Felarya
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Felarya

Felarya forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Predator afterlife

Go down 
+10
itsmeyouidiot
Malahite
TheLightLost
dragonjaj
Pendragon
Shady Knight
Karbo
PrinnyDood
Archmage_Bael
Slimetoad
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:10 pm

So i've been wondering that, since Hell and Heaven in Felarya seem inclined towards human and small humanoid souls, we don't really know what awaits for predators once they die. Talking with AJ about it, he just told me there was the predator trinity, so that gave me an idea.

What if the afterlife for Felaryan tauric predators was something along the lines of the norse Valhalla? A sort of extensive, never ending hunting ground where predators can spend eternity gorging on various delicacies, clash with each other and take part in grand-scale hunts by the side of the three goddesses, never again to ever tire or suffer the grueling adversities their mortal lives had.

Or at least, that's how the legends would go anyway
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:51 pm

That'd be a good base to start a legend from, it'd be interesting to have the ACTUAL pred-heaven be completely different. Not all myths and legends are correct after all. My favorite example is the Legend of King Arthur.
Back to top Go down
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:37 am

That's a good point. This could easily be the idea a lot of predators could follow, and that those civilized enough and with religious ceremonies could spread among themselves, each adding more and more spins on the idea. And then of course, whatever the actual afterlife is may or may not be at all like they think it is
Back to top Go down
PrinnyDood
Seasoned adventurer
Seasoned adventurer
PrinnyDood

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 am

At first, I was like, 'why should predators have a separate afterlife? They're not dogs.' But then I thought about it for a second, and this popped into my head.

Archangel: "Welcome to heaven, [pred name here], you have lived a just and kind life, free of malice or cruelty."

Pred: "Yay!"

Archangel: "Of course, you were also directly responsible for the horrible deaths of... 11,926 individuals. Because you acted in innocence, it would be unjust to hold it against you, but we're definitely going to have to have a 'talk' before you move in."

Random Passerby: "W-what the hell? She ate me and I was digested alive, and she gets into heaven?!"

Archangel: "Now, settle down. It's actually a bit more complicated than that, you see-"

Pred: "Ohh, yummy!"

Random Passerby: "Oh god not again!!"

Archangel: "Wait just a damn second! Stop!! I swear to god if you break anything-"

*Huge crashing sound*

Archangel: "...T_T"

...And that's the story of how predators got their own separate afterlife.

(I'm never any help, am I? sweatdrop )
Back to top Go down
http://prinnydood-abides.deviantart.com/
Karbo
Evil admin
Evil admin
Karbo

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:18 am

XD
Back to top Go down
http://karbo.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 am

That's just my opinion, but I heard some people say that predators shouldn't go to Heaven because they eat humans and such. Personally, I don't see the problem. To me, predators are both sapient creatures who still retain most of their beastial instincts. They follow the law of the jungle where you either survive or you don't, so there's no actual moral involved when Crisis eating nekos for her own survival. After all, she must eat to live, like we all do. The thing, I believe, is that some people continue to think under our own real life ethics, but I like to see both point of view, where a predator hasn't grown up in proximity of humans, and as such, has a preconceived notion that they fall in the same category as animals its parents caught for him/her.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Pendragon
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Grand Mecha Enthusiast
Pendragon

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:03 am

Forget regular Heaven. Predators should go to Valhalla when they die.

Heaven implies you've never killed anyone before, even in innocence. If they go to Valhalla though, it implies they did kill, but it was partially how they were raised. Also, you gotta admit, Crisis with a viking helmet would be just an awesome thing to picture.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Pendragon on Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:42 am

Or there soul is transfered to a new born body and they just live again via reencarntion.....
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
Shady Knight
Lord of the Elements
Shady Knight

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 am

dragonjaj wrote:
Or there soul is transfered to a new born body and they just live again via reencarntion.....
That doesn't work in Felarya.
Back to top Go down
http://shady-knight.deviantart.com/
Slimetoad
Temple scourge
Temple scourge
Slimetoad

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Pendragon wrote:
Forget Heaven. Predators should go to Valhalla when they die.

Heaven implies you've never killed anyone before, even in innocence. If they go to Valhalla though, it implies they did kill, but it was partially how they were raised. Also, you gotta admit, Crisis with a viking helmet would be just an awesome thing to picture.

Just a thought.

My thoughts exactly : p

Plus i can imagine an eternity of not doing what they have been doing since birth would make predators somewhat uneasy
Back to top Go down
TheLightLost
Survivor
Survivor
TheLightLost

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 2:36 pm

Predator hell: A world where the predator is bound and extremely hungry, and infinite people walk by taunting them and flashing their yummy little bodies in their face.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 3:00 pm

A "Valhalla"-like thing at once sorta works and sorta-doesn't. Sorta does because there's the gigantic meal hall that most sentient Prey-eating Predators would very probably expect when they've passed on. Sorta doesn't because of all the other implications (such as the fact that it means someone is about to turn against the Predator Trinity, which will have world-damning consequences).

