Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

General Q and A - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:14 pm

ok new thread created. Go there f you want to discuss about that giant neko. let's stop the discussion in this one.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Black Aquila
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Black Aquila

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:14 pm

I've got to say, I really don't find anything wrong with the idea of Giant Nekos...
I also don't see why there can't be any size-shifting magics other then what the Fairies use.

Really, just because we haven't seen ether before doesn't mean that they couldn't exist.
Giant Nekos could hail from a distance part of Felarya, possibly one without a super-sized variant of predator we're uses to.
(I haven't read the Vore Comic, but I'd find it funny if this Neko were to come across a Giant Naga and scream "Oh my gods, A GIANT NAGA!!!")

As for Size-changing Magic, it's possibly that it's just not practiced, probably because it ether:
A) Makes you smaller and thus more likely to get eaten.
Or...
B) Makes you larger, getting you confused for some giant predator and thus more likely to be killed.

...And now I want to do a Neera scorceress charachter who specilizes in Size-altering magic...
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:16 pm

youre right zion Razz but when i see karbo saying things like "wheres the big deal" and "As for that neko question, I really don't see what the big fuss is about. I personnaly don't like absolute rules, and even then there is several ways you could have that giant neko. That's not the end of the world."

it just means i got my answer.

thank you aisu, it was the right thing to do Smile

karbo, i give you a demi-yes, because everytime there is a debate, "super"-aisu comes in and tell us to stop arguing because fight is useless and blabla. i will be frank: its annoying.

(NOTE: damn saw your post a little too late karbo :/)
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:17 pm

I'm done arguing, but that doesn't give anyone here the right to insult me. I have feelings, and maybe they're a bit brittle right now.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Quote :
now back to you rcs, i think our position are clear.

but, for me, felarya is at a point where it is a literary place. and my thoughts about literature are simple: everything is possible as long as it respects the author's view. (it may be unclear, so ill just say as long as karbo says its okay, lets go!)

Yep, its another form vs. function debate where there's really no middle-ground. ..and to be fair, your view is valid =)

Im just of the belief that the canon of the setting, and helping the canon to make the most sense, is the most important thing when it comes to new ideas. Anything is possible, but within the set rules of the canon.

Just differing literary views, I guess.

Quote :
As for that neko question, I really don't see what the big fuss is about. I personnaly don't like absolute rules, and even then there is several ways you could have that giant neko. That's not the end of the world.

My issue was not so much with a giant neko (yes, there are several ways a giant neko could be made), but with the idea of a race of them. That's where my sticking point was.

Either way, Jeatte pretty much summed up my views on the matter, so me talking more on the subject is kind of unnecissary.

Quote :
Is there only one tonorion hive in Felarya, or is the one on the map only the largest?

I imagine there would be more than one. I think the one in the forest of whispers is just abnormally massive.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:20 pm

i liked your smile there hun Razz
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:24 pm

Speak less and say more. Gonna take my own advice here. I think all that we need to do is work harder at promoting the lesser used species of Felarya. This might be the only way to combat future flood of fairies, giant nekos, and nagas. .

Back to top Go down
Grave
Marauder of the deep jungle
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 10:46 am

Black Aquila wrote:
Hmmm... how would Crisis react to a Giant Neko?

I already told Karbo Crisis needs to make a ridiculous attempt to nom Caylin at some point.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 1:50 pm

What's the name of that large river that flows through the Green Hell, Deeper Felarya, and Evernight Forest before joining the Chordoni river and entering Jadong Lake?
Back to top Go down
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:24 pm

OK, I know the last question hasn't been answered, but it's probably a pretty easy one for anyone who actually knows the answer.

So, I'm curious about the great dimensional gate. Specifically, how the 'connect to any portal' effect works. First, the effect only goes one-way, correct? i.e. you use the gate to hop to a closed portal network, I assume you'd then be trapped there until you could find a way out normally, right? Thus, the Great dimensional gate can connect to any active portal, but not vice versa?

