Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General Q and A

Go down 
+65
Stabs
Rezec
macdaddy
Lobo
Pim18
asaenvolk
X
space_samurai
PrinnyDood
zersergathant
Black Aquila
Sehoolighan
Black Hole Fragment
Solomon
M19Kamikaze
Tuc135
GREGOLE
Vaderaz
Darkstorm Zero
buddha66667
French snack
Zillachary
thejackle123
Warrior3000
Krisexy26
walkingbyself
luke112
ginbug
Prof.Nekko
Malahite
Malhavoc Shade
Shadeofheave
CauldronBorn24
moonlight-pendent13
JonathanS223
Cowrie
kaitheguy1234
EdgedWeapon
Pendragon
ravaging vixen
gwadahunter2222
Jætte_Troll
Kai Leingod
Salvyrn
timing2
aethernavale
Oldman40k2003
dragonjaj
sparkythechu
MrNobody13
AisuKaiko
Slimetoad
Grave
Archmage_Bael
itsmeyouidiot
codaman
Feadraug
TheLightLost
rcs619
ZionAtriedes
DaNoob13
Shady Knight
Karbo
Anime-Junkie
Jasconius
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

General Q and A - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
bring me a quote from the wiki.

http://felarya.com/wiki/index.php?title=Magic#Fairy_Size-Shifting

"According to him, the concept of "size" simply does not exist for Felaryan fairies the way we recognize it. A fairy does not actually change their physical size, ever, they simply have the ability to change their size in relation to everything else. Mezzus dubbed this ability as "Dimensional Scaling"."

Only a very speciallized, unique form of magic can affect the size of a person. Only Fairies (and angels/demons too since they are divine and overpowered) can even use this kind of magic.

Also, fairy magic wears off when the shrunken person moves away from the spellcaster. Not even Fairies are capable of permanent size-altering magic. It would take some kind of extremely powerful outside force to permanently alter someone's size.
Back to top Go down
Vaderaz
Veteran knight
Veteran knight
Vaderaz

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Well, well you talk about rules, but consider also that nagas, dridders etc... aren't suposed to be giants in real mythologie, so if there are giant nagas, why would there not be others giant species?

Human sized nagas, inus, nekos etc..., are acceptable because its suposed to be the general/original size, but then, there is the main feature of Felarya that says that there are plenty of different species of giant predators. Of course, there should be some limits or some species ( I don't think that mini-nekos or giant-mouse girls should be possible), but considering the kind of world we are working on, I don't think it's much a problem.
Back to top Go down
http://vaderaz.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:36 pm

I need to bring up something about fairies, it's never openly stated that the shrinking and such wears off only when the victim gets too far away. It only says that it's temporary and doesn't specify beyond that, other than Fairy Glass items can make the size-shifting last longer.

Other than that, this is really making a mountain out of a mole hill. We know nothing of the neko other than she's a giant and her lover is a scarlet elf. Criticizing is good, but I would call this jumping the gun since we have too little information about the character to do any kind of assumption.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Overall, it's not really worth it. The advent of giant nekos won't affect my story, nor do I think it'll affect 99% of others. Not worth starting another frickin' argument over it, people.

Chill out. I'm sick of this shit.
Back to top Go down
http://aisukaiko.deviantart.com
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Atlas wrote:
Well, well you talk about rules, but consider also that nagas, dridders etc... aren't suposed to be giants in real mythologie, so if there are giant nagas, why would there not be others giant species?
Because HERE, they are giant. What we mean is that it seems stupid to a lot of us to have three different sizes for every single species.

AisuKaiko wrote:
Not worth starting another frickin' argument over it, people.

Chill out. I'm sick of this shit.
For once, I think that you're the one being confrontational, Aisu.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:40 pm

ah i agree with atlas Razz

maybe theres the fact that giant nekos does already exist. just like nagas and giant dridders. they are there too.

Last edited by Krisexy26 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://krisexy26.deviantart.com/
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:41 pm

If the only way to stop two people from arguing is to bang their heads together until they go unconscious, then so be it. Peace at all costs.
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

Location : Behind you. No, above! Oh, too late, I already got you. NINJA SKILLZ!

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Aisu, by declaring it an argument, you're going to make it one. There are debates, and there are arguments.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:42 pm

sorry aisu, but ehm...no youre just talking in the void...

youre bringing absolutely nothing to the debate.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
ah i agree with atlas Razz

maybe theres the fact that giant nekos does already exist. just like nagas and giant dridders. they are there too.

...and we've never had a single documented example in the 6 years Felarya has been around? I just don't buy that.

I just don't think giant Nekos deserve to get added in on a whim, when they not only don't make sense, but bring nothing new to the table. They're just Nekos...but giant. There's literally no jusification for their existance other than "Karbo wanted a giant sexy neko for his vore comic." Im sorry, but I just don't think that's good enough. Not when so many of us work so hard on our species ideas.

Not to mention the bad precedent it sets, and the huge opening it creates for the inevitable flood of giant nekos that will follow in the comic's wake.

Last edited by rcs619 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
youre just talking in the void....

I think I am, if only because all of you are so hellbent on proving yourselves right and others wrong that you're willing to throw the forum's stability by the wayside and jump in with accusations and whatnot.

Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:47 pm

We've hit two pages for one question, perhaps we should make a new thread dedicated to giant nekos?
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:50 pm

well its better than a huge flood of giant nagas which you participated in rcs.

i dont think that bringing back an old bad precedent is a good reason to decline the idea <.<

well yeah everything cannot be documented in 6 years. give the time for ideas to come.