Predator hell would be varied, depending on the type of Predator. The hunt they could never succeed in, for the Predators that prided themselves in their hunting skill, whereas those they mocked are seen (though not actually there) to thrive, as an example.
Back to top Go down
dragonjaj
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
dragonjaj

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 4:10 pm

gt500x wrote:
Predator hell: A world where the predator is bound and extremely hungry, and infinite people walk by taunting them and flashing their yummy little bodies in their face.

no a prditer hell would be they surfring being eat and digested over and over again for all eturnty
Back to top Go down
http://dragonjaj.deviantart.com/
itsmeyouidiot
Marauder of the deep jungle
Marauder of the deep jungle
itsmeyouidiot

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:28 pm

I've always imagined an afterlife of sorts where predators and prey live together in peace...

Probably not going to work, but it's a thought.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 8:41 pm

itsmeyouidiot wrote:
I've always imagined an afterlife of sorts where predators and prey live together in peace...

Probably not going to work, but it's a thought.
It doesn't work, barring mental rehaul. I mean, some Predators it could work with, but for others it'd be akin to making a Human-Chocolate afterlife and expecting the people to treat the Chocolate like, well, people: They won't. It'll be chocolate.
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 am

Maybe it's like Valhalla - if you get eaten, then next thing you know you've respawned a coupla hours later. I'm talking about heaven of course, I don't think you'd get many respawns in hell...
Back to top Go down
Salvyrn
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
Salvyrn

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:26 am

Hell wouldn't be too hellish if you'd only get eaten once there though. Unless predators have a separate hell as well.
Back to top Go down
http://salvyrn.deviantart.com/
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 am

Maybe everyone's the same size in hell - they all get eaten by succubi anyway.

And with the Valhalla thing, I probably should have mentioned that you probably wouldn't be digested, more likely just teleported to your respawn point.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 6:26 pm

Valhalla heaven doesn't quite work for the "Prey" there though, unless one of three things occurs:

1) They're self-contained beings meant to be eaten. If they're made there by whatever divine being is overseeing it, it's a bit more understandable why there's food for the Giant Preds.

2) It's one of the circles of Prey "Hell". Problem here being that to properly be Hell there must be minimal chance of Prey effectiveness (they can't under any circumstances be successful, as then it voids their Hell) and by the same token doomed failure will eventually wear itself on the native Preds too.

3) Only Giant Predators. Things that couldn't eat demi-humans couldn't go there anyways, now that I think about it: The whole appeal is seemingly a gigantic feast hall. All they'd really do is wait for whatever it is the Divine is waiting to happen (which, if to be a world-ending feast, is even more daft as then they're waiting the whole time for diddly).

Oh, and it also sorta-contradicts the Heaven / Hell bits Silent Eric (him, yes?) put out. Speaking of which, where is the bugger?
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I'm wondering myself. We should put out a general "silent eric" alarm xD

I find your second theory to be the most interesting. Its like, even if you die in felarya, you still cant escape it, because getting to felaryan hell/heaven is just repeated rounds of the prey being prey, and the preds being even happier and cheerful than ever before, and frankly, if fairies got any more cheerful...
Back to top Go down
MrNobody13
Great warrior
Great warrior
MrNobody13

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:07 am

Fairy: Ohmygoshthisissoawesomen'stuffand-

*Nuclear fireball*

lol
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:01 pm

Archmage_Bael wrote:
I'm wondering myself. We should put out a general "silent eric" alarm xD

I find your second theory to be the most interesting. Its like, even if you die in felarya, you still cant escape it, because getting to felaryan hell/heaven is just repeated rounds of the prey being prey, and the preds being even happier and cheerful than ever before, and frankly, if fairies got any more cheerful...
The thing is, it wouldn't be.

Imagine, for instance, you had access to cake. 24/7. 365 / year. Forever. Whatever types you want. You would never suffer health problems from such, and could access it practically at whim. How long would it be before you lost your interest in cake?
Back to top Go down
EdgedWeapon
valiant swordman
valiant swordman
EdgedWeapon

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Cake?! You could NEVER loose interest in cake! Anyone who says otherwise is a heretic and should be crispy-fried by Othemites!

But I see your point. I'm not talking about the Valhalla thing as a way to punish prey or as the main focus of heaven for predators. I was talking about it being a sort of recreational game, kinda like hide and seek, to be played between preds and prey just as something fun to do between go-karting and cake-eating.
Back to top Go down
Malahite
Cog in the Machine
Cog in the Machine
Malahite

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 7:36 pm

EdgedWeapon wrote:
But I see your point. I'm not talking about the Valhalla thing as a way to punish prey or as the main focus of heaven for predators. I was talking about it being a sort of recreational game, kinda like hide and seek, to be played between preds and prey just as something fun to do between go-karting and cake-eating.
In such a case, #2 is highly unlikely. If the Predators see the Prey as anything more than "food", then there's a chance for a life that is not hellish. If they don't, but the Prey can gather / retaliate, it's not truly a hell as there's a chance for respite. If the Prey have no chance, then it's not really an eternal-reward system for Giant Predators that love to OM NOM (since that is what most people appear to be focusing on for this afterlife).
Back to top Go down
Archmage_Bael
Mara's snack
Archmage_Bael

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 pm

I think safe nommage is good nommage. When focusing on the after life, it's nice to have want you want at your fingertips xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Predator afterlife Empty
PostSubject: Re: Predator afterlife   Predator afterlife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predator afterlife
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next