Second, I was curious about how easy it is to use it to return to Negav? I assume the great dimensional gate would have little trouble connecting to any standing portal there, but the Felarya Express seams to indicate that there is at least some non-teleportation-based traffic between the two locations. Or maybe it's just ferrying people from Negav to Ur-Sagol, and then returning to pick up more?

I've probably just missed something obvious, and will now look like a fool, but that's what the internet is for. Razz

Thought?
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Jasconius wrote:
What's the name of that large river that flows through the Green Hell, Deeper Felarya, and Evernight Forest before joining the Chordoni river and entering Jadong Lake?
It may be the Shard River. I'm not sure. In the Rivers of Felarya page, it is the only one with no description.
Back to top Go down
Solomon

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:04 pm

I wonder could there be Rock Monsters in Felarya Question
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:10 pm

PrinnyDood wrote:
OK, I know the last question hasn't been answered, but it's probably a pretty easy one for anyone who actually knows the answer.

So, I'm curious about the great dimensional gate. Specifically, how the 'connect to any portal' effect works. First, the effect only goes one-way, correct? i.e. you use the gate to hop to a closed portal network, I assume you'd then be trapped there until you could find a way out normally, right? Thus, the Great dimensional gate can connect to any active portal, but not vice versa?
I've assumed that once the connection was active it was two way, unless the exit gate was somehow limited.
PrinnyDood wrote:
Second, I was curious about how easy it is to use it to return to Negav? I assume the great dimensional gate would have little trouble connecting to any standing portal there, but the Felarya Express seams to indicate that there is at least some non-teleportation-based traffic between the two locations. Or maybe it's just ferrying people from Negav to Ur-Sagol, and then returning to pick up more?

I've probably just missed something obvious, and will now look like a fool, but that's what the internet is for. Razz

Thought?
As far as I know, gates require configuration. The Ur-Sagol gate is by far the easiest to configure, as the wiki says merely thinking about where you wish to go is sufficient for the gate to accurately teleport you to your destination gate. I'd say the Negav gate requires a mage to configure it for the exit portal.

Now this part is purely speculation, but I believe makes sense:
The gates are quite large and the Negav gate (at least) would be subject to constant traffic. I'd say that when configuring a portal, it's possible only a portion of the portal to the destination. So when there's low traffic to a particular destination, the area of the portal that goes to that destination would be reduced.

Solomon wrote:
I wonder could there be Rock Monsters in Felarya Question
Solomon, if you read the guidelines at the beginning of this thread, notice "One question at a time."

The question asked before yours has not been answered yet. Wait until it has before asking. Anyway, your question is very ambiguous. Just what do you mean by 'Rock Monster?"
There are earth elemental which can have bodies made of rock, stone, metal ores, mud and dirt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:06 am

Quote :

Just to be clear, what do you mean when you're talking about the Great dimensional gate? I assume you're talking about the one in Ur-sagol.

But yeah, the Ur-sagolian gate seems to be much more powerful, in the sense that it can connect to any gate simply by thinking of the location. Also, I always had the impression that the Ur-Sagolian gate only went one-way. It will take you to any location just by thinking, but you can't connect to the Ur-Sagolian gate from anywhere else.

The Negavian dimensional gate connects to the dozens of different worlds that Negav trades with, and people are entering and leaving Felarya through it constantly. The general consensus is that there is some kind of control device for it that programs where it connects to. In all likelyhood, there is a fixed location on each of the specific worlds that Negav always connects to (to make trade with that world consistant and easy). You probably even have small trade towns that have sprung up around the points on each world that Negav regularly connects to.

Honestly, there isn't much travel between Negav and Ur-Sagol. The only reasons to even go to Ur-Sagol is to explore the ruins, or to make a run for the Ur-sagolian dimensional gate. The trip is extremely long and dangerous though. The Felaryan Express isn't really a good example to bring up, since its whole point for existing makes no sense.

Last edited by rcs619 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:21 am

rcs619 wrote:
But yeah, the Ur-sagolian gate seems to be much more powerful, in the sense that it can connect to anywhere simply by thinking of a location.
Actually, the wiki says:
"Another mystery is how easy it is to use the gate. Merely thinking about where you wish to go is sufficient for the gate to accurately teleport you to your destination gate."