"nekos are just nekos...but giant" thats just pure rhetoric. humans sized nagas are like giant sized nagas...just smaller. then why do we have human sized nagas and giant nagas while we do not have giant nekos while having human sized neko?
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 pm

AisuKaiko wrote:
Krisexy26 wrote:
youre just talking in the void....

I think I am, if only because all of you are so hellbent on proving yourselves right and others wrong that you're willing to throw the forum's stability by the wayside and jump in with accusations and whatnot.

Aisu, I think you're exaggerating. If you keep seeing arguments every time there's a difference of opinion, that's what they'll become.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:54 pm

The people who are involved in this argument, I'm getting the vibe from your posts that tell me "I don't care what's at stake; I just want to prove someone wrong and myself right."

Which is why I jumped in. I felt the need. I knew where this was headed, and I wanted to stop it.
Back to top Go down
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:56 pm

youre just contributing to it.

youre already starting to piss me off a bit with youre useless posts.
Back to top Go down
rcs619
Felarya cartographer
Felarya cartographer

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Quote :
well its better than a huge flood of giant nagas which you participated in rcs.

I made Fiona before the flood of nagas. The naga flood is the main reason I've only made ONE other naga character since then, and she had unique species-related traits to actually make her stand out.

Quote :
"nekos are just nekos...but giant" thats just pure rhetoric. humans sized nagas are like giant sized nagas...just smaller. then why do we have human sized nagas and giant nagas while we do not have giant nekos while having human sized neko?

Not every species needs a human-sized, giant and tiny variant. There CAN be some species that are ONLY one size. Like my Inu, I never intended for them to be anything other than human-sized. Same with my shrimp hybrid species. Having multiple-sized versions of a species can be interesting, and it goes to show that giant hybrids are a minority of Felarya's hybrid population, but there needs to be a limit.

Nekos have ONLY been human-sized to this point. I see no good reason to change that all of a sudden.

Also, Aisu, this is a civil debate. By claiming its an argument and that people are angry, all you are doing is irritating all parties involved. Either participate in the discussion at hand, or pipe down so tha rest of us can do it in peace.
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
youre just contributing to it because youre starting to piss me off a bite with youre useless posts.

So you think I'm trying to keep the peace just to troll you?

...Yes. You're right. The only reason I'm trying to calm all of you down is because I wanted to make your day just a little less enjoyable. Ya got me.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jætte_Troll
Friend of the Jotun
Friend of the Jotun
Jætte_Troll

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Because just making everything all sizes all over the place gets silly after awhile. I think when making species we have to be careful to lay out what sizes they come in.

Humanoid (not tauric) species rarely have both giant and human sized versions. Once again, elves being the exception due to magical manipulation of their species. Some humanoid species, like nekos and humans are human sized. Neeras and tinies are tiny sized. Rare species, like the Jotun, are giant sized. These are all species based roughly off of humans and so stick to one size. The tauric species, like nagas, mermaids, dridders and the like, are based off of animals, animals that often have great variances in size, so seeing great variance in them makes sense.

Fairies, of course, are their own special category in all this. Razz

And as has been pointed out, all giantesses we have are off worlders. I hope that we never see Felarya-native giantesses....

Certain species, like mermaids and dridders, yeah, I can see a wide variety of sizes.

But a giant-sized neko is as out of place as a human-sized neera. Of course, I think this could all just be dealt with saying she is an off-worlder, like all the giantesses.

Back to top Go down
http://jaettetroll.deviantart.com/
Krisexy26
Survivor
Survivor
Krisexy26

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:07 pm

aisu: youre not only trolling me, youre trolling the whole debate. i thought you would have caught it, but i guess i have to be clear and blunt:

shut up.

now back to you rcs, i think our position are clear.

but, for me, felarya is at a point where it is a literary place. and my thoughts about literature are simple: everything is possible as long as it respects the author's view. (it may be unclear, so ill just say as long as karbo says its okay, lets go!)
Back to top Go down
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:08 pm

Krisexy26 wrote:
youre just contributing to it.

youre already starting to piss me off a bit with youre useless posts.

I have to agree with Aisu here... this one was really unwarranted . Stop with the agressivity please, you are not really helping ...

As for that neko question, I really don't see what the big fuss is about. I personnaly don't like absolute rules, and even then there is several ways you could have that giant neko. That's not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Is there only one tonorion hive in Felarya, or is the one on the map only the largest?

Last edited by Jasconius on Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZionAtriedes
Loremaster
ZionAtriedes

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Kris actually has a point, Aisu. I'm sorry. It wasn't an argument until you called it one. Now Vent is all aflutter, and people are panicking. Don't make mountains out of molehills.

Now, Kris, we don't know what Karbo's view is. This vore comic may just be fetish material, and not even canon!
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm

ZionAtriedes wrote:
Kris actually has a point, Aisu. I'm sorry. It wasn't an argument until you called it one. Now Vent is all aflutter, and people are panicking. Don't make mountains out of molehills.

Now, Kris, we don't know what Karbo's view is. This vore comic may just be fetish material, and not even canon!

That's what I've been saying before. It's obviously just for the vore fans, it might not be part of the setting and just a What If for all we know
Back to top Go down
AisuKaiko
Keeper of Flat Chests
AisuKaiko

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 pm

I'll just step aside. In a thread where the peacekeeper is called a troll, it's beyond help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Q and A   General Q and A - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Q and A
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next