Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phantom Elf Powers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Phantom Elf Powers Empty
PostSubject: Phantom Elf Powers   Phantom Elf Powers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:03 am

Due to a lack of development about Phantom Elves, we should think of more abilities that revolve around their great skills over their mind. It makes no sense that they can only transcend death once and not be able to use other tricks that would no doubt be infinitely easier to accomplish. AJ already suggested shutting off their mind from things like pain and all, which I guess would also be effective against psychics. I also suggested like leaving their bodies and scout ahead as if they were ghosts, akin to an astral projection. Would there be other tricks they could use? Post your thoughts here.

Last edited by Sean Okotami on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Anime-Junkie
Loremaster
Anime-Junkie

Phantom Elf Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Elf Powers   Phantom Elf Powers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:14 am

Astral projection could be one, but it would be dangerous as that's their mind and soul they a re projecting.
Their body is vulnerable while they're doing that. On top of that their projection is VERY vulnerable to other phantom elves and anything that can harm spirits.
(Also, shouldn't this thread be called Phantom Elf powers? it makes more sense, than specifically talking about their souls rather than their minds and souls.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Excelsior-Emeritus.deviantart.com
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Phantom Elf Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Elf Powers   Phantom Elf Powers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 am

They got spells. That's not part of their souls, that's part of magic training. I would also assume a Phantom Elf would have, you know, the brightness to hide before doing the astral projection.
Back to top Go down
Jasconius
Survivor
Survivor
Jasconius

Phantom Elf Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Elf Powers   Phantom Elf Powers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 10:09 am

Perhaps a limited telepathy stemming from their "incredible control over their mind" as the wiki states. Not true conversations being held between minds, but perhaps the ability to "share" emotions mentally. Also, perhaps a soul transference ability in an empty "vessel" which would use up their second life?

I also noticed that it mentions their phasing skills offhand on their sub-article on the wiki. Perhaps some more development on that, as well as a deeper description of it?
Back to top Go down
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Phantom Elf Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Elf Powers   Phantom Elf Powers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:30 pm

I assume that's pretty much like Shadowcat from X-Men. As for the vessel, it only says they reinhabit the same body, so they come back exactly where they died, which is why it's impossible in certain places. I would assume that since you read the wiki, you would have caught that part. Something else, since they live in a zone of eternal night, you would think they would have developed perfect vision in low-light, or which I'm sure people are going to contradict me by bringing in science in a place where it's made of magic and where the basic laws of physics are different, vision in absence of light, albeit colorless for that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Phantom Elf Powers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phantom Elf Powers   Phantom Elf Powers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phantom Elf Powers
Page 1 of 1