Once a connection is established, it's going to be held unless the exit gate can't/isn't prepared to hold the connection.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 5:23 am

Anime-Junkie wrote:
rcs619 wrote:
But yeah, the Ur-sagolian gate seems to be much more powerful, in the sense that it can connect to anywhere simply by thinking of a location.
Actually, the wiki says:
"Another mystery is how easy it is to use the gate. Merely thinking about where you wish to go is sufficient for the gate to accurately teleport you to your destination gate."
Once a connection is established, it's going to be held unless the exit gate can't/isn't prepared to hold the connection.

I don't think it will.

The Ur-Sagolian gate is essentially hacking its way into an existing gate network, and forcing a connection between itself and them. I don't think that connection is going to hold once you pass through. The Ur-Sagolian gate requires thought to work, and once you pass through, it should go dormant again.
Back to top Go down
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 6:04 am

Back to top Go down
luke112
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
luke112

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:16 pm

i wonder if a super concretated cocktail of Lethal vemoms were inject into a giant pred, Would they be seriously harm? or would they die quickly even if the venom is in a relitivly small amount? (like 1/3 of a liter of venom when compared of the kiloliters of blood the pred would have)
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2011 7:25 pm

luke112 wrote:
i wonder if a super concretated cocktail of Lethal vemoms were inject into a giant pred, Would they be seriously harm? or would they die quickly even if the venom is in a relitivly small amount? (like 1/3 of a liter of venom when compared of the kiloliters of blood the pred would have)

Keep in mind, mixing venoms doesn't necissarily make them stronger, it just adds multiple effects to the concoction.

It would depend entirely on the type of venom used, and more importantly, the quantity. I seriously doubt there's any kind of venom that you can pack into a projectile and have it work. That is the reason why no one tries to poision a pred to death. You'd need such huge amounts that it would need to be strapped onto a rocket or something, and if you're going to use a rocket...why not just use a regular rocket, since that's lethal anyway.

I imagine Cauldron will be able to go much more in-depth on the subject though.
Back to top Go down
Oldman40k2003
Oldman40k2003

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 10:14 am

luke112 wrote:

Yes, as rcs619 said, go talk to CauldronBorn24; he knows much about biological and chemical weapons, which is what venom really is.
Back to top Go down
http://oldman40k2003.deviantart.com/
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I have read on the wiki that Felarya has no space, then dose it have stars, moons, a sun?
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:59 pm

space_samurai wrote:
I have read on the wiki that Felarya has no space, then dose it have stars, moons, a sun?

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Physics#The_Felaryan_sky

Felarya has no space, instead, its sky acts as a massive, one-way rift (people in Felarya can see out, but no one in real-space can see into, or go to Felarya) that connects to certain types of starts at the correct distance to maintain a constant temperature. The same goes for the moons, to maintain a balanced tidal cycle. The stars and moons in the night sky will change occaisionally, as the Felaryan sky links up to a new location in space. The sun changes too, but its pretty much impossible to notice, since it only connects to specific types of stars.

The entire article about the physics of Felarya's dimensional plane is very informative, and addresses a lot of its wierder aspects.
Back to top Go down
space_samurai
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
space_samurai

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:09 pm

Thanks, I think I just learned more then I did in my Science class LOL

so I guess this would mean using the stars as navigation at night is out of the question
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:13 pm

space_samurai wrote:
Thanks, I think I just learned more then I did in my Science class LOL

so I guess this would mean using the stars as navigation at night is out of the question

Pretty much. Well, you could, but you just have to expect for the sky to shift on occaision. It isn't like it shifts every night.
Back to top Go down
Grave
Grave

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Where's all the poop?

Laughing

Ok, seriously... where do these giant preds go to do number 2? I know Negav has a sewage system, but I would think that in the jungle you would eventually run into some... I guess in stories people avoid the subject for obvious reasons.... but what does each species do about this?

Should a Felaryan traveler be concerned that they may get hit from above by fairy/sphinx/harpy.

I mean...it would be one thing to get hit by a pigeon.... but.....errr....yea....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next