules and trends were set.

In general though, a Sphinx is generally just a winged Pantaur.
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Personal Opinion: Pantaurs should be put in the shelf for a while to focus more on the normal variety. Almost everyone is on the Pantaurs.
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 6:14 pm

It does seem unnecessary to have Pantaurs when we have Centaurs. I'm not a big fan of that, but oh well. Thanks for clearing that up. I wish there was some image out there of a Blue Sphinx so I can visualize it exactly. I don't want to describe it incorrectly in a story.

Another question:
Is everything in Felarya larger, sorta scaled up to the predators? What I mean to say is, is the relative height of a mountain to us humans on earth is equal to the relative height to giant predators on Felarya? It seems humans in should Felarya should be just a little taller than a blade of grass.

Last edited by gt500x on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 9:33 pm

gt500x wrote:
Question:

Mos Sphinxes i know of are winged lions with a face mixed of human and cat and have 2 or 4 large breasts and they have browen or gold fur
Back to top Go down
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

If Felarya is a plain of existence that follows it own laws does it have a sun I know it has a day and night cycle
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Kai Leingod wrote:
If Felarya is a plain of existence that follows it own laws does it have a sun I know it has a day and night cycle

Felarya has a sun... or suns... and they are not really Felarya's suns. It's more borrowing the suns.

Your answer should be found here.

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Physics#The_Felaryan_sky
Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Kai Leingod
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Kai Leingod

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:15 pm

hmm strange question but hey are a Nagas stomach immune to chemicals that would make some one throw up and how does the anti magic thing work does it mean no arcana can channeled once consumed
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:24 pm

The anti-magic is not a trait for all species, only a very few ones. As for the stomach, probably. I think the strength is that it's very stretchy, you know, like a snake's